General Gaming News.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So Ratchet & Clank is coming to pc

Would say its neat, but considering the rather checkered history of Sony ports, caution advised. Then again, Nixxes usually deliver decent work (see the Spider-Man ports)

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So Ratchet & Clank is coming to pc

Would say its neat, but considering the rather checkered history of Sony ports, caution advised. Then again, Nixxes usually deliver decent work (see the Spider-Man ports)
I hope it's good because Ripped-a-fart is actually a really fun game. It was my first game in the series and I liked it enough to get the platinum so, would recommend.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

As long as this game has plenty of lore and history lessons about who the Aztecs were (dialogs, item descriptions, etc), it's all good to me.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

As long as this game has plenty of lore and history lessons about who the Aztecs were (dialogs, item descriptions, etc), it's all good to me.
It's gonna be hard to do that period justice without pissing off someone because both side in this conflict were horrible. The spanish are well known obviously, but the aztec were a slave based economy that would routinely organize raid on neighboring people for slave and sacrifice, and a big reason Cortez was able to depose them is because there were plenty of native who were ready to get on board with literally anybody if it meant a chance at being free from the aztec. I feel like an accurate historical telling that aknowledge that would just piss off everyone.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
. I feel like an accurate historical telling that aknowledge that would just piss off everyone.
All those people need to get over themselves and accept the truth then. If not, then they can take their attention elsewhere and not even bother playing the game, if it decides to go in that direction.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

A SH game in the style of Until Dawn. That's an interesting combination, because these types of games always seems to require a careful balancing between the interactive gameplay and branching narrative. While some are successful (until dawn and arguably Detroit Become Human), some end of being not that great (Dark Pictures Anthology)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A SH game in the style of Until Dawn. That's an interesting combination, because these types of games always seems to require a careful balancing between the interactive gameplay and branching narrative. While some are successful (until dawn and arguably Detroit Become Human), some end of being not that great (Dark Pictures Anthology)
These styles of games are never worth the full $60-70. Not even the good ones. I don't trust it, because of Konami, and them outsourcing again. I do wish the whoever is doing this the best of luck, but I have no expectations for this.

While some are successful (until dawn and arguably Detroit Become Human), some end of being not that great (Dark Pictures Anthology)
I still say Until Dawn is the only good one, and the best of them all. Funny enough, my older brother can't get enough of this genre. He likes the entire Dark Pictures Anthology. All of them. None of them are bad, as far as he is concern.

Word is great; Street Fighter 6 is here!

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

How about for starters they focus on predatory practices in the industry that exploit weakness in human behavior and by extension competitive “F2P” online stuff like Fortnite, vs just lumping all videogame types themselves into a “red flag” category. It’s already been proven several times that games themselves have several benefits to mental health when they aren’t riddled with monetizing bs.

Also it should be a given at this point that the above is not a suitable solution for child care.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Now we just need to wait for it, or forget out it until it's actually released
Nothing is more reassuring that being told on page 11 of a quarterly report, from a company that just had its major project derailed, that development is on going. I have full faith that this will see the light of day and not be quietly cancelled.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So this seems like a shoe-in for sleeper hit of the year, if not generation. Literally feels like we’ve been gaslighted into thinking this was another doomed project, and then BAM!! here it is and apparently passing with flying colors.
It's currently top seller on GOG. Which probably doesn't mean all that in the grand scheme of things, since GOG is a niche store. Also, half GOGs top ten sellers is other ImSims. Perhaps the surprise System Shock drop sparked some renewed interest in the genre. Tho I guess the deep discounts probably help. Deus Ex for a buck is an absolute steal for one of the GOATs.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
It's currently top seller on GOG. Which probably doesn't mean all that in the grand scheme of things, since GOG is a niche store. Also, half GOGs top ten sellers is other ImSims. Perhaps the surprise System Shock drop sparked some renewed interest in the genre. Tho I guess the deep discounts probably help. Deus Ex for a buck is an absolute steal for one of the GOATs.
It's in the top seller list on steam too, but I don't understand how the list works since there's also the steam deck right above it and a couple of F2P game below it

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
It's in the top seller list on steam too, but I don't understand how the list works since there's also the steam deck right above it and a couple of F2P game below it

I guess Steam Sales charts aren't just unit sales, but total revenue, so including stuff like passes and mtx and such. Which would explain why those f2ps are up there. As for Steam Deck, it's a popular system and each one sold is equivalent to at least half a dozen full price AAA games. That adds up quick.

Reactions: meiam and BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Double Dragon Gaiden comes out July 27th, 2023. That's fast. They've must have been developing this at least since 2021.

Last edited: