General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Like I don't care if they wanted her to be a bit older or whatever, but the fucking way they did it is just...I can't take her seriously, I'm gonna let her get taken ALL the time, and I'm gonna sit there going, "That's the manager, talk to him Ashley!"
Have fun never completing that No Death on Professional Difficulty run. Ashley sure as hell don't look like a "Karen" to me. That name as an insult has to stop. I never liked it before, and I'm really getting tired of it now.

I kinda have a problem with the new Ashley but it's not so much the design as the new graphics making her look uncannily like Heather from Silent Hill. I keep thinking, "Why is Heather in this game?"
That's more unintentional than anything. Besides, I don't see much of a similarity between the two faces.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Honestly I'd take new Ashley over new Leon, he's just ultra generic action manchismo now, where before he felt like teenager who just got out of his goth phase (which I though fitted the game goofy tone). Not that I like Ashley new design either, aging her up is fine, but why keep the school girl uniform skirt then? She comes off as middle age women going trough age crisis who stole her daughter uniform to feel young.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Leon, he's just ultra generic action manchismo now, where before he felt like teenager who just got out of his goth phase (which I though fitted the game goofy tone).
That's been a problem with Leon since the animated RE movies and 6. He still giving personality here. More than what was in Resident Evil 6 in the first two animated Resident Evil movies. Especially that first one. They turned them into a generic action dude that doesn't smile and is always bored and depressed looking. Trying to make him come off as stoic, but really not interesting to look at. The other animated Resident Evil movies eased off this a bit, and I hope they do the same for the upcoming cg movie, where Jill is finally in one of them for the first time. This will also be the first time Leon and Jill actually interact on screen together in one of these animated movies.

Reactions: meiam

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wish they would stop trying to make movies. Just make good games, stop trying to make shitty movie adaptations!
By they: do you mean Atomic Monster, Blumhouse, or the Hollywood industry in general? Ironic enough, Blumhouse plans on going into video game development. Also, this would be the movie studio's first time doing an official movie adaption of a game. Before that point, the closest they ever got was their Purge movies, which most of the films felt like adaptions of Manhunt. More so the second and third movie.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
How long has this been in production? I'm pretty sure Obama was still in office when we saw the first trailer for it.
A long time, and it even changed developers. Techland the guys behind Dead Island 1, started production on Dead Island 2, but then they broke off from the publisher and went somewhere else. Dead Island 2 was given to another developer (Yager I think) and since then Techland developed AND released Dying Light 1 AND 2. And still Dead Island 2 isn't out yet. So.....Duke Nukem Forever 2: On a zombie island, is gonna be dogshit.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A long time, and it even changed developers. Techland the guys behind Dead Island 1, started production on Dead Island 2, but then they broke off from the publisher and went somewhere else. Dead Island 2 was given to another developer (Yager I think) and since then Techland developed AND released Dying Light 1 AND 2. And still Dead Island 2 isn't out yet. So.....Duke Nukem Forever 2: On a zombie island, is gonna be dogshit.
I know my brother's been waiting for this game for a long time. To the point that he somewhat forgot about it. He's got Dying Light 1 & 2, so he's good for now. Odds are he'll still get this; probably on Game Pass. My only problem with this game, is that it should really be called Dead Island 3. Riptide acted as a sequel to the first game. Not to mention, it should just be called Dead California or something. You're not even on an island. I highly doubt you'll be visiting one of California's Islands for majority of the runtime.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I know my brother's been waiting for this game for a long time. To the point that he somewhat forgot about it. He's got dying light one and two, so he's good for now. Odds are he'll still get this. Probably on Game Pass. My only type of this game is that it should really be called Dead Island 3. Riptide acted as a sequel to the first game. Not to mention it should just be called Dead California or something. You're not even on an island. And I highly doubt you'll be visiting one of California's Islands for majority of the runtime.
Dead Island 2, the game so dead that we even killed the island.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
TL;DR (or DW?)
Knife can now be used to deflect physical and incoming projectile attacks
Knife can now be used to finish off downed enemies
There will be side-quests
You can now stash your gears
Ashley can now be commanded to crawl through tight spaces or open locked doors from the other side
Stealth mechanics are added, used for sneaking pass the enemies or perform a sneak attack
Krauser Knife fight is no longer a QTE cutscene, but a fully interactive boss fight, where the player would have to utilize the knife skills mentioned above
This sounds like a setup for a pervy upskirt cam, but I know that probably wouldn’t fly here.