General Gaming News.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Wasn't KOTOR an Xbox exclusive back in the day?

But man I would fucking love to play the remake. It's insane that the last generation of consoles had some pretty awesome games, and yet maybe only one them was a Star Wars game.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Oh it looks like that Uncharted collection we were talking about is just a PS5 version of Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy. Oh well.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Wasn't KOTOR an Xbox exclusive back in the day?

But man I would fucking love to play the remake. It's insane that the last generation of consoles had some pretty awesome games, and yet maybe only one them was a Star Wars game.
XBOX and PC.

I suspect the new one will start out as a timed PS5 exclusive and then get multi-platformed.

Edit: OK, so unless Lucasfilm is flat out lying on their Twitter(and it's Twitter, so it's a 50/50 chance), it's coming to PC as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Isekai: The Game!

The game play in this looks wicked sick! Forspoken looks like it plays like a cross between Infamous and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Albeit, with an action-rpg format. I am invested.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

The game play in this looks wicked sick! Forspoken looks like it plays like a cross between Infamous and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Albeit, with an action-rpg format. I am invested.

Hummm isn't that essentially just FF16 gameplay? Anyway looks fun, wonder if it's open world.

Not sure I like the idea of playing as an isekai protagonist, considering the most prominent trait amongst them is being boring.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hummm isn't that essentially just FF16 gameplay? Anyway looks fun, wonder if it's open world.

Not sure I like the idea of playing as an isekai protagonist, considering the most prominent trait amongst them is being boring.
Yeah, I noticed elements of Final Fantasy 16. The shooting just reminds me of how it goes over to shoulder and magic shoots out of her hand. Just like Infamous. Plus, the melee combat definitely reminds me elements of Avatar The Last Airbender.

isekai protagonist(s) do have a problem being usually boring. I can't speak for this character, but she is at least seems somewhat interesting than most of those type of protagonists. I wouldn't hold my breath. At worse, she'll probably just come off as generic.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

I'm a little iffy on the dialoge, and somehow the faces seem about 60% scanned in 40% traditional Square face, which has a bit of a weird effect. But gameplay wise this looks pretty exciting. The traversal alone has me sold.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Wolverine was a pleasant surprise. And yeah, while I don't want to sound too bloodthirsty, Wolverine kinda needs that edge considering his entire schtick is brutal slicey dicies and healing from insanely lethal flesh damage. It would seem a huge waste not to go full Logan. Hopefully they can get Hugh Jackman in for voice work, or at least someone unique enough to stand on their own purring cadence box. Just please just no more Nolan North or Troy Baker please? They've become so overused to cross over from merely bland to actual audio static. Unless they put on a funny accent. Except Nolan's suspiciously omnipresesnt cockney attempt, that one is teeth clenchingly annoying.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Wolverine game better be rated M. If not, it will suck.
Given the tone of the trailer, the game will most likely be m-rated. It probably won't be as gory as the last Wolverine game, but I don't have a problem with it, if that's the case. Worst case scenario, they go with a hard teen rating that borders on mature rating.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Oh boy here we go -

I really don’t care either way because I never cared for Star Wars even as a kid.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh boy here we go -

I really don’t care either way because I never cared for Star Wars even as a kid.
Ignore the fool. It's just another person trying to stir up anger for the sake of this idiotic audience. They ain't winning crap. Posts like this aren't even worth the news.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Am I the only one who hates the Star Lord design? I mean I only came to know GOTG via MCU, so I don't know what he is originally like in comics, but my god. Why make him look and act like one of those assholes in their 20s that you'd find at Starbucks, busy ranting about all the SJW crap on twitter?

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Am I the only one who hates the Star Lord design? I mean I only came to know GOTG via MCU, so I don't know what he is originally like in comics, but my god. Why make him look and lack like one of those assholes in their 20s that you'd find at Starbucks, busy ranting about all the SJW crap?
Everytime this game pops up I keep thinking it looks really stupid. But at the same time, the story clips all seem like it will be a lighthearted fun story. So maybe an enjoyable story with mundane gameplay?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Everytime this game pops up I keep thinking it looks really stupid. But at the same time, the story clips all seem like it will be a lighthearted fun story. So maybe an enjoyable story with mundane gameplay?
I want to enjoy it, but I don't trust what's going on right now. Not after the disaster that was Avengers. I'll have to look at actual gameplay and reviews first. Actual reviews I trust though. Until then, it's other Marvel and Spider-Man games.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I want to enjoy it, but I don't trust what's going on right now. Not after the disaster that was Avengers. I'll have to look at actual gameplay and reviews first. Actual reviews I trust though. Until then, it's other Marvel and Spider-Man games.
The funny thing is, I think the game itself looks just alright. Maybe slightly better than Avengers? And the character designs for the rest of the team look great as as well. It's just Star Lord for me. I cannot get over how douche-y he looks. And considering how it looks like you can only play as him, I'm worried I'll be forced to deal with it

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And considering how it looks like you can only play as him, I'm worried I'll be forced to deal with it
That is my other major concern. I don't just want to play a Star-Lord for the next 10 to 14 hours. I want to play as Groot or Rocket Raccoon. If they are nothing more than glorified assist, then I am not interested.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Oh boy here we go -

I can look at the headline and accurately predict the entire screeching rant in all of 5 seconds.

Now I have 5 extra minutes I saved not watching the video to go do something useful. Like go take a dump.

In more useful and possibly interesting news, Unmetal now has a release date: Sept 28.

So if you're waiting for a Metal Gear game that's not Metal Gear because IP reasons, well, we have about 2 and a half weeks left to go. Though apparently it came out on the Vita back in the spring and I just found this out(and was shocked to learn the Vita is still getting new games), because pretty much nobody was talking about it. I think it was a very limited physical release or something, but none of the review sites apparently snagged a copy to review.

"Metal Gear?"
"Shhh....Do you want to get Sued?"

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan