General Gaming News.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012

Earthblade (metroidvania from the Celeste people) pushed beyond 2024. Sucks but grateful they're at least straightforward about it instead of acting all coy or silent for the rest of the year like the Silksong people (after announcing a vague delay in May 2023 - and that's no further news for 11 months now).

EDIT: On that note, Silksong suddenly shows up in the Xbox store page. Could be a placeholder entry for all it's worth - PS has had one for years. But the fandom has decided this is the one inane update that for sure hails an imminent release.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
A seriously deep cut, and also somehow not an April's Fools joke

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

You know, I do think Blizzard at the very least do their animated cinematics well. So if it's an animated movie, I think they can pull it off

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

You know, I do think Blizzard at the very least do their animated cinematics well. So if it's an animated movie, I think they can pull it off
I'd been saying since the announcement of the Warcraft movie that just doing a feature-length CGI cinematic would get aliens from other planets to come see it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Hellblade 2 is digital only and locked at 30 fps. What's the point of even getting a Series X now? WTH you've been doing Ninja Theory?

Yeah, 30 fps is definitely a red flag in this generation. Especially considering console specs seems to match that of an decent gaming PC.

This better be one impressive-looking game for it to be locked at 30 fps.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

TL;DR
BF 2042 will no longer have major content updates after season 7 (not even 3 years after the initial release, btw).

Motive Studio (Dead Space Remake and SW: Squadron) will join DICE for the next BF game, amd will take care of the singleplayer side.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

TL;DR
BF 2042 will no longer have major content updates after season 7 (not even 3 years after the initial release, btw).

Motive Studio (Dead Space Remake and SW: Squadron) will join DICE for the next BF game, amd will take care of the singleplayer side.
Ah, EA creating its own version of the CoD mines then.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

TL;DR

EA, you put them Dead Space 2 Remake right now! No one cares about 2042 anymore!

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
EA, you put them Dead Space 2 Remake right now! No one cares about 2042 anymore!
Also, I'm curious on the resource allocation for Motive; Aren't they also working on the Iron Man game? Really hoping EA isn't slaving them to stretch out too thin

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Also, I'm curious on the resource allocation for Motive; Aren't they also working on the Iron Man game? Really hoping EA isn't slaving them to stretch out too thin
Shit, I forgot about that. EA forget about BF, and focus on either Iron-Man or Dead Space 2 Remake. What are they even trying to save at this point?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So apparently nintendo killed the online for the 3ds and the wii U, but if you change your dsn to something called pretendo you can still play online on the wii u.

I just think it's wild that the vita is still being supported by sony (I checked, I downloaded Demon Blade Muramasa just to make sure) but the 3ds got offed unceremoniously like that. Rip english version of dragon quest 7 remake.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Constant online connection for a single player game? I smell Hex stores from Odyssey/Valhalla!

Also, $70 price tag. I don't really mind because there will be ways to buy it cheaper, but that online connection thing is really annoying.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Also, $70 price tag. I don't really mind because there will be ways to buy it cheaper, but that online connection thing is really annoying.
I wasn't planning on getting Outlaws, and it's not even worth it used. When developers learn to stop doing this? Being online for a single player game won't make your game sell better nor faster. Here I go playing something more interesting that doesn't require me to be online 24/7.