General Gaming News.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Nickelodeon All Stars Brawl is being released on October 5th

Then, Nintendo decides to reveal the last Smash fighter on October 5th.

Ruthless move

Reactions: Hawki and BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Confirms what everyone pretty much knew all along -
Hasn't Kojima already outright said this? And that he originally wanted Snake and Otacon to be tried and executed for warcrimes? I guess that for some reason, he never thought that the cool, gravelly-voiced special operations soldier would be popular with gamers.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Hasn't Kojima already outright said this? And that he originally wanted Snake and Otacon to be tried and executed for warcrimes? I guess that for some reason, he never thought that the cool, gravelly-voiced special operations soldier would be popular with gamers.
He wanted to be done with it even back on MGS2, let alone 4. Sometimes I think half the stuff he came up with was just pseudo-trolling out of frustration with being forced into doing something, and it kinda bled into his work. But then again, one look at how Death Stranding ended up with free reigns makes that theory kinda borked.

In any case, the effort he put into even the games he was tired of making transcended any personal feelings. Might have been an extreme love/hate thing going on.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
No one has mentioned the "No co-op at launch" for Halo Infinite. Like, delay the whole game, or release the pvp as standalone. Do not release a Halo game without co-op, it is why Halo became what it was.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No one has mentioned the "No co-op at launch" for Halo Infinite. Like, delay the whole game, or release the pvp as standalone. Do not release a Halo game without co-op, it is why Halo became what it was.
I did not know about it, because I do not follow Halo. You do have a big point though.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Apparently the first Legacy of Kain game(Blood Omen) has finally gotten a Digital release on PC(there was also a PS3 digital release, which kinda sucks because that's 2 generations back at this point). Which means I can finally get around to playing the Legacy of Kain series because I can now play all of them. Not sure why it took so long to get this one when the other games have been available digitally for years at this point.

I don't know if Blood Omen is particularly good but I've heard the series gets quite interesting apparently as it goes along. Like time travel and all sorts of other stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Apparently the first Legacy of Kain game(Blood Omen) has finally gotten a Digital release on PC(there was also a PS3 digital release, which kinda sucks because that's 2 generations back at this point). Which means I can finally get around to playing the Legacy of Kain series because I can now play all of them. Not sure why it took so long to get this one when the other games have been available digitally for years at this point.

I don't know if Blood Omen is particularly good but I've heard the series gets quite interesting apparently as it goes along. Like time travel and all sorts of other stuff.
The story goes really banana, its obvious most of it wasn't planned after the first game and they just improvised as they went along but its pretty cool. Also a rare series when the protagonist not only change but the game protagonist becomes an antagonist.

Gameplay wise the game are so-so, 3D platforming was still pretty new back then and suffer somewhat from frustrating camera. Also they're sorta metroidvania but there's not enough interesting stuff around the world to find.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Deluxe version of Oneechanbara Origin is finally on sale! It took an entire year! On sale now for $44.99 + tax. I just bought it now. The sale ends in 5 days, so get it now. I will be playing after I get back from the show.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

That is not a good sign.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
1. I'll believe it when I see it.
2. I'll give a shit when it's REAL Castlevania, Metal Gear and Silent Hill games, and not this shit......

And then there's that other Contra game that came out like a year ago and I can't even remember what it's even called and it apparently it's so bad nobody really cares.

To put it succulently, I'll care about Konami making games when they show they care about the games they're putting out.