General Gaming News.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Sigh. I have a complicated relationship with Arkham Knight, and a big reason is because I think they really squandered Conroy's talents. And now we'll never get another chance to see him in that universe. Now I want a replay of Arkham City.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Sigh. I have a complicated relationship with Arkham Knight, and a big reason is because I think they really squandered Conroy's talents. And now we'll never get another chance to see him in that universe. Now I want a replay of Arkham City.
My guess is that since the upcoming Suicide Squad game is in Arkhamverse, maybe Kevin was more involved. Could be that batman faked his death, or there are voice easters in the game.

Regardless, it just won’t be the same now

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oohhh boy....

That's heartwarming.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
My guess is that since the upcoming Suicide Squad game is in Arkhamverse, maybe Kevin was more involved. Could be that batman faked his death, or there are voice easters in the game.

Regardless, it just won’t be the same now
I'd expect maybe a collectible audio clip, the kind Rocksteady are so fond of. Definitely at least an Easter egg.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Here's another Souls/Ni-Oh/Sekiro/Wu-Long-like with a dash of SIFU and Mega Man. Will it ever end?! Probably not.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
The Swedish Games Industry released their yearly report on how things are going. The subheading for this report might as well be "Embracer Group bought a bunch of studios".

I don't know how interesting this is, I just thought I'd share. A number they published on page 8, revealing that the total revenue has gone from 0,2 billion euro to 5,8 billion euro in 9 years I found interesting. I'd like a comparison to other countries, like Japan or Poland, to see if this is something unique or part of an overall trend. I suspect the latter.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
The TGA 2022 nominees are here; Go cast your votes or w/e

Glad to see TLOU Part 1 not hogging up all the categories, and i was surprised Diablo Immortal was nominated for anything in the first place

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The TGA 2022 nominees are here; Go cast your votes or w/e

Glad to see TLOU Part 1 not hogging up all the categories, and i was surprised Diablo Immortal was nominated for anything in the first place
I voted mostly in a mix of God of War and Horizon. Gave best indie to Cult of the Lamb, GOTY went to GoW because FF7 wasn't an option.

I gave best sports to that skateboarding game because it was the only one on the list without bullshit MT's as far as I know.

Who gives a shit about best esports people or content creators, clicked randomly fuck it.

Best Debut went to Stray, and best fighting game went to Sifu.

I did give Elden Ring best RPG because, it's better than any of the other options.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
best fighting game went to Sifu.
Which is weird, because the game is also in the best action game category. All the other fighting games are actual one-on-one fighters. Sifu is a straight-up brawler. I think they're going to need another new section I'm glad to see Bayonetta 3 on the action game category. I will be putting in my vote later this evening. I am sad Final Vendetta didn't get a nomination for best soundtrack.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Which is weird, because the game is also in the best action game category. All the other fighting games are actual one-on-one fighters. Sifu is a straight-up brawler. I think they're going to need another new section I'm glad to see Bayonetta 3 on the action game category. I will be putting in my vote later this evening. I am sad Final Vendetta didn't get a nomination for best soundtrack.
I did vote Bayonetta in the action game catagory. Mostly because I wasn't familiar with the others, so I gave it the nod. Figured I might as well, I at least know by reputation it's good.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sonic Frontiers: Five reasons fans of Sonic love the new game - The Washington Post