General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Masterpiece. Steam has it as being of "mixed" reviews while Metacritic has 74 reviews so far putting it at 88/100.
I've sworn to get through some of my pile of shame before buying another non VR game. This is making me question that position.

Reviewing the "Editor's Hour" on https://www.escapistmagazine.com/ too to see what their impressions are.

EDIT: I don't know how to get there other than you can get to IGN's 25 modern 10/10 game overview from that Deathloop link. Kinda cool but back in the day, sites like www.gamespot.com where so stingey with their 10 scores, there were only a couple so rated. Even so, it was fun to take a look and see how many I have and really need to get back to them!
IGN loves Bethesda stuff.

From what I've seen already, the AI is fucking broken, there are very few actual guns, and since the bodies disappear once taken out stealth is absolutely overpowered because there are no risks to it.

About what I expect from something like this. The mix of Prey and Dishonored just seems very hit or miss. I'm sure that there are moment when it clicks in the game and it's awesome, and others where it doesn't make sense. And I'm already on a sour note with this fucking game because they keep shoving trailers into our face.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

From what I've seen already, the AI is fucking broken, there are very few actual guns, and since the bodies disappear once taken out stealth is absolutely overpowered because there are no risks to it.

About what I expect from something like this. The mix of Prey and Dishonored just seems very hit or miss. I'm sure that there are moment when it clicks in the game and it's awesome, and others where it doesn't make sense. And I'm already on a sour note with this fucking game because they keep shoving trailers into our face.
I'm not getting the game because of lack of interest. I've seen most of the reviews positive and mixed, I can say it's not for me. There are certain game design decisions I don't agree with, so it's not worth it for me.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Can confirm, price has been dropped. But to €300 from €330 (note this includes tax). That €270 seems to be France only for some reason, as far as I can tell. Oddly, this makes the prices of a Switch without tax actually a bit cheaper than in the US. A rarity.

Maybe this is Nintendo apologising on Sony's behalve for arbitrarily slapping an extra €10 onto the prices of PS5 games.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'm not getting the game because of lack of interest. I've seen most of the reviews positive and mixed, I can say it's not for me. There are certain game design decisions I don't agree with, so it's not worth it for me.
I'm looking around now and the game runs like shit on PC and Ps5. Though it's better on PC, it shouldn't have performance issues on either platform. But then again....Bethesda is Bethesda and Bethesda is the worse.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm looking around now and the game runs like shit on PC and Ps5. Though it's better on PC, it shouldn't have performance issues on either platform. But then again....Bethesda is Bethesda and Bethesda is the worse.
That's odd, Ggman said the opposite. The game was chugging like crap on his PC even with the most specked out graphics cards. It ran better when he turned it down. His PS5 version ran without a hitch.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
That's odd, Ggman said the opposite. The game was chugging like crap on his PC even with the most specked out graphics cards. It ran better when he turned it down. His PS5 version ran without a hitch.
Yeah it does seem to vary from person to person. I have a feeling the game has some sort of unreliable installation bug which may or may not cause different people problems.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah it does seem to vary from person to person. I have a feeling the game has some sort of unreliable installation bug which may or may not cause different people problems.
I know the PC version has drm. So it's definitely causing the game issues.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
it is looking like the better bet is to get the game from a shady man with a beard and a boat.
It's once again the consumer getting punished it's once again the consumer getting punished. Leave it to the AAA industry to continue doing this. While those that use torrents or pirated, don't get any punishment at all. Shoot, this is why you barely ever see AA or indie games with DRM.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

FWIW -

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm not surprised with the dissonance here. It doesn't work on the professional side, but they don't matter to the fans in the long run.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Oh yeah, No More Heroes 3 is definitely a "fans of the game will like it" sort of game, especially at this point.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I know the PC version has drm. So it's definitely causing the game issues.
I remember that on release Resident Evil 8 also had problems with poor performance and microstuttering on pc. These weren't present if you cracked the game. Later Capcom released a patch to make "adjustments" to the Denuvo DRM to fix these issues.

Deathloop also has Denuvo. Make of that what you will.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Rita has returned.

You know a fighting game with Power Rangers seems like the most obvious thing in the world and yet I don't recall there being many back in the SNES/PS1 era when the show as more popular than oxygen. Its nice this one now exists.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You know a fighting game with Power Rangers seems like the most obvious thing in the world and yet I don't recall there being many back in the SNES/PS1 era when the show as more popular than oxygen. Its nice this one now exists.
There were a lot more during the SNES and Genesis era. That's where a lot of the games came from during that era. Power Rangers games did still come out at the time during the PS1 and PS2 days, but most were mediocre or bad.

They're released three different fighting games for Power Rangers. One on a Sega Genesis and two on a Super Nintendo. The SNES versions were actually between decent and good, and the Genesis version was pretty mediocre and had cheap AI. Not that the SNES versions had some cheap moments, but it was more balanced and fair by comparison.

The the portable version of the show played more like action platformers.There was also a Power Rangers beat em up on Super Nintendo. The game based off the very first movie had several versions. There was the Genesis version, the Super Nintendo version, Game Gear, and Game boy version. And they all play different from each other. But you are correct, there weren't that many tournament fighter Power Ranger games.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
There were a lot more during the SNES and Genesis era. That's where a lot of the games came from during that era. Power rangers games did it still come out at the time during the PS1 and PS2 days, but most were mediocre or bad.

They're released three different fighting games for Power Rangers. One on a Sega Genesis and two on a Super Nintendo. The SNES versions were actually between decent and good, and the Genesis version was pretty mediocre and had cheap AI. Not that the SNES versions had some cheap moments, but it was more balanced and fair by comparison.

The the portable version of the show played more like action platformers.There was also a Power Rangers beat em up on a Super Nintendo. The game based off the very first movie had several versions. There was the Genesis version, the super Nintendo version, Game Gear, and Game boy version. And they all play different from each other. But you are correct, there weren't that many tournament fighter Power Ranger games.
God I don't remember any of these at all. Which is odd cos Power Rangers was my bread, jam, butter and goddamn plate back in the day. Maybe they didn't all make it to my end of the world or I just never noticed. Interesting.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
God I don't remember any of these at all. Which is odd cos Power Rangers was my bread, jam, butter and goddamn plate back in the day. Maybe they didn't all make it to my end of the world or I just never noticed. Interesting.
I forgot you're from Australia, and odds are you're probably right. Most Power Rangers, especially based off the original series, stayed in USA or UK/EU.