General Gaming News.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010

Troy you dumbass titty biscuit! Along with Snoop Dogg now too, mainstream/popular actors and artists are rarely known for their perceptive intelligence I suppose.
One of those replies to Troy Baker's tweet is pretty cool;

And because twitter is a ***** when it comes to selecting single tweets, I'll embed the actual image here;

EllieWTF.png

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

In case you forgot, a Wonder Woman game was announced during the 2021 Game Awards. A very brief teaser trailer aired which featured a voiceover and a quick look at the game's version of Wonder Woman.

After the Game Awards, a little bit of news dropped on the upcoming game: it's in production at Warner Bros. Games, with Monolith, the studio behind Middle-earth: Shadow of War. There's no set release date or platforms, although we can safely assume we'll see it on PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC.
The game is described as a “single-player open-world action game will introduce an original story set in the DC Universe and allow players to become Diana of Themyscira in the fight to unite her Amazon family and the humans from the modern world.”

As far as details on the upcoming Wonder Woman game go, there aren't many, but we've mined the trailer, consulted some comics, and looked at previous Monolith games to suss out what you could expect from a Wonder Woman title. Here goes nothing.

Wonder Woman game release date

There is no Wonder Woman game release date as of yet. It was announced in December 2021 at The Game Awards, and all we know is that it's currently in production. It's highly unlikely it'll be out in 2022, so 2023 may be a safe bet.

Wonder Woman game story and gameplay

As mentioned above, we don't know much about the Wonder Woman game, but we can assume it takes place after Diana has left Themyscira, as her mother calls for her to return to its shores to defend it from an attack. It seems that this will be an entirely different story from the comics, but we'll keep our eyes and ears open to see if any more story details break.

As far as gameplay goes, we know that Wonder Woman will be a third-person action-adventure game. I'm imagining some grappling hook-style abilities that make use of her lasso, and some heavy-handed melee attacks. Monolith has recently amped up its hiring, and job listings suggest it's working full-tilt on an action-adventure game. But will it be like upcoming superhero games Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, or something entirely different?

Wonder Woman Nemesis system

As Wonder Woman is in development from Monolith, the studio behind Middle-earth: Shadow of War, fans were wondering if the game would use its widely popular Nemesis system. Happily, it's been confirmed that the Wonder Woman game will use the Nemesis system, which should have interesting implications for gameplay.

The Nemesis system mechanic allows players to influence the game's narrative in unique ways. Enemies will evolve and develop based on your actions, which means even the gruntiest grunt can work it's way up enemy ranks and become, well, your nemesis. In Middle-earth Shadow of War, orcs would get promoted if they killed you, and they'd challenge each other to fight tot he death in order to try and climb the ranks higher.

It's unclear how this system will be used in Wonder Woman, but it certainly makes things interesting.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Oh wow, this is totally original. I mean there's an obscure series called smash bros, but that ain't got shit on this new IP! /s

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

Oh wow, this is totally original. I mean there's an obscure series called smash bros, but that ain't got shit on this new IP! /s
In fairness to the actual devs of the Not Smash game that the NFT losers are piggy-backing off of, it's actually a pretty cool MUGEN style Smash brawler. The stand-in sprites are just chunky green blocs, but they move well with defined hit boxes and things.

...And then the NFT bros moved in and fucked it up. So, the NFT weirdos didn't even make their own game, they just badly pasted sprites over somebody else's Build-A-Brawler

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
...And then the NFT bros moved in and fucked it up. So, the NFT weirdos didn't even make their own game, they just badly pasted sprites over somebody else's Build-A-Brawler
Christ, can't these fucking fuck motherfuckers fuck off and stop ruining all facets of gaming?!

Brokencontroller

Elite Member
Dec 30, 2021
Country
usa

Its like a fighting based off a gacha mechanic.

NFTs arent even new. Charcter skins, gacha systems, lootboxes, all of these things are basically NFTs except slightly more disappointing.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Its like a fighting based off a gacha mechanic.

NFTs arent even new. Charcter skins, gacha systems, lootboxes, all of these things are basically NFTs except slightly more disappointing.
Uhhh. No? With cosmetics you at least know what you're buying into, "I shall pay this amount of money to have this silly hat on my character in your game" It can be dumb to spend money on such a thing but you get what you pay for. NFT's aren't even that. They're closer to commissioning artwork online, except you don't get so specify what it looks like and it's usually pretty ugly art, add in all the other crap with blockchains and such and it should be clear they're far worse.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
NFT's aren't even that. They're closer to commissioning artwork online, except you don't get so specify what it looks like and it's usually pretty ugly art....
And they stop existing the moment the game they're attached to goes offline. Which is the same as the regular cosmetics, but nobody's trying to promote them with any sort of "permanency".

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Troy you dumbass titty biscuit! Along with Snoop Dogg now too, mainstream/popular actors and artists are rarely known for their perceptive intelligence I suppose.
I gotta be honest, I have thought that Troy Baker was a pretencious asshole who can't smell his own fucking farts for a long time. He comes across a such a giant douchebag all the fucking time I am starting to get annoyed when I hear his voice in games now. It really got me when he lashed out at TLOU fans talking about the "art of it all" and tried to pretend the game's story was more meaningful that it really was.

Of all the voice actors to do NFT's I figured it would be this dumbass. Though I am surprised that the Critical Role folks aren't also trying to do it, though at least they have Original Characters to milk.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I always have respect for the arts, but still it's Genshin Impact. I wish this performance was done somewhere else in a better game.

Excellent. Game programmers need way less stress.

Don't some European countries have a 4-day, 40 hour work week and it works wonderfully well? You work four 10-hour days, and it's still 40 hours a week, but it allows for three day weekends and overall production and morale is 100X better than working five 8 hour days.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Don't some European countries have a 4-day, 40 hour work week and it works wonderfully well? You work four 10-hour days, and it's still 40 hours a week, but it allows for three day weekends and overall production and morale is 100X better than working five 8 hour days.
No, they actually cut the total hours a week without reducing compensation too.

And yes, it works very well. The only downside is legions of morons "not wanting to pay people not to work" even though productivity is actually up

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
No, they actually cut the total hours a week without reducing compensation too.

And yes, it works very well. The only downside is legions of morons "not wanting to pay people not to work" even though productivity is actually up
Well I know I certainly would prefer a 4-day work week myself. That's for damn sure lol. Weekends are not long enough.