General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, I guess this is really happening. For Sony and all its fanboys who's salty over this, would you guys really be upset over bunch of crappy titles not coming over when you guys have quality first-party titles?
hooray for media consolidation and megacorps, then?
I couldn't give a crap what the Sony Fanboys want or don't want. My main issue is that Microsoft is once again forming a monopoly. I know there was some back door crap where Sony is partially at fault, and they pushed Microsoft "into a corner", but both companies can get royally fucked. Microsoft solution to everything is just a buy everything so they don't have to be creative. What I have noticed that whenever they do buy something, they sit on a majority of the IPs and do nothing with them, become dumb shovelware, or some bad multiplayer grind fest.. We've seen this Rare. We've seen this with Ninja Theory on that one multiplayer brawler nobody played. They still haven't revealed any gameplay yet for Hellblade II. Nor much story bits. Just these dumb featurettes and behind the scenes stuff most people don't care about.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I think MS is trying to just buy the competition as a way of skipping having to out-compete sony and nintendo, I don't see it working, but it does spell doom to the folks they do end up buying. Thank god Larian refused their offer.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I think MS is trying to just buy the competition as a way of skipping having to out-compete sony and nintendo, I don't see it working, but it does spell doom to the folks they do end up buying. Thank god Larian refused their offer.
I might be nervous if they were actually buying up anyone good. So far they have managed to aquire a dumpster fire and a porta potty.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I might be nervous if they were actually buying up anyone good. So far they have managed to aquire a dumpster fire and a porta potty.
They bought Rare, and burned the actual talent. Most seasoned members left to work for Retro Studios, or formed their own company and made the Yooka-Laylee games.

They bought Ninja Theory, and NT shat out a forgettable multiplayer brawler, and Hellblade II is still a no show with any actual playable demos.

They bought TangoGames, who is an in-house developer under Bethesda, and TG brought the greatness that is Hi-Fi Rush. That is the Series X's only great and worthwhile exclusive.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Movement Break Changes
  • Light brake/land no longer limits player’s movement.
  • Heavy brake/land duration are shortened.
Invulnerability Changes
  • Player characters are invulnerable when performing throw and slam.
  • Player characters are invulnerable when knocked, unless they bounce off the wall.
  • All grapple special moves are invulnerable if the player grabs the target successfully.
  • Jimmy’s SP3 is invulnerable for a few frames on startup.
  • Uncle Matin’s SP3 is invulnerable for a few frames on startup.
  • Chin Tai Mei’s SP3 is invulnerable for a few frames on startup.
  • Linda’s SP1 is invulnerable for a few frames on startup.
  • Duke’s SP3 is invulnerable for a few frames on startup.
Command Run Changes
  • Billy, Jimmy, Chin Tai Mei and Linda will perform a dodge roll when initiate running
  • When performing a dodge roll, they are invulnerable and can pick up items and weapons except dynamite.
  • Uncle Matin, Burnov and Willy pushes the target when initiate running
  • Duke teleport and becomes invulnerable when initiate running
  • Abobo have armor property when running
  • Anubis will disappear and becomes invulnerable after running for a while
Miscellaneous Gameplay Changes
  • Projectile and thrown weapons Z-Axis hitbox size has been reduced.
  • Frequency of enemies attacking from out of screen has been reduced.
  • Certain special moves for some characters have had minor buffs.
  • Breakable object can also be broken with 2 stunlock hits.
  • Since players were buffed with more invulnerability, the overall difficulty has increased (especially in earlier missions).
  • HP recovered from hotdog has been reduced to 15.
  • HP recovery from burger has been reduced to 40.
Miscellaneous Quality of Life Changes
  • Mission Select’s gang evolution cutscene can now be skipped.
  • Gameplay tips have been added to Now Loading scenes.
  • Through the option menu, players can choose to make defeated enemies disappear over time.
  • Through the option menu, players can enable/disable screenshake.
  • Through the option menu, players can enable/disable double tap forward to run.
  • Through the option menu, players can enable/disable controller vibration.
  • Through the option menu, players can enable/disable each HUD and floating HUD element.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I think the big make it or break it moment was bethesda, and they seem to be mired in the same swamp of mediocrity they'd been in for the last decade or so, and that's the ceiling of their acquisitions.

The big miscalculation in their plan is that you have to actually be someone folks want to work for by outcompeting the other options, for them to want to be bought up by you, money by itself isn't enough, and for those for whom it is all they care for, nothing will be lost by them being bought over anyways.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011

Unity has backtracked on much of their original policies; It's 90% less shitty now, but shitty regardless.
Taken from the article: “We want to continue to build the best engine for creators. We truly love this industry and you are the reason why. Thank you for caring as deeply as you do, and thank you for giving us hard feedback,” concluded Whitten in the letter.

Yeah I'd actually believe that if you twat waffles didn't start this whole mess in the first place. It's just BS with a PR coat of paint

Reactions: BrawlMan

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Sorry if I've been ninja'd: Free on GoG is The Night of the Rabbit. GoG's 15th Anniversary.

Reactions: Bedinsis

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Fuck you, Phil.

Don't care.

Interesting.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I knew it would happened someday, but I was not expecting this year. At least Kamiya is leaving on good terms. Which isn't really surprising.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Good (written) recap of new stuff in FF7R2. Game seems to be bloating with feature, but I guess since a lot of asset are re used from R1 they might be able to pull it off. I just hope they replaced the encounter designer from R1, random grunt fight were stupidly easy and bosses were littered with pointless cutscene, making it really hard to enjoy a pretty good combat system.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Good (written) recap of new stuff in FF7R2. Game seems to be bloating with feature, but I guess since a lot of asset are re used from R1 they might be able to pull it off. I just hope they replaced the encounter designer from R1, random grunt fight were stupidly easy and bosses were littered with pointless cutscene, making it really hard to enjoy a pretty good combat system.

*visibly shakes*

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017