Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Honestly not a big fan of indie games. Back when I first started gaming "seriously" indie games were a pretty bad investment in terms of play hours. Was never a fan of platformers/2D games as well. But hey, once I'm more financially secure maybe my SO will finally convince me to play indie games with her.

As for AA, I actually don't even know what would be classified as AA. I guess the closest would be some Platinum Games games I've tried out (though never finished).
Platinum probably. FROM also. That's all I got off the top of my head

Reactions: Bob_McMillan

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
No, they're more so niche AAA, but I appreciate the effort though. I know it's kinda hard to tell, but after while you can notice what is AA or mid budget. Usually, though not always, smaller production or studio, sometimes jank, or a B-level quality in product. These are not always concrete examples, but after a while, you'll notice the ticks.
My fave genre in AA is "simulators that were originally designed for training/theory-based qualifications but, whatever, it's a game now'.

Looking at you, Forklift Simulator.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Now that's what we call some fine acknowledgment.

Sucks to be GameStop.

The truth hurts, doesn't Ubisoft?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
They ain't drowning me out, because I am not buying their slushy shit.
Agreed but our voices aren’t enough; hence why this bs can and will be gaining traction with dumbasses er excuse me, the masses.

*edit* just saw the next post with the 95% dislike, so maybe we might be getting somewhere with this protest.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Agreed but our voices aren’t enough; hence why this bs can and will be gaining traction with dumbasses er excuse me, the masses.
Considering that recent trailer with the Ubisoft nfts has a 95% dislike ratio, it looks like the majority of the masses aren't liking it either.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Considering that recent trailer with the Ubisoft nfts has a 95% dislike ratio, it looks like the majority of the masses aren't liking it either.
The thing I’m wondering about though is how many of that 95% are actually part of “the masses” that don’t typically follow or care about gaming news. Considering that similar reactions have happened for recent AAA trailers like CoD, or anything EA, yet they’re still very popular with huge sales numbers.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The thing I’m wondering about though is how many of that 95% are actually part of “the masses” that don’t typically follow or care about gaming news. Considering that similar reactions have happened for recent AAA trailers like CoD, or anything EA, yet they’re still very popular with huge sales numbers.
Not saying it represents everything, not foolproof, but it's a start at least send some type of message. Either way, I'll be avoiding their disasters entirely. If there are idiots that don't want to listen, they'll have no one to blame but themselves despite the warnings we give. They'll shout "Save us", and I'll whisper "You had your chance; it's too late."

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States

Sucks to be GameStop.

And some people think it’s good idea to kill the dislike button even though it helps us sent a message that crap like this isn’t a good idea.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

ICO(and other games like it) have the same kind of Minimalism that FROM games are in love with, though FROM games are positively chatty in comparison to Team ICO games. I think that's why I tend to adore both of them.

Also, #FuckUbisoft.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

Sucks to be GameStop.

I still remember when I went to Toys R Us as a kid and saw and played the Ico demo on the PS2 there. Even the young me could tell there was something special about it and I loved the "beautiful desolation" of the artstyle and world it had created. It was a very influential game for me and my tastes and I wish it could see a remake like Shadow of the Colossus but I know that the gameplay and story are even more niche than SotC is and so it's likely never going to happen.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I still remember when I went to Toys R Us as a kid and saw and played the Ico demo on the PS2 there. Even the young me could tell there was something special about it and I loved the "beautiful desolation" of the artstyle and world it had created. It was a very influential game for me and my tastes and I wish it could see a remake like Shadow of the Colossus but I know that the gameplay and story are even more niche than SotC is and so it's likely never going to happen.
It's a shame, really, since ICO is apparently stuck on the PS3(one of the hardest consoles to emulate) to boot.

And despite being a bit clunky at times it's a wonderfully atmospheric game.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It's a shame, really, since ICO is apparently stuck on the PS3(one of the hardest consoles to emulate) to boot.

And despite being a bit clunky at times it's a wonderfully atmospheric game.
ICO launched on the PS2 which is much easier to emulate...so.......

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

I can’t help but hope that whatever the next GTA is that it fails really badly. Between this and all of the other bs Take 2/Rockstar has pulled recently it’s sickening. GTA is quickly turning into a candidate for most hated IP, which is something with all the yearly CoD’s, EA sports games and Ass Creeds out there.

Reactions: BrawlMan