Country
United States of America

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Huh. I'm not sure whether this is a good news or bad news. On one hand, we probably won't get to see how much more can EA fuck up battlefront franchise. On the other hand, I'm not sure if anyone is brave and skilled enough take on such an ambitious task?

If someone do decide to pick it up, they got a lot on their plate. Or maybe would it be better to lay this franchise to the rest, and have it exist in legacy only?

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Huh. I'm not sure whether this is a good news or bad news. On one hand, we probably won't get to see how much more can EA fuck up battlefront franchise. On the other hand, I'm not sure if anyone is brave and skilled enough take on such an ambitious task?

If someone do decide to pick it up, they got a lot on their plate. Or maybe would it be better to lay this franchise to the rest, and have it exist in legacy only?
I find it funny EA does not want to do a 3rd Battlefront (technically, the 5th), because it boils down to "can't afford it". They can afford it, they're just too lazy and scared to do so. It's a blessing in disguise, after all the bad monetization practices and scummy loot boxes. I consider it good new as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Reactions: Dalisclock

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Regardless of how good a game it is, it really kinda sours my motivation to platinum Sekiro now, knowing Activison funded it. I might take a break from NG+ and move onto some of the PC games on my playlist.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Regardless of how good a game it is, it really kinda sours my motivation to platinum Sekiro now, knowing Activison funded it. I might take a break from NG+ and move onto some of the PC games on my playlist.
Do whatever makes you feel comfortable. You don't have to feel guilty playing Sekiro, though I understand. I still play Transformers: Devastation, but that is mainly because Platinum were the guys and gals developing it. I care about Platinum. Activision was nothing more than a means to an end. All they did was fund some contract work. Even then, Activision still stuck their dicks in it by charging $49.99. The game was originally, going to be $30, but once they realized how much Platinum got done in such a short amount of time, they decided to add on another $20.

I support your decision either way.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Do whatever makes you feel comfortable. You don't have to feel guilty playing Sekiro, though I understand. I still play Transformers: Devastation, but that is mainly, because Platinum were the guys and gals developing it. I care about Platinum. Activision was nothing more than a means to an end. All they did was fund some contract work. Even then, Activision still stuck their dicks in it, by charging $49.99. The game was originally, going to be $30, but once they realized how Platinum got done in such a short amount of time, they decided to add on another $20.

I support your decision either way.
Yeah it's one of those things. Because while Activision funded the game, FromSoft did all the work so it's not like you are really supporting Activision any further (you already bought the game a long time ago anyway so the damage is done.) Not playing the game anymore doesn't effect anything.

I'm of the mindset of not supporting the Developers of games who do evil. Like Blizzard.

Every publisher is evil, you can' really avoid that. EA, Ubi, Acti, doesn't matter they are all bastards. But you can at least control the developers you support. Yes it does still support the bigger evil people, but that's not really avoidable these days unless you focus on indie games only and even then it can be hit and miss.

Fact of the matter is that you should HAVE to do research just to find out if a game you want is morally okay in buying.

Alternatively......buy it used, then NONE of your money goes to the evil people at all. Except the evil of the Gamestops....fuck..

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Every publisher is evil, you can' really avoid that. EA, Ubi, Acti, doesn't matter they are all bastards. But you can at least control the developers you support. Yes it does still support the bigger evil people, but that's not really avoidable these days unless you focus on indie games only and even then it can be hit and miss.
Capcom are more stupid than evil, but they've had plenty of dicks moves. At least they actually learned from most of their mistakes, and have new blood in charge and on the development side.

Alternatively......buy it used, then NONE of your money goes to the evil people at all. Except the evil of the Gamestops....fuck..
Every state or country is different, but luckily, I live in a state where they are plenty of different useed game stores that are not GameStop. I got Disc Replay or Game Play. Plenty of comic book stores in Michigan sell used games too. Best Buy used to do used games at one point, but stopped in 2018. The only reason I go to GameStop at all is one specific location. I got friends that work there, and I chat up with them some times. I got so many reward points I saved up, that I put them to good use when needed.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

On on hand, I liked Chrono Cross and I'm glad to see it come back if the rumor is true.

On the other hand, Chrono Cross is kind of a mess as far as the story goes(particularly in the 2nd half) and anyone expecting a true sequel to chrono trigger will be disappointed. Not to mention it's impossible to get all the 40+ characters in a single playthrough, you need to play 3 times, but then again you'll barely use most of the characters and they're not very well fleshed out other then like a couple of them. So if you're trying to 100% the game you've got a long road ahead of you.

There is something about a game where people have had to use charts with multiple timelines to explain the plot. Not saying something good, but something.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

On on hand, I liked Chrono Cross and I'm glad to see it come back if the rumor is true.

On the other hand, Chrono Cross is kind of a mess as far as the story goes(particularly in the 2nd half) and anyone expecting a true sequel to chrono trigger will be disappointed. Not to mention it's impossible to get all the 40+ characters in a single playthrough, you need to play 3 times, but then again you'll barely use most of the characters and they're not very well fleshed out other then like a couple of them. So if you're trying to 100% the game you've got a long road ahead of you.

There is something about a game where people have had to use charts with multiple timelines to explain the plot. Not saying something good, but something.
I remember really not liking this game as a kid. And there was a point near the end of disc 1 that i got completely stuck and i just gave the game up never looking back. I never understood how the game had fans because it always felt like a terribly poor game to me. But there are fans of everything, so what do i know?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I remember really not liking this game as a kid. And there was a point near the end of disc 1 that i got completely stuck and i just gave the game up never looking back. I never understood how the game had fans because it always felt like a terribly poor game to me. But there are fans of everything, so what do i know?
Do you remember if it was a fight with a dude at sunset? Because that guy is fucking hard and I remember beating my head against him for a while before beating him. He's far harder then he fucking looks and a lot of people find him to be a difficulty spike.

I like the ideas behind CC and a lot of the early game feels wonderful, but it starts losing the plot(literally) after disc one and never really finds it again. If the early part of the game didn't work for you, the rest of the game certainly wasn't gonna change your mind. Infamously, the game also gets REALLY heavy handed with some of it's messaging to the point of getting obnoxious a times.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Do you remember if it was a fight with a dude at sunset? Because that guy is fucking hard and I remember beating my head against him for a while before beating him. He's far harder then he fucking looks and a lot of people find him to be a difficulty spike.
I don't think i got stuck because of difficulty. I remember getting stuck simply not knowing where the fuck to go or what to do, and I just gave up.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
There are good reasons why chrono cross is nowhere near as liked as trigger. Every aspects of it doesn't quite work (except the soundtrack which is phenomenal). The game has a ton of recruitable character, but for the most part they're one note characters that aren't relevant to the plot and barely distinquishable from each others gameplay wise. So you tend to just use the few character that are relevant to the plot (ie real recruit able character) and all other character are just a pointless distraction. The idea of having two world is kinda cool, except they're too similar and makes it really confusing to know where you have to go next, and since they're essentially unconnected there's no cool quest like in trigger where you change event in the past and see the effect in the future. The story takes a really long time to gel around a central quest or idea, so for most of the game you just feel like you're wandering around aimlessly.

And ultimately the aspect that's most affected by remaster is visual, but CC visual hold up pretty well all things considered since it's mostly made up of nice 2D background and decent ish character polygon (compare to like FF7). They can easily enough improve the 2D background with better scan, but then they start to clash with the character polygon, so I'm not sure it would even improve visually, a simple port would do the job just fine. Honestly there are far more interesting games to remaster in the Square soft library. How about restoring the lost content of xenogears (although that might border on remake)? And where's my PC port of FFT: war of the lion! I'm tired of having to hook up my PSP to a TV to play what's (arguably) the best game square ever made.