General Gaming News.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.

Here's another reason why PC gaming sucks; New and expensive parts don't always mean better.
*yawn*

So nVidia are having a fun old time shitting the bed with their 4000 series cards, so what? One of the strengths of PCs is that there are almost always alternatives.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Rumors abound.

I saw something about Bloodborne PC datamined, but those rumors always pop up when Playstation pop's it's head in.

I wanna mock Microsoft for still not having a presentation or games, but Phil confirmed throwing in the towel so I guess it's not fair to laugh at them anymore.
Well that probably won’t matter much now anyways.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm assuming there'll be character switching then. Insomniac could have just stated that from the very first trailer and moved on. I really wish developers would stop doing crap like this, and not let people's theories grow crazy. The constant Game Theory YouTubers ain't innocent either, and they definitely don't help.

Damn straight. Fuck off WB.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Ooh Nice! I know Ancient Egypt used to be divided and had their share of territorial disputes, so this might be interesting!

Reactions: Dalisclock

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I guess I'm lucky I wasn't following every detail of the Spiderman 2 marketing because I just assumed it would character switching single player. I mean, that is Sony games, that was the last two Spiderman games- never occurred to me it would be multiplayer. And it would be a dumb move IMO- there is a built-in audience of people like me who will buy it and play it and love it simply because it's more of what we like- swinging around by ourselves without online stuff bothering us.

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Ooh Nice! I know Ancient Egypt used to be divided and had their share of territorial disputes, so this might be interesting!
Neat, but I feel like I'll have to wait a few year after release for them to make the "non historic DLC" with all the cool monster and stuff, warhammer spoiled me.

Also important to mention ancient Egypt has a long fucking history (ie, longer than from us to Roman) so I wonder what they'll focus on.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Really considering picking this up. It's pretty darn cheap too.

I only recently learned that this is a sequel of sorts to Space Marine. Isn't that crazy? Not only is your game from more than a decade ago getting a sequel, it's getting TWO sequels, and one of them is a boomer shooter.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
It's focused on the Bronze Age Collapse.
Make sense, although there's the whole problem with we still don't really know for sure who the sea people were. I wonder how much of the middle east will be then, all the way to Persia?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Make sense, although there's the whole problem with we still don't really know for sure who the sea people were. I wonder how much of the middle east will be then, all the way to Persia?
To quote from the Q&A:

The base game contains eight playable factions from three diverse cultures:

• Egyptian: Ramesses, Seti, Tausret, Amenmesse
  • Canaanite: Bay and Irsu
  • Hittite: Kurunta and Suppiluliuma
As for the Sea People...yeah, I can spitball, but people far more learned then me have guessed as well. I'd stake my guess that in-game they'd be themed around the Med/southern Europe, but in reality, can't say much.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
To quote from the Q&A:

As for the Sea People...yeah, I can spitball, but people far more learned then me have guessed as well. I'd stake my guess that in-game they'd be themed around the Med/southern Europe, but in reality, can't say much.
That's actually a lot smaller than I though, wonder if this is like the britannia game they made, smaller scale to test some ideas.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Ancient World fans like me are eating.

It's focused on the Bronze Age Collapse.
Fucking finally. Not nearly enough video games focus on the bronze age collapse. And I'm reasonably sure this is the first one I've heard of.

To quote from the Q&A:

I'm noticing a lack of the Myceneans or the Minoans there, so I wouldn't be shocked if the sea peoples either aren't a playable faction or the Aegean people get added in later.

Reactions: meiam and Hawki

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Really considering picking this up. It's pretty darn cheap too.

I only recently learned that this is a sequel of sorts to Space Marine. Isn't that crazy? Not only is your game from more than a decade ago getting a sequel, it's getting TWO sequels, and one of them is a boomer shooter.
I would have absolutely loved that shit in 1994. I've been really bored of games recently, not played anything at all, but I am feeling a strong urge to pick that up too. Probably won't play for long but at 20 quid it might worth a shot.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I would have absolutely loved that shit in 1994. I've been really bored of games recently, not played anything at all, but I am feeling a strong urge to pick that up too. Probably won't play for long but at 20 quid it might worth a shot.
Let us know how you find it if you do try it out. I'm kinda surprised this isn't on Game Pass.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Good article.

Here we go again...

Not interested.

Highly interested!

Really? Over a spoiler? Get your priorities straight, Japan.

Interesting trivia.

This I highly approve of, and I am glad more console makers are doing something beneficial for the disabled.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Unless their 'agressive plans' revolve around beating up anyone trying to pitch cloud gaming to them, same.
Probably isn't really cloud gaming and that's just the buzzword they're using for investor, they'll probably just double down on their game pass system.