General Gaming News.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
No. Stop pretending otherwise, and once again ignoring good adaptions and acting like nothing happened. Bad adaptions are still gonna happen, but at a lesser rate.
I mean, isn't the The Last Of Us the TV adaptation a success as we speak? With mainstream audiences?

Really awkwardly timed article. (It might have a valid point, behind the paywall)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
mean, isn't the The Last Of Us the TV adaptation a success as we speak? With mainstream audiences?
It's the same false narrative cycle of "That didn't count. This movie or TV show is the exception; not the rule." Clickbait 🐂 crap and nothing more.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I understand all that, but you can almost never give me to watch that movie again. Unless it's a gun to my head, and its between that and an Uwe Bowelle film. I'll take the live action Mario each and every time.
Of course now Uwe Bowell wants to fight you in the ring. If you happen to be remotely good at fighting hell chicken out of it immediately.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I can kick his ass any day.
He is, by all accounts, a much better boxer than he is a filmmaker. But as Dalisclock said, he also has a history of chickening out the moment he finds out his targets might actually be able to beat him.

Today, out of the "you had one job" file...

Intellivision? They're still a thing?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Lot of people say that, but he's literally a champion boxer.
I've heard. Too bad most of his opponents were scrubs or not trained fighters. Plus, I ain't talking about a boxing match. I'm talking straight up street fighting. Still kick his ass either way. Dude is still an angry coward going after weak people. Doesn't matter much now, because he's a loser and nobody wants to give him money to make movies. Not even that German tax law loophole could save him any more by the mid 2010s. German law put a stop to his scams they did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Too bad they're pathetic "convictions" that rely on being miserable to people who don't deserve it or caught in a crossfire. It's those who fight monsters disguised as some wannabe profound pure virtue disguised as cowardice.
I never said they had to be opinions we agree with.

Also:
You are literally just doing this
If you wanna ignore the words between the lines, that's fine. People can draw the line wherever they want with whatever they want to support or not support, whether it's a necessity of life or entertainment products. I do this as well. If you don't wanna support someone in any way, that's all good, I get it.

Neat. How about public disappointment, or should the rest of us just shut up so that a streamer doesn't have to hear anything negative ever?
Just gonna point to what Critical responded to you with and say "that." People's purchasing decisions should not paint harassment targets on them because of your personal beliefs.

Shit man, indie gaming has literally never been stronger. There's a large number of easily available ethical choices for magic schoolchildren games. This isn't a "there's no ethical consumption under capitalism" situation
Fair enough.
I'll admit I didn't consider the indie scene when I made my original comment. It was more geared towards larger studios where many, MANY people are involved within the chain of command, and how you are extremely likely to end up supporting some shit bag without realizing. I dearly hope that these nice people who make these smaller games continue to be the lovely people we know them as, and aren't hiding reprehensible skeletons in their closet.
(Edit: Some of them do, as many only find out way down the line in an indie's career. What do you do then? Do you claim ignorance and swear to not support them in the future? The damage has already been done at that point)

I think a lot of this situation comes down to the fact people actually know the name and face of the person they dislike (this being JK Rowling), and then can point to and say "I don't want to support this person." You don't get to easily do that with many other things in life, often times having to point to "X company" or "X distributor" or "X developer." There's a stir, there's a controversy, and this time, it's attached to an individual, so it's easier to draw the line and say you don't want anything to do with them

Last edited:
Reactions: thebobmaster

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I never said they had to be opinions we agree with.
Damn straight, because they're shit opinions! They're not true convictions. True convictions would be understanding, having an actual discussion, let people be, or actually physically helping those suffering from being abused, because they're attacked for being trans or just playing a fucking video game about magical wizard school. Not getting high off their own farts and filled with nothing, but smug satisfactory, no different from the bigots and sexist asshole fucking up the world for everyone. Yet claiming to be on the side of "good", "righteousness", and wanting to be build a better future. You can't build a future by being a know-nothing-know-it-all, black n' white insanity, and fail to understand anything asshole! Anyone who acts like that:

End of story. This is the last I will discuss of this, because I want to move on to something more positive that can actually help others. For the record, I am not mad at you, but hatred such as this is so unhelpful and benefits no one. I will commend none of it, because nothing was actually earned and is the same shit, we've seen from unempathetic trolls, bullies, and cowards no different from the last. Keyboard "warriors" (loosest term here) who sit on their asses never actually fighting the good fight, and only go after easy targets, because they lack convictions and resolve to actually do the right thing.

Elvis Starburst

Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
It's funny you quote that clip, cause my general opinion based on your response is exactly as it's said at the end... "Take it easy." You're letting these things get to you too much. I find you get pretty heated and intense over it, especially with someone that you (likely) know will never change. Spending that amount of time and energy on someone you clearly dislike, the individual being the type to stand by anything and everything they say and rarely budge...
Your time is better spent

Reactions: Gyrobot

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's funny you quote that clip, cause my general opinion based on your response is exactly as it's said at the end... "Take it easy." You're letting these things get to you too much. I find you get pretty heated and intense over it, especially with someone that you (likely) know will never change. Spending that amount of time and energy on someone you clearly dislike, the individual being the type to stand by anything and everything they say and rarely budge...
It's the principle of the matter, and I am taking it easy. I am not going to spend 24/7 on you know who, but I am sure as hell not going to keep my mouth shut and keep silent on calling out someone on their huge hypocrisy. Especially after said person constantly shower themselves with praises for being "woke" and on the side of the abused every time they comment. Expecting everyone to shut up and automatically agree with them and praise them for their own self-praising. I call shit out when I fucking see it and will not pretend otherwise.

Your time is better spent
I appreciate the effort, but I know how to spend my time. Like I said before, I am done for now, but that does not mean I will quit altogether. I see something that is not right or horribly wrong, I will not be expected to hold it all in.

Last edited:

Elvis Starburst

Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
It's the principle of the matter, and I am taking it easy. I am not going to spend 24/7 on you know who, but I am sure is hell not going to keep my mouth shut and keep silent on calling out someone on their huge hypocrisy. I call shit out when I fucking see it and will not pretend otherwise.
Like I said before, I am done for now, but that does not mean I will quit altogether. I see something that is not right or horribly wrong, I will not be expected to hold it all in.
You know what they say about brick walls, but... good luck to you, genuinely

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You know what they say about brick walls,
Less of a brick wall, and more of a cheap puppet pathetically controlled and tangled by the strings of their own warped ideology.

good luck to you, genuinely
Thank you.

Last edited: