Country
United States of America
Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I used my lauched ps4 all the way up till the ps5 came out. I never felt the need for a Pro system nor did my base ps4 ever struggle to play anything. So i really dont understand the point of these things.
Well the PS4 Pro could hit higher frame rates, it introduced what we now know as performance mode on consoles. But seeing as the PS5 has performance mode (60fps) by default, I don't know what the PS5 Pro could add. 120fps? But then some games on the default PS5 already provide that option as well.

Maybe it'll give the Playstation on optical port again. If it does I'd buy it just for that. Unlikely, but a guy can dream.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Money.

My PS4 Slim still works, but I had to get it cleaned out once back in Spring of 2022. I have not used it since getting my PS5 in 2025, but I cleaned it daily and made sure to wrap it on plastic and bubble wrap when not in use.
That’s pretty incredible. I’m still stuck in 2024, and that’s only physically.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
...maybe Marvel comic games aren't doomed after all
They never were to begin with. There's going to be a dork age or bad products at some point, but there' still plenty of good out there. Never fall into despair over some mediocre or bad shit. Some other good news, there is a new line of Ultimate X-Men comics coming out taking place in its own universe, takes a more supernatural approach, and Hasako (Armor) is lead character. No over reliance of Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, etc. and is getting positive feedback. I am interested in this new title and the new X-Men comics.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I have a feeling it's gonna be a massive letdown; Maybe on CP2077 level of letdown
I think a lot more people really thought CP2077 was gonna be something amazing at launch. SC, OTOH, seems to have been written off by a vast majority of people except the people who kept tossing money at it for some reason.

I think at this point SC is kinda like Skull and Bones(which everyone apparently has already stopped talking about) where most people only talk about it because of how long it's taking to actually go anywhere, though arguably not many people cared about Skull and Bones when it realized, whereas SC has a fanbase of sorts.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

"Greed has been fucking this whole thing up for so long, since I started," Vincke said, while collecting the GDCA Best Narrative award for Baldur's Gate 3. "I've been fighting publishers my entire life and I keep on seeing the same, same, same mistakes over, and over and over.

"It's always the quarterly profits," he continued, "the only thing that matters are the numbers, and then you fire everybody and then next year you say 'shit I'm out of developers' and then you start hiring people again, and then you do acquisitions, and then you put them in the same loop again, and it's just broken...

"You don't have to," Vincke went on. "You can make reserves. Just slow down a bit. Slow down on the greed. Be resilient, take care of the people, don't lose the institutional knowledge that's been built up in the people you lose every single time, so you have to go through the same cycle over and over and over. It really pisses me off."
Somebody said what was needed to be said!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Somebody said what was needed to be said!
Most of them still wouldn’t get it, even if they were forced to read it and hear it first thing when they wake up, again at lunch, and again before they went to bed every night. They just don’t know any better because their business schools programmed them that way and they have blinders on to any other mindset. Even if they did take him up on the advice the whole hive mentality would need to change, and when was the last time that happened.

They will likely just grind their companies into dust before saying, “Well, I guess things will need to be gone about differently now.” Only because at that point their old way will finally be forced into obsolescence.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
If this was an actual revelation to anyone, then I want to know if they have any room under that rock. I'd like to visit.
Oh no, it's no revelation for anyone interacted with gaming for more than an year, professional or as an entertainment. But it's one of those uncomfortable truth that no one really wants to admit. But then we have people like Swen who isn't afraid.

Maybe this comes from how well BG3 did/is doing, but even if it had failed he still would've been vocal about it