General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

This makes me sad. As a recent fan of the studio and the Yakuza games, I'm worried that this will forever change them in ways we wont like.
I wouldn't worry too much. They'll be fine. They got this. We're not getting another Lost Judgment by the way. Do the contract changes with the main characters model actor, and Sega screwing up on the whole negotiations thing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Hey guys in case you didn't remember, The Avengers game still sucks dick and still doesn't have Spider-Mon only on Playstation.
My big bro got this for free on game pass. I told him it's really not worth it. He's tried to argue that it's decent, I told him they're going to get bored by any game and not going to bother with the extra content. He said we will see.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Hey guys in case you didn't remember, The Avengers game still sucks dick and still doesn't have Spider-Mon only on Playstation.
Wasn't Spoderman supposed to hit the PS "early 2021"? Wasn't he supposed to be a major incentive to buy that version? Is every sentence in this post going to be a question?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Wasn't Spoderman supposed to hit the PS "early 2021"? Wasn't he supposed to be a major incentive to buy that version? Is every sentence in this post going to be a question?
Yes, Yes, and yes :).

I remember when we were discussing Spider-man being a PS exclusive and debating on whether it was a slap in fan's faces or not.

I told everyone that it wouldn't matter because by the time Spider-man came out, nobody would give two shits about this game. Turns out I'm a video game prophet. Like Stephanie Sterling with less of a leather fetish.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Going back to the classic metal gear style gameplay, with added satire and comedy?

The only thing this game missing is having David Hayter voice the MC. Otherwise, looks great!
I've been playing it since launch and I've talked a bit more about it in the Current games thread but I've been enjoying it. It does very well evoke the old 2d Metal Gear games but clearly isn't taking itself too seriously. It also cuts out some of the BS the early Metal Gear games had. You still have to find Keycards and such but you don't have to cycle through 9 fucking cards in UnMetal Like you did in Metal Gear.

There's a bit where you have a boss fight with grenades and a rocket launcher against a Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarine. The guy questioning Jesse asks "Why didn't you run away rather then try to fight it?" and Jesse just responds "I would have but it fired it's missiles at me and nobody fires missiles at me!". It even starts with a Street Fighter 2 type "Jesse Fox VS. Nuclear Submarine" announcement(I mean, they all do but the Nuclear Submarine thing is particularly silly).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So another pompous wind bag.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
The first Deus Ex was originally planned to have the choice to play JC Denton as male or female, but this feature was cut in development. So some enterprising people took it upon themselves to mod that back into the game, including full voice acting.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
So another pompous wind bag.

Just baffling how someone so clueless ever wound up leading Sony. They should be ashamed, if shame still existed in the business world. And Bozos should be the first to take up permanent residence on Mars. He can even plant a flag in his name for that matter as long as he commits.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Basically what we've always been hearing, but the extra feedback is appreciated.

Also -

It should have stayed off the site until they have a better release plan for offline play.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ha. Already on them emulators.

Once again, it's up to the players to fix the devs mistakes or screw ups.

Show those scalpers what for, Japan!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oct 8, 2021
Looting

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Which one did you expect?
Ninja Gaiden II (360). Honestly, that game is harder than any Dark Souls game or Undertale on a Genocide Run. I find it funny that vanilla RE1 made it on to the list at 2nd place, considering the Japanese version is way more easier than the US/UK version. RE1 JP has aim-assist, more healing items, and characters can take more hits. Not to mention, most Japanese players dominate the classic RE games. I'm gonna assume the ones complaining about the difficulty in RE1 are most likely younger gamers.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Ha. Already on them emulators.
If you want to go laugh at some gamers, "WiiU" is trending on Twitter due to this article because of a bizarre string of complaints
Gamers are mad that Kotaku is "promoting piracy" for pointing out Dread runs better on a high end PC than on a Nintendo Switch. Kotaku also points out that if you want to play older Metroid games without spending a lot of money, emulation is basically the only way to go.

Gamers point out that you can buy most of the Metroid games on the WiiU and 3ds eshops, completely missing the "without spending a lot of money" part of the argument and ignoring that those shops are closing down in a few months, plus WiiU emulation of gameboy games is absolute ass.

But, they're already doing the "look at this one sentence out of this paragraph and ignore that the rest of the paragraph changes the context, Kotaku bad" meme thing, so...
Gamers really need to stop caring about what Kotaku thinks. They're getting silly.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gamers really need to stop caring about what Kotaku thinks. They're getting silly.
If it was almost any other web site, they would not be complaining as loudly or not at all. Sad, but not really. Just plain pathetic. Them crying is not gonna stop people from using emulators, nor did the pirates need Kotaku for info that's already been known as this point.