General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

FF16 on PC sept17th. Demo available now.
Well that certainly came out of nowhere! System specs for all my fellow pc owners (according to steam page):

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600 / Intel® Core™ i5-8400
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 / Intel® Arc™ A580 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 170 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: 30FPS at 720p expected. SSD required. VRAM 8GB or above.
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700X / Intel® Core™ i7-10700
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT / NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080
    • Additional Notes: 60FPS at 1080p expected. SSD required. VRAM 8GB or above.
Gonna run it on my machine to see how well it runs.

I also gotta appreciate we're seeing returns of demos and not just betas or early-accesses that requires payment first

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Huh, I don't think we had a survival game set in ruined city during monster attack, much less set in a Kong universe. Looks interesting

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Well that certainly came out of nowhere! System specs for all my fellow pc owners (according to steam page):

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600 / Intel® Core™ i5-8400
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 / Intel® Arc™ A580 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070
    • Additional Notes: 30FPS at 720p expected. SSD required. VRAM 8GB or above.
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700X / Intel® Core™ i7-10700
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT / NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080
    • Additional Notes: 60FPS at 1080p expected. SSD required. VRAM 8GB or above.
Gonna run it on my machine to see how well it runs.

I also gotta appreciate we're seeing returns of demos and not just betas or early-accesses that requires payment first
I don't see Square Enix getting lambasted about the game download being 170GB. Wonder why that is when people are always so up in arms about Call of Duty wasting all their hard drive space.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Following up on my earlier post, but Bloodborne running at +120fps.

Requires a beefy pc, and cutting down on a lot of lighting other stuff, butb there it is

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Following up on my earlier post, but Bloodborne running at +120fps.

Requires a beefy pc, and cutting down on a lot of lighting other stuff, butb there it is
Really have to wonder why Sony continues to have their head so far up their asses that random blood sweating home brewers are going to have a working PC port before they do. Watch them copyright strike it too. Imagine the revolt!

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Really have to wonder why Sony continues to have their head so far up their asses that random blood sweating home brewers are going to have a working PC port before they do. Watch them copyright strike it too. Imagine the revolt!
Either Sony has zero interest in Bloodborne now, or someone's running a shadow marketing bit- "well, we're not really sure there's interest in Bloodborne, but maybe if you buy our newest game that'll be a good indicator!"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
maybe if you buy our newest game that'll be a good indicator!"
I always hate that arbitrary bullshit. Either you're interested in making a new game, port, remaster, or not at all. Even Suda51 was guilty of this when talking about No More Heroes III. Travis Strikes Again needs to sell well, and maybe we can get a III.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Games confirmed for
@gamescom
Opening Night Live appearances today include:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 6
- Monster Hunter Wilds
- Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
- Little Nightmares III
- DRAGON BALL: Sparking! ZERO
- Batman: Arkham Shadow
- Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred
- Persona 3 Reload Episode Aigis
- Dune Awakening
- Marvel Rivals
- MechaBreak
- The First Berserker: Khazan
- Squid Game: Unleashed
- New Game from Tarsier Studios
- Black Myth: Wukong
- Sid Meier's CIVILIZATION VII
- The Beast is Coming
- Towerborne
- Kingdom Come Deliverance II
- Lost Records: Bloom & Rage
+ More
There will be many new game announcements, surprises and special guests. See you live at 11a PT / 2p ET / 8p CEST at http://bit.ly/24gconl
Fixed that for you.

Hm. Both Little Nightmares III and Tarsier Studios'(the developer behind Little Nightmares I & II) new title? I hope the reason Little Nightmares III was handed over to another studio was because they really wanted to work on something new and not that the higher ups took the title away from them.

Hang on, I was not aware that a new Arkham game was in the works.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Well I'd be lying if i said this doesn't excite me more than diablo 4 expansion

Can't wait to see how much of a scam this one turns out to be!

Also no news coverage on this yet, but the Indiana Jones gamesi coming on 12/9 for Xbox and PC, and on Feb 2025 for PS5.

And a new Mafia game, too!

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
So civ 7 reveal happen, the gap between 6 and 7 is the longest in the franchise history so fan have been a bit antsy about getting some news about it, so people waited with anticipation for it. And... well lets take a quick detour.

In 2021 a game called humankind came out. It was a historical 4x game, taking on the reigning champion that was civilization. It... did not go well, currently sitting at a "mixed" rating on steam, the game seems to have bombed pretty hard. There are many reasons for this, but the main one was that instead of picking a main civilization and playing with it the entire game you would instead hop between different civilizations every era. This destroyed all identity individual civilizations/"player/AI" had and had the very big problem that whoever reached a new age first had the pick of the litter for which civ they wanted for that era, letting them pick whichever was the best civ. 4x suffer a lot with problem of snowballing, doing a little bit better early let you do a lot better later on, and this civ hoping mechanic turbocharged that. It also had a litany of other small problems, but it can best be summed up as an interesting idea that was decidedly proved to not work.

Anyway, Civ 7 decided they were just copying that (and many other features) of humankind. No one understand why. Possibly its that that the dev are so disconnect from the wider 4x community that they either never played humankind to realize those ideas were bad, or never heard that humankind was doing badly.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
New Dark Pictures Anthology Game - Directive 8020

Reanimal

Terry in Street Fighter 6!

Mai is back in City of the Wolves

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
So civ 7 reveal happen, the gap between 6 and 7 is the longest in the franchise history so fan have been a bit antsy about getting some news about it, so people waited with anticipation for it. And... well lets take a quick detour.

In 2021 a game called humankind came out. It was a historical 4x game, taking on the reigning champion that was civilization. It... did not go well, currently sitting at a "mixed" rating on steam, the game seems to have bombed pretty hard. There are many reasons for this, but the main one was that instead of picking a main civilization and playing with it the entire game you would instead hop between different civilizations every era. This destroyed all identity individual civilizations/"player/AI" had and had the very big problem that whoever reached a new age first had the pick of the litter for which civ they wanted for that era, letting them pick whichever was the best civ. 4x suffer a lot with problem of snowballing, doing a little bit better early let you do a lot better later on, and this civ hoping mechanic turbocharged that. It also had a litany of other small problems, but it can best be summed up as an interesting idea that was decidedly proved to not work.

Anyway, Civ 7 decided they were just copying that (and many other features) of humankind. No one understand why. Possibly its that that the dev are so disconnect from the wider 4x community that they either never played humankind to realize those ideas were bad, or never heard that humankind was doing badly.
I watched the 26 min official video. And I do think the purist would definitely stick with more historically-accurate route, meanwhile some would definitely get creative with their choices. But I feel for each age advancement, you can only stay pure to one civlization. Not to mention, this will create balance issues, as it always happens with any multiplayer games that offer build variety.

One other thing I'm dying to know is who will be the composer? Hoping it's Chrtistopher Tin again