General Gaming News.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Yeah, I guess its because the very megacorp thing where they have like 23 subcompany layers, but TakeTwo is the hottest garbage of all the AAA hot garbage peddlers as far as microtransactions predatory DLC etc goes but seem to keep their name out of the news somehow.

You've got your micotransaction dumpster fires like the 2K stuff, GTA, Evolve (remember that one?) lol.
all the way down to here's a game but there's like 6 million DLCs for it constantly to keep up (most of Firaxis, Borderlands, etc)
Yeh, hence why they're on my shit list.
More recenty they picked up Kerbal Space Program too, immediately pushed to a sequel which is hot crashy buggy non-optimized garbage
More so than the first KSP? Tho I guess it depends on who you ask.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Yeh, hence why they're on my shit list.
More so than the first KSP? Tho I guess it depends on who you ask.

Eh, context is everything.

KSP 1 was a side project by 1 guy during his spare time in college or whatever. KSP2 is being published by a AAA publisher and has a whole dev team and has basic optimization issuess that anyone vaguely qualified to program in Unity knows how to avoid

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
What the actual fuck!?

I literally checked this morning and that shit was full price. I check right now and it's 85% off? Whatever I bought it fuck my life
Meanwhile MK9 (the only one of the last trilogy I never got on PC) isn’t even available on Steam anymore, and keys are going for the cost of a new release at best. Da fuck. I don’t wanna have to buy the PS3 version again. It’s the best of the three in many ways but It’s almost like it’s…being erased from the timeline.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Resistance 3 pretty much outright stated the Chimera are dying out and they are running out of resource. It was only a matter of time before humanity picks back up, pushes back, and defeats them.
Is that before or after Capelli destroys the tower? If it's the former, then that contradicts everything I recall from the playthrough and everything I've read on the wiki, since by the time period of Resistance 3, the Chimera were in a dominant position, to the extent that they didn't need to convert humans, and just killed them on sight. If it's the latter, then it still doesn't solve the issue, where humanity's victory over the Chimera takes place in the duration of the credits.

Killzone 3 was slightly more open-ended (I don't remember all the details so you're on your own), but it's pretty obvious is that it could go either way. Shadow Fall you could ignore and nothing would change.
If Killzone 3 was the end of the series, then yes, it could be called a "grand finale," but it isn't the end of the series, Shadow Fall is. Headcanoning Shadow Fall away doesn't change the facts on the ground, and however one feels about it, Shadow Fall does progress/change the status quo, both from a thematic standpoint (we've gone from WWII to the Cold War) and an in-universe one (the helghast and UCN aren't sworn enemies, now the helghast are living on Vekta, with all the resentment that breeds. There's no handwaving that away.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Is that before or after Capelli destroys the tower? I recall from the playthrough and everything I've read on the wiki, since by the time period of Resistance 3, the Chimera were in a dominant position, to the extent that they didn't need to convert humans, and just killed them on sight. If it's the latter, then it still doesn't solve the issue, where humanity's victory over the Chimera takes place in the duration of the credits.
Don't remember everything. All I know is that professor guy character was on to something (with the game dropping small hints before hand), but whatever full answers he had died with him midway into the game. By that point, the Chimera were losing their major stranglehold, and the protagonist just wanted to get to his wife and child. Whatever writing fumbles Insomniac had, is on them, but they don't give a damn. As far as they and a majority of gamers are concerned, R3 is the grand finale, and they made it pretty clear they're not making another one. Take what you can get and move on.

If Killzone 3 was the end of the series, then yes, it could be called a "grand finale," but it isn't the end of the series, Shadow Fall is. Headcanoning Shadow Fall away doesn't change the facts on the ground, and however one feels about it, Shadow Fall does progress/change the status quo, both from a thematic standpoint (we've gone from WWII to the Cold War) and an in-universe one (the helghast and UCN aren't sworn enemies, now the helghast are living on Vekta, with all the resentment that breeds. There's no handwaving that away.
Gruella Games made it seen that way at the time before even thinking about Shadowfall. While Shadowfall has the things you mentioned, it's wasted potential, and GG doesn't even seem to care much for it. The only reason Shadowfall even got green lit was because Sony wanted another one, and they were still somewhat stuck on the modern/futuristic/sci-fi military shooter trend with regenerating health, and the game failing you for not staying on the beat path. The game is considered mediocre and underwhelming. I don't blame Killzone fans or other gamers for ignoring the last entry or prefer all things ended at 3.

Either way; I don't care. Resistance can get trilogy port and that would satisfy me enough. Rebooting would be unnecessary. Killzone I could see rebooting happening, but it's obvious GG cares more about Horizon and doing something different, so I can't blame them. I am moving on from this, as there is not much left to discuss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Don't remember everything. All I know is that professor guy character was on to something (with the game dropping small hints before hand), but whatever full answers he had died with him midway into the game. By that point, the Chimera were losing their major stranglehold, and the protagonist just wanted to get to his wife and child.
Um, are you sure? Because by the point Malikov dies, New York is a long way away, and as much as Capelli might want to be back home, he's still resolved to press on, even if, by the time he arrives in New York, he's more or less accepted that it's a suicide mission. I don't recall anything by that point in the game to suggest that the Chimera are in any way "losing their primary stronghold" (heck, an assault was launched on New York in 'A Hole in the Sky', and worked just about as well as you'd expect), and there's nothing to suggest that I could find that the Chimera are in any way suffering setbacks prior to the destruction of the New York terraformer. I mean, by the time Resistance 3 comes around, not only is 90% of the human race dead, not only are the Chimera simply killing humans rather than converting them, but the entire planet is being terraformed as well. The Chimera have effectively won until the game ends, and the credits cover their defeat post-game.

Whatever writing fumbles Insomniac had, is on them, but they don't give a damn. As far as they and a majority of gamers are concerned, R3 is the grand finale, and they made it pretty clear they're not making another one. Take what you can get and move on.
"Writing fumbles" and "not giving a damn" aren't the same thing - I haven't seen anything to indicate that Insomniac doesn't care, especially since they pitched Resistance 4 to Sony.

Will we get a Resistance 4? Strongly doubt it. Would I like a Resistance 4? Well, at the least, I think there's room to cover it - actually show the Chimera's defeat, or at least a portion of it.[/quote]

Gruella Games made it seen that way at the time before even thinking about Shadowfall. While Shadowfall has the things you mentioned, it's wasted potential, and GG doesn't even seem to care much for it. The only reason Shadowfall even got green lit was because Sony wanted another one,
Um, source? Because according to Guerilla, they wanted to make Shadow Fall, there's no mention of Sony forcing it.

and they were still somewhat stuck on the modern/futuristic/sci-fi military shooter trend with regenerating health, and the game failing you for not staying on the beat path. The game is considered mediocre and underwhelming. I don't blame Killzone fans or other gamers for ignoring the last entry or prefer all things ended at 3.
I don't know what you mean by "stuck on the modern/futuristic/military shooter" thing, since Killzone's been a MMS (mechanically) in the 24th century since day 1 (yes, Shadow Fall takes place in the 25th century, semantics). I'll certainly grant that there's a shift in the series - KZ1 sort of has this weird retro thing going on with its level of tech (e.g. the Lancer tanks, which feel ripped straight out of WWII), whereas by Killzone 3, we have the MAWLR for instance, but I'd say the setting feels congruent.

Either way; I don't care. Resistance can get trilogy port and that would satisfy me enough. Rebooting would be unnecessary. Killzone I could see rebooting happening, but it's obvious GG cares more about Horizon and doing something different, so I can't blame them. I am moving on from this, as there is not much left to discuss.
IMO, there's no need to reboot either (or at least hard reboot, you could easily have soft reboots after their respective final entries).

Honestly, I doubt we'll get either, and while that isn't the worst thing in the world, I'd say there's plenty more you could do with both settings.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Um, are you sure? Because by the point Malikov dies, New York is a long way away, and as much as Capelli might want to be back home, he's still resolved to press on, even if, by the time he arrives in New York, he's more or less accepted that it's a suicide mission. I don't recall anything by that point in the game to suggest that the Chimera are in any way "losing their primary stronghold" (heck, an assault was launched on New York in 'A Hole in the Sky', and worked just about as well as you'd expect), and there's nothing to suggest that I could find that the Chimera are in any way suffering setbacks prior to the destruction of the New York terraformer. I mean, by the time Resistance 3 comes around, not only is 90% of the human race dead, not only are the Chimera simply killing humans rather than converting them, but the entire planet is being terraformed as well. The Chimera have effectively won until the game ends, and the credits cover their defeat post-game.

• Fridge Brilliance:
    • Ever wondered why Resistance 3 didn't really explain the origins and ultimate goal of the Chimera? Simple: by that point, people are more concerned with simply surviving to the next day than anything else. Dr. Malikov is perhaps by then among the few who are still actively trying to understand the aliens. But whatever insights he would have had revealed, we'll never know. Because he gets killed by Mick and his band of convicts.
    • At first, the turnaround pulled off by the forces of humanity at the end of R3 seems like an Ass Pull, considering that they spent the first two games getting their asses handed to them. Then you remember that the Chimera are no longer able to convert humans due to the Hale vaccine. Without the ability to create more forces from their enemies, the Chimera are slowly ground down through attrition by the human forces. By the end of the game, the Chimera are simply too worn out to maintain the edge in the war, allowing humanity to regain the upper hand.
      • Add to this that Chimeran victories tend to be come at a high price. They might have several successes, but at the cost of a truly enormous body count. The number of Chimeran deaths from the player character alone in the second game can be in the range of a small city, not counting the many Chimera who are killed in the destruction of the Fleet or the deaths of enormous creatures like the Leviathan that represent thousands of infected human beings. The Chimeran battle strategy seems to be a sort of no-holds-barred blitzkrieg with the end goal of opening a portal to the Chimeran home world and inviting the Pure Chimera to take back the Earth. The Chimera are successful in achieving their goal, but when nothing comes through the portal alive the remaining Chimera just don't have the ability to fight a war of attrition in the long-term.
Hale Vaccine. That still leaves with 10% of humanity left and the ecological damage. Still a grand finale, even if it leaves you unsatisfied.

"Writing fumbles" and "not giving a damn" aren't the same thing - I haven't seen anything to indicate that Insomniac doesn't care, especially since they pitched Resistance 4 to Sony.
They either don't care now (Sony definitely doesn't give a shit about KZ & R and might as well not exist for them) or have different priorities now. Resistance 4 would be pointless, and they would more or less have to reboot. They're more focused on Spiderman, Ratchet & Clank, and the upcoming Wolverine.

Um, source? Because according to Guerilla, they wanted to make Shadow Fall, there's no mention of Sony forcing it.
Good to know.

I don't know what you mean by "stuck on the modern/futuristic/military shooter" thing, since Killzone's been a MMS (mechanically) in the 24th century since day 1 (yes, Shadow Fall takes place in the 25th century, semantics). I'll certainly grant that there's a shift in the series - KZ1 sort of has this weird retro thing going on with its level of tech (e.g. the Lancer tanks, which feel ripped straight out of WWII), whereas by Killzone 3, we have the MAWLR for instance, but I'd say the setting feels congruent.
I meant by gameplay terms. While some new stuff was added, it was the same: two/three weapon limited load out, and get behind cover to regenerate health. I know GG changed the color palette, which most had no complaints about and the level design was a bit more open, but it was same old, same old. I'll give credit to Shadowfall for a least attempting something different with the story and characters, including featuring more grey areas, but it wasn't enough to keep the series going. I know the game is being vindicated by history with fans, but why they chose to do this now, and not have the opinion back then is up in the air and varies from person to person.

IMO, there's no need to reboot either (or at least hard reboot, you could easily have soft reboots after their respective final entries).
You would think, but Sony would more than likely have either studio do some kind of reboot, if the former wanted.

Honestly, I doubt we'll get either, and while that isn't the worst thing in the world, I'd say there's plenty more you could do with both settings.
Yeah, but once again, either of the third entries work fine as a finale. More so the R3, but it's pretty clear that game series was just done.

I am more or less done with this conversation. Whatever opinions or feelings you have; more power to you.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Today was the craziness of Event Registration opening for GenCon 2023. I submitted my wishlist at noon on the nose and was 7,000+ in line. I ended up getting in all the tournaments (Terraforming Mars, Railways of the World, and Power Grid) that I wanted to get into just barely getting into the Terraforming Mars tourney. However, all the RPGs I wishlisted were already full by the time my list was processed.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Ubisoft Head Exec: Hmm, our first iteration of a NFT project failed. What can we do to make profit while pleasing our consumers and playerbase?

Ubisoft Exec: I know! Start another one! With figurines of beloved characters!

Ubisoft Head Exec: Brilliant! You are getting a huge bonus in NFTs!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Ubisoft Head Exec: Hmm, our first iteration of a NFT project failed. What can we do to make profit while pleasing our consumers and playerbase?

Ubisoft Exec: I know! Start another one! With figurines of beloved characters!

Ubisoft Head Exec: Brilliant! You are getting a huge bonus in NFTs!
Whatever makes Ubisoft lose more money is fine in my books!

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Hale Vaccine. That still leaves with 10% of humanity left and the ecological damage. Still a grand finale, even if it leaves you unsatisfied.
So, this is more directed to the article in question, but this seems like spurious reasoning for the following reasons:

-The claim of "there's not enough scientists left to give info on the origins of the Chimera" isn't a strong one. From a purely in-universe standpoint, sure, there's a chain of logic to that, but from a storytelling perspective, info can be given to the audience through any number of methods, especially in a setting where telepathy is well established (e.g. Daedalus psychically contacts Hale, IIRE). There's countless examples in speculative fiction where information is provided through various means, and it's not always delivered to scientists (if anything, that seems to be the exception in fiction, especially in action games). Now of course, there's a case to be made that giving too much info on the Chimera could ruin their mystique (and I can certainly name examples, however subjective, where too much info on something DOES spoil the mystique), but then that isn't the claim the article is making.

-The attrition argument...sure, okay, but that also seems spurious. From an in-universe perspective, let's say that the Chimera can be wound down by attrition. The same also holds true for humanity, which by Resistance 3, have had their population reduced by 90%. The Chimera have the benefit of advanced technology, and having converted a significant portion of that original 90%, I'd wager they'd have the advantage of numbers as well.

-More importantly, from a storytelling standpoint, I don't recall anything in Resistance 3 to indicate that this is the case. The first thing we see in the game is Capelli and his community hiding (and then being forced to fight) a Chimeran death squad, and through the entire game, everything reinforces just how dire the situation is for humanity, to the point where Capelli has to deal with human enemies as well as Chimera. If the Chimera are indeed being ground down by attrition in Resistance 3, there's nothing in the actual game that indicates this is the case. Heck, if they WERE being ground down by attrition, then Capelli and Malikov's mission to New York is arguably a waste of time, or at least, a plan that might prompt them to wait awhile.

-Also, the issue of Chimeran losses...well, sure, the Chimera probably did take huge losses over the Chimeran War, but they still, y'know, won. In the real WWII, the Red Army took horrific losses as well, they still won in the end for instance. But that aside, what does the Resistance universe actually convey on the subject? From what I recall, Europe's overrun in a matter of months, and the Chimera are only defeated in the UK after most of the country's population has been killed or converted. After that, the Chimera are able to adapt to warmer temperatures, allowing them to sweep across Africa and Asia, and in Resistance 2, the United States loses, and loses terribly. No matter what losses the Chimera might be taking, everything that I've ever seen/read in the Resistance IP conveys the idea that the Chimera are basically unstoppable, and that like many 'horde type' enemies, losses are irrelevant when they outnumber their enemies to the extent that they do (and have superior tech to boot).

They either don't care now (Sony definitely doesn't give a shit about KZ & R and might as well not exist for them) or have different priorities now. Resistance 4 would be pointless, and they would more or less have to reboot. They're more focused on Spiderman, Ratchet & Clank, and the upcoming Wolverine.
I doubt you'd have to reboot Resistance. You could set Resistance 4 in the aftermath of the Chimeran War, dealing with taking back the planet (or part of it), unlock further mysteries while doing so, etc. In essence, actually play what Resistance 3 covered in its credits. Heck, part of the reason the pitch for Resistance 4 was turned down was because of its post-apocalyptic nature, and the fear of overlap with stuff like 'The Last of Us' and 'Days Gone.'

I meant by gameplay terms. While some new stuff was added, it was the same: two/three weapon limited load out, and get behind cover to regenerate health. I know GG changed the color palette, which most had no complaints about and the level design was a bit more open, but it was same old, same old. I'll give credit to Shadowfall for a least attempting something different with the story and characters, including featuring more grey areas, but it wasn't enough to keep the series going. I know the game is being vindicated by history with fans, but why they chose to do this now, and not have the opinion back then is up in the air and varies from person to person.
The original Killzone already had a 3 weapon limit, but yes, KZ2 did introduce regenerating health (I think?) and a cover system.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So, this is more directed to the article in question, but this seems like spurious reasoning for the following reasons:

-The claim of "there's not enough scientists left to give info on the origins of the Chimera" isn't a strong one. From a purely in-universe standpoint, sure, there's a chain of logic to that, but from a storytelling perspective, info can be given to the audience through any number of methods, especially in a setting where telepathy is well established (e.g. Daedalus psychically contacts Hale, IIRE). There's countless examples in speculative fiction where information is provided through various means, and it's not always delivered to scientists (if anything, that seems to be the exception in fiction, especially in action games). Now of course, there's a case to be made that giving too much info on the Chimera could ruin their mystique (and I can certainly name examples, however subjective, where too much info on something DOES spoil the mystique), but then that isn't the claim the article is making.

-The attrition argument...sure, okay, but that also seems spurious. From an in-universe perspective, let's say that the Chimera can be wound down by attrition. The same also holds true for humanity, which by Resistance 3, have had their population reduced by 90%. The Chimera have the benefit of advanced technology, and having converted a significant portion of that original 90%, I'd wager they'd have the advantage of numbers as well.

-More importantly, from a storytelling standpoint, I don't recall anything in Resistance 3 to indicate that this is the case. The first thing we see in the game is Capelli and his community hiding (and then being forced to fight) a Chimeran death squad, and through the entire game, everything reinforces just how dire the situation is for humanity, to the point where Capelli has to deal with human enemies as well as Chimera. If the Chimera are indeed being ground down by attrition in Resistance 3, there's nothing in the actual game that indicates this is the case. Heck, if they WERE being ground down by attrition, then Capelli and Malikov's mission to New York is arguably a waste of time, or at least, a plan that might prompt them to wait awhile.

-Also, the issue of Chimeran losses...well, sure, the Chimera probably did take huge losses over the Chimeran War, but they still, y'know, won. In the real WWII, the Red Army took horrific losses as well, they still won in the end for instance. But that aside, what does the Resistance universe actually convey on the subject? From what I recall, Europe's overrun in a matter of months, and the Chimera are only defeated in the UK after most of the country's population has been killed or converted. After that, the Chimera are able to adapt to warmer temperatures, allowing them to sweep across Africa and Asia, and in Resistance 2, the United States loses, and loses terribly. No matter what losses the Chimera might be taking, everything that I've ever seen/read in the Resistance IP conveys the idea that the Chimera are basically unstoppable, and that like many 'horde type' enemies, losses are irrelevant when they outnumber their enemies to the extent that they do (and have superior tech to boot).

I doubt you'd have to reboot Resistance. You could set Resistance 4 in the aftermath of the Chimeran War, dealing with taking back the planet (or part of it), unlock further mysteries while doing so, etc. In essence, actually play what Resistance 3 covered in its credits. Heck, part of the reason the pitch for Resistance 4 was turned down was because of its post-apocalyptic nature, and the fear of overlap with stuff like 'The Last of Us' and 'Days Gone.'

The original Killzone already had a 3 weapon limit, but yes, KZ2 did introduce regenerating health (I think?) and a cover system.
It's not much of a win for the Chimera when they're all pretty much dying out or about to be dead. Humanity barely edges out. End of story. As for the overlap on apocalyptic scenarios, that was still a problem even before the pitch idea. There are already an overabundance of zombie, mutant, alien post-apocalyptic whatever. It sure as hell didn't stop Sony for publishing Days Gone even after the trend got played out. I's been over 10 years since the third Resistance game. If they wanted to a sequel, reboot, hard or soft, it would happen by now regardless. How you and I feel are just a difference of opinion. There's no point dwelling on it, cuz they're never going to get to it. We know this and we're just going around in circles. KZ2 does have regenerating health. And while he limited weapon loadout is true, that doesn't make it any less tiring or boring. Especially when it's done for the fourth time in the trend was already wearing thin for many people and others like myself. Like I said I'm done here. No point of pondering or arguing about it. They're not making any more, and neither series are likely to come back.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Rumors abound.

I saw something about Bloodborne PC datamined, but those rumors always pop up when Playstation pop's it's head in.

I wanna mock Microsoft for still not having a presentation or games, but Phil confirmed throwing in the towel so I guess it's not fair to laugh at them anymore.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Rumors abound.

I saw something about Bloodborne PC datamined, but those rumors always pop up when Playstation pop's it's head in.

I wanna mock Microsoft for still not having a presentation or games, but Phil confirmed throwing in the towel so I guess it's not fair to laugh at them anymore.
All that boasting about the power of their console, and they cry about being a third place? That is still so pathetic. Just try Microsoft! Just try! You are all drug addicts addicted to only three IPs. The fact that both Sony and Nintendo can get out of third place fine out of their respective console generations, so that Microsoft really has no backbone. Nintendo has gotten third place two times for Christ's sake! Yet they didn't consider their consoles a failure. Now, there is the debate about it over the Wii U between the gaming public, but Nintendo learn from their mistakes either way. Not all of them, but the major oned that were causing them issues.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Here's another reason why PC gaming sucks; New and expensive parts don't always mean better. At least with consoles, all the specifications are consistent and performance expectation is set. Trying to upgrade PC parts feels like a gamble. Everything can affect performance; where the game is stored (SSD vs HDD), how much power is the cpu vs gpu is using, is the cooler air vs liquid, what versions are the drivers, etc. Switching these parts or building a pc from scratch can be really hard, while consoles all you have to do is plug it in, sign into XBL/PSN account, and let the console do the update.

And let's not forget how pre-built PC companies are fucking over consumers by mismatching the parts and overcharging for "services". And if you have problems, they usually point to the manufacturers of those parts. Consoles at least can directly contact their respective companies and they would give straight answers without pointing at other directions (right?).

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Here's another reason why PC gaming sucks; New and expensive parts don't always mean better. At least with consoles, all the specifications are consistent and performance expectation is set. Trying to upgrade PC parts feels like a gamble. Everything can affect performance; where the game is stored (SSD vs HDD), how much power is the cpu vs gpu is using, is the cooler air vs liquid, what versions are the drivers, etc. Switching these parts or building a pc from scratch can be really hard, while consoles all you have to do is plug it in, sign into XBL/PSN account, and let the console do the update.

And let's not forget how pre-built PC companies are fucking over consumers by mismatching the parts and overcharging for "services". And if you have problems, they usually point to the manufacturers of those parts. Consoles at least can directly contact their respective companies and they would give straight answers without pointing at other directions (right?).
Between the performance issues with the last few big profile game releases as well as the pretty consistent performance of the consoles with full HD capabilities, the need for a boss babe PC has basically got to shit. Now it seems what was once "gaming rigs" are now AI Art generators and video editing devices above all else. Because the gaming part is not any noticably better imo. And this is coming from someone who just got a RTX4080 16GB rig.

Not saying the games aren't fine on the system, but the art I'm making has already made good use of the power for me.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Duh, of course there are pc builds of Bloodborne. How do you think From developed the game? It also means nothing, because that dev builds on pc thing also applies to probably literally every console game made in the last decade, and in no way means those builds are suitable for commercial release.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Duh, of course there are pc builds of Bloodborne. How do you think From developed the game? It also means nothing, because that dev builds on pc thing also applies to probably literally every console game made in the last decade, and in no way means those builds are suitable for commercial release.
At this point, it's nearly at the same level of Half-life 3 myth