Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
This isn't news per se, but there doesn't seem to be a general Gaming Questions thread, so I was gonna ask if anyone had news:
Whatever happened to Scorn? It looked like such a great game, Lovecraftian Horror meets H.R. Giger aesthetics with guns in space. They dropped a trailer or two and I was right into it...and then nothing, and its been years. It was first announced in like 2015, and last I heard from Twitter the Devs in October 2020 said there would be news soon, and...nothing.
I was reading some fans think the whole this was a scam, which is par for the course when games take a long time. Just odds that its seems to have just disappeared for 5-6 years.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This isn't news per se, but there doesn't seem to be a general Gaming Questions thread, so I was gonna ask if anyone had news:
Whatever happened to Scorn? It looked like such a great game, Lovecraftian Horror meets H.R. Giger aesthetics with guns in space. They dropped a trailer or two and I was right into it...and then nothing, and its been years. It was first announced in like 2015, and last I heard from Twitter the Devs in October 2020 said there would be news soon, and...nothing.
I was reading some fans think the whole this was a scam, which is par for the course when games take a long time. Just odds that its seems to have just disappeared for 5-6 years.
Unless you've tried checking recently, I honestly don't have an answer. I forgot the game even existed.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Unless you've tried checking recently, I honestly don't have an answer. I forgot the game even existed.
Yeah its one of those games I forget exists for a few months and then see on my Steam wishlist and go "Oh yeah, hey whatever happened to that one?"
Okay so I checked the Scorn twitter, and fuck all. The last post was October 21, 2020, saying its coming to Xbox Series X in 2021 at some point.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah its one of those games I forget exists for a few months and then see on my Steam wishlist and go "Oh yeah, hey whatever happened to that one?"
Okay so I checked the Scorn twitter, and fuck all. The last post was October 21, 2020, saying its coming to Xbox Series X in 2021 at some point.
With covid and everything, who knows what happened. All I can suggest is that you be patient and wait. If you don't see anything within the next 4 to 5 months, then for all we know it could be canceled.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

I want to say "they deserved it for doing all those exclusivity deals!", but it's not like Epic forced the game devs to do that. And if the devs want to complain Epic for sales being so low, they should've known not everyone would use EGS.

Then again, I wonder why none of those 500m went into improving the EGS technical stuff and QOL improvements

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I want to say "they deserved it for doing all those exclusivity deals!", but it's not like Epic forced the devs to do that. And if the devs want to complain Epic for sales being so low, they should've known not everyone would use EGS.

Then again, I wonder why none of those 500m went into improving the EGS technical stuff and QOL improvements
They are idiots either way, both of them. Epic deserves that and so much worse. It was a matter of time. The ones who didn't listen are either too stupid, too greedy, or didn't want to notice until it started affecting them and their bottom line personally. Spending on hookers and blow instead of actually make their app run good.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
OH! Sweet! I actually missed this! Thanks!
Not sure about the car section and more explosive/generic action setting though...
One more thing; this article is from June of this year. Here's all the extra info you need.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Hopefully, they will do something actually useful with Duke. Considering the company used to be called THQ Nordic that bought them, they will think of something.
Gearbox still holds distribution rights to Duke and Randy will never let Duke get his chance to be misogynistic douche

My response:
View attachment 4201
Guess cancel culture is ineveitable

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gearbox still holds distribution rights to Duke and Randy will never let Duke get his chance to be misogynistic douche
And Randy is a bigger douche than Duke will ever be. Randy is a fucking liar and a schemer. The character can work in a modern age, just tone it down and don't praise him like some god. If Grayson Hunt can work (who is considered the modern version of Duke) and Lo Wang (who was a played out Asian stereotype even for the 90s) do fine in the modern age, it's not impossible for Duke either.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America