General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Gotta feel for Rocksteady, as being historically single player only they probably didn’t want to be roped into doing this kind game. Expect rocky times ahead, no pun.
Or some new hot-blooded a-hole lead really said “Rocksteady is on a danger of going stale, I’m taking it to strange new places”

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
A couple of others personally confirmed in the Discord that you can still play delisted games you've already bought.

It's not ENTIRELY without the realm of possibility that a delisted game also becomes impossible to download, like PT, but that seems to be the only example so far because 1) it was a freebie so nobody really owned the license in the first place and 2) Konami.
Steam offers the ability to back up game install files last I checked. Assuming the function was not removed due to fuckery, you should be able to create your own install discs (or disc image files) of delisted games for your own piece of mind.

EDIT:

Okay so the function does still work: its FAQ is here. So go to your Steam Library, find the game in question. Right click and select 'Properties'. Go to 'Installed Files' and select 'Backup Game Files'. It will ask you to specify a directory so do that, and it will compress them down. Transformers Devastation went from about 9GB on disk to about 6GB. It doesn't include saves, or config fiiles though.

Now normally I'd say go download some CD/DVD/BluRay burning software - BurnAware Free is one example - and use its ISO making feature to turn those files into a disc image. Sadly after some testing, this process does not allow you to make an installer disc as from the days of yore, the ISO merely packages the backup files into a single file. So you can probably achieve the same thing by just leaving them in the folder and whacking them on an external drive.

This thread on Steam includes instructions on how to install from the backup files.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Reactions: FakeSympathy

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, that "quadruple-A" game that totally deserves your $70, is now on sale on Steam for 40% off.

Is that a whiff of desperation I'm smelling? Or just the stench of another rotting live-service game?

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, that "quadruple-A" game that totally deserves your $70, is now on sale on Steam for 40% off.

Is that a whiff of desperation I'm smelling? Or just the stench of another rotting live-service game?
It has AA pricing now but don’t let that fool you.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
New studio from ex-id Software, Naughty Dog and Activision devs. And Mick Gordon.

Feels like a tough time to start a new studio tho.
While I always support these passionate devs leaving the crappy publishers to form their own studios, I also find all of them to go really quiet after the announcement. I mean I can understand that is the only big news at the moment, but my issue is they seem to remain silent few months or even years after the formation.

Even if they do release a game, I don't think it carries the same punch as their past work; I.E. The Finals by ex-battlefield devs, or Calisto Protocol