General Gaming News.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Sony has fired PlayStation Network senior vice president of engineering George Cacioppo, after a livestream which appears to show him caught in a paedophile sting.

The footage finds Cacioppo, wearing a "PS5" T-shirt, in front of his house at nighttime, apparently ready to meet the person approaching him. When a flashlight is turned on his face, he quickly returns to his house.

A description on the video claims that Cacioppo, 64, was expecting to meet a 15-year-old for sex after exchanging messages on hookup app Grindr. Cacioppo apparently used the app under the name of "Jeff", which he initially is heard to respond to in the video.

The livestream was broadcast on the amateur People v. Preds YouTube channel last Friday, 3rd December. The story was picked up by CNet yesterday, which reported Cacioppo had now been terminated.

Cacioppo had worked at PlayStation for more than eight years, since September 2013. Prior to that, he held similar positions in other tech companies such as Adobe.

"We are aware of the situation and the employee in question has been terminated from employment," a Sony spokesperson said. Cacioppo did not return a request for comment.
ezgif.com-gif-maker-91.jpg

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Can you make sure the prick goes to jail while you're at it?
There should just be a remote island surrounded by sharks and sting rays somewhere for these kinds of asshats to be exiled to. Really though, someone smart enough to be in that type of field and they’re still stupid enough to think they won’t get caught is kinda funny. Shows they really are sick in the head.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands

View attachment 5038
Wait so the guy makes an illegal date with a child and then has it take place at his house, wearing a t-shirt of the company he works for? How did he think he wasn't going to get exposed sooner rather than later?
Can you make sure the prick goes to jail while you're at it?
I think that would get kinda tricky. After all he didn't actually get to do any harm. And his lawyers would have a relatively easy time proving entrapment. Given he's the (former) VP of a branch of a famous company he's probably rich enough to afford himself some protection against the law. Though if the authorities start digging into his actual conduct and they find actual dates with actual minors then they might be able to jail him.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States

How did I not know about this? I did not see it coming either. The game sold more than well, so we'll see how a sequel is going to come up.
Astral Chain is one of my favorite switch games. I would be appalled if the game didn’t get a sequel. Hopefully it’s not too far behind after bayonetta 3.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm not interested in either game, but that's cool.

I'll just wait for the trailer to hit YouTube.

It begins....

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ooooh, might pick up 13 Sentinels if it gets a physical release.
Taking bets on how disappointed the fandom will be.
As for the always "disappointed" fandom, I stopped giving a rat's ass since 2007. The unpleasable fan base really has nothing at this point. Just be happy that you're hopefully getting something that works. Almost nobody can ever keep a consistent opinion about the games that come out each time. Even for non-Sonic fans.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I would love that, but I feel FS's focus right now is all on Elden Ring. Even if they were to release both, I feel most consumers will lean towards Elden Ring
Actually FS wouldn't work on it at all. Sony owns the game, not FS, so it's possible they give it to Blupoint and have them do it. Actually there is rumors that Blupoint is making Bloodborne 2 or possibly a remaster.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
There should just be a remote island surrounded by sharks and sting rays somewhere for these kinds of asshats to be exiled to. Really though, someone smart enough to be in that type of field and they’re still stupid enough to think they won’t get caught is kinda funny. Shows they really are sick in the head.
Maybe one of Epstein’s private islands

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Ubisoft officially announced their NFTs. Funny how the only did that after YT nuked the dislike button.
I swear Ubisoft is just trying to give me new reasons never to patronize them again.

Guys, I'm already boycotting you. You can stop working so hard at this

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Nvidia published the requirements for the God of War pc port. Pretty steep for a PS4 game. Could be they're just exaggerated tho. Either that, or it's a subpar port.