General Gaming News.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

Hnnm Lilith and Tannis is bit too old to my taste, Tiny doesn't feel insane enough, but Jack Black as Claptrap is perfect and I think they got the atmosphere down.
Very exciting and interesting. The media powers that be are starting to discover video games as a source of story telling. We've finally had some fun ones and now? we may be due for more.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

oh hey something Randy's interested in that's old enough to legally consent for once 🙄
Because what we needed was another "cinematic universe". It's like someone once said "a Pop-Tart would really hit the spot right now" and then got run over by seventeen trucks full of Pop-Tarts.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Translation: We're already making bangers season after season in Siege. Why tf would we put effort into making a new game?
Ironic, because Siege started off as shit, and didn't get good until halfway into the game's second year.
'I'm not going to name names, but you see games go through sequels and just completely drop the ball'
A lot of your titles did that, because you keep throwing them on the assembly line.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
An article I encountered today that I found interesting about franchises that has not seen a release in at least ten years, despite being considered significant to some degree:

Det var orimligt länge sedan sist (msn.com)

Since it's In Swedish, I'll just copy-and-paste the list:
  • Bioshock
  • Castlevania
  • Crysis
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Duke Nukem
  • Infamous
  • Metroid Prime
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Rayman
  • Splinter Cell
I do consider it cheating to include Metroid Prime since I consider that to be part of the Metroid series where Dread was released 2½ years ago.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
  • Bioshock
  • Castlevania
  • Crysis
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Duke Nukem
  • Infamous
  • Metroid Prime
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Rayman
  • Splinter Cell
Kevin Levine is now what we're there for BioShock and has his own little spiritual successor. No Castlevania because of Konami. There's so many castlevania-style games out there that it really doesn't matter anymore now. Crytek announce the teaser for a new game last year, but nothing yet so far. It has been a decade now since the new Donkey Kong Country. Since retro studios was working on the more recent Metroid game, I can see why. Duke Nukem is never coming back unfortunately. The best you're going to get a spiritual success series or alternative company equivalents. Infamous has not seen a new franchise because there's really nothing left other than rebooting it or doing a re-release. Not to mention Sony still has her heads up their own ass and just want cinematic gaming only. Ninja Gaiden hasn't had a new title because of the third game in that crappie zombie spin off. Katie talked about bringing it back, but I actually want to see something first and not just rely on speculation and then wanting to do it. I want to see actual results. Rayman hasn't had a title in a decade, because Ubisoft are too scared they're not going to milk enough money out of it, and all they want is constant live service barring a few exceptions. The same applies to Splinter Cell.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Please don't fall to the typical open-world formula :(
Terminator Resistance is open world and that turned out okay. Granted, that game played more like the Metro games. If it's from the same people who did Resistance and Robocop, then I see no issue.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
There was a big pokemon live stream event this morning, featuring some upcoming stuff from the official pokemon company. It should've been called "Pokemon Mobile Presents"

Content update for Pokemon Unite, the mobile MOBA game

A new game in the mainline?

Some new stuff for Pokemon Go

Update for Pokemon EX

Pokemon TCG on mobile

Pokemon Sleep stuff

A Pokemon dessert-themed puzzle game?

Seriously. There was only ONE non-mobile related annoucement, and they didn't even show enough details. I appreciate Palworld more now for simply existing

Reactions: meiam and BrawlMan