General Gaming News.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
160 dollars lost among millions in revenue is nothing for Ubisoft, you can act like you are justified in your boycott but what difference does it make? The age of GaaS is going to continue on without the cranky gamers stuck in 2008.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Never heard this but hope all is well with the surgeries -

Dude takes about 2:23 to get to the point though.
I don't watch YongYeah for a reason. He takes tool long to get to the point, and whatever he's usually "reporting" ain't really news worthy. He's either regurgitation what everyone else already said or is thinking. Worst, wasting everyone's time with something that can be said in less than a minute, and makes a 10 minute+ video out of it. It's why I only subscribed to him for about 2 months back in 2018.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
160 dollars lost among millions in revenue is nothing for Ubisoft, you can act like you are justified in your boycott but what difference does it make? The age of GaaS is going to continue on without the cranky gamers stuck in 2008.
I don't think it makes any difference to them. To me it means more money and time for me to spend on other things I do enjoy and feel comfortable in supporting.

I've already accepted that Ubisoft went full in on GAAS and thus I feel there's no point in caring anymore about anything they put out. There are plenty of other games out there to occupy me even if I didn't buy another game for the next 10 years. Gamers are spoiled for choice right now and if you want something, you can likely find it without going to the AAA big boys.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't think it makes any difference to them. To me it means more money and time for me to spend on other things I do enjoy and feel comfortable in supporting.

I've already accepted that Ubisoft went full in on GAAS and thus I feel there's no point in caring anymore about anything they put out. There are plenty of other games out there to occupy me.
I ignore his ramblings, because they mean nothing in the grand scheme. Steam and EGS will still exist, but the latter has nothing I want, and the former I don't use that often and mainly for smaller games.

You on the other said the most sensible answer and I 100% agree with you. Shitty products aside, I don't support a company that continually abuses its employees with racism, sexism, sexual harassment and rape.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I ignore his ramblings, because they mean nothing in the grand scheme. Steam and EGS will still exist, but the latter has nothing I want, and the former I don't use that often and mainly for smaller games.

You on the other said the most sensible answer and I 100% agree with you. Shitty products aside, I don't support a company that continually abuses its employees with racism, sexism, sexual harassment and rape.
Yeah, Ubisoft is a triple whammy. Shitty corporate culture(the aforementioned revelations of how they treat their employees), GAAS being shoved into EVERYTHING and the fact all they've made for years at this point are different variations of the Ubisoft game. I stayed for the AC series because of my love for historical shit but even that had diminishing returns and if they hadn't done Egypt or Greece I probably wouldn't have bothered with any of the games after Black Flag.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

But for now, it looks like New World isn't the source of the GPU failures but merely a catalyst in pushing a small subset of flaky hardware to the breaking point.

Ok, I can at least partially agree with this, but it also reads like a hand waiving for Amazon’s culpability for being the only “catalyst” that’s been breaking these cards, simply because they have the deepest pockets to afford escaping it. I mean, surely at least a few of these card owners have played other demanding games or programs on them.

If a game is effectively acting as a bigger stress test for GPUs than stress tests themselves, then I for one sure as hell won’t ever be playing it. Also reaching a bit further into those deep pockets to hire better programmers wouldn’t hurt.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

Good riddance to a homophobic war crime denying game composer

May we all live in a BreadTube that is Baked and Woke

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Still not buying.

Neat. Rock on guys and gals.

Bungie are morons.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Bungie are morons.
This "vaulting" thing is bullshit. I mean, it's basically taking away content that players paid for, for no other reason than to re-introduce it later in lieu of actual new content.

Even Disney doesn't take away your copy of The Little Mermaid when they decide to put it in the "Disney vault".

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This "vaulting" thing is bullshit. I mean, it's basically taking away content that players paid for, for no other reason than to re-introduce it later in lieu of actual new content.

Even Disney doesn't take away your copy of The Little Mermaid when they decide to put it in the "Disney vault".
Ironic that nintendo, who's usually seen as a video game equivalent of Disney in certain regards, chose to bought all their Mario stuff. Mainly the Mario 3D trilogy. You can't even get it digital anymore. I'm glad I snagged my copy at a sale. But believe it or not, I still found some physical copies and a few of the Walmarts and Best Buys in my local. areas.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

GAAS is the worst, for many reasons, but especially this one. And since it's online and Multiplayer only, it's not like you can just keep a saved copy of the old stuff somewhere and use a crack to keep playing it if DRM is an issue. Nope, it's all controlled from the Bungie serves and if you don't like it, tough,

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Good riddance to a homophobic war crime denying game composer

May we all live in a BreadTube that is Baked and Woke
Oh hey, that guy's dead. Good.

I mean, I'd feel bad if not for the fact that he was a war crime denying piece of shit who donated money to anti-LGBTQ organisations, and that he lived to the ripe old age of 90 while enjoying his large wealth. Seriously, he died a rich and happy man, and I'm glad he's dead - we both win.

Also worth mentioning that he refused to have the orchestral score of Dragon Quest 11 in the initial release on the PS4, only allowing a synthesized version, so they could make money off of concert tickets. I don't know if they pulled that with previous entries, but they did with the latest one and it is some high level scumbaggery.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh hey, that guy's dead. Good.

I mean, I'd feel bad if not for the fact that he was a war crime denying piece of shit who donated money to anti-LGBTQ organisations, and that he lived to the ripe old age of 90 while enjoying his large wealth. Seriously, he died a rich and happy man, and I'm glad he's dead - we both win.

Also worth mentioning that he refused to have the orchestral score of Dragon Quest 11 in the initial release on the PS4, only allowing a synthesized version, so they could make money off of concert tickets. I don't know if they pulled that with previous entries, but they did with the latest one and it is some high level scumbaggery.
I felt nothing for his death, not even joy. But I am glad he'll never hurt anyone else ever again. First time ever heard about his actions and the whole controversy with Dragon quest 11 was on Stop The Skeletons From Fighting (formally the Happy video game nerd). They had basically a 30 minute video dedicated to all that mess.

Reactions: Casual Shinji