General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Does Nintendo ever put anything on sale?
It depends if it's physical or digital. If it's a console that's currently running, at most, most switch games that are by Nintendo only going to sell between 10 to $15 at best.

I know during the end generation for the Wii U, most first party Nintendo games went on sale and we're about $19.99. it's a running thing with most Nintendo consoles and portable consoles, that most of their first party stuff goes on sale when the consoles near this door, or new consoles about to launch.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

They are hypocrites based on the very first sentence -

As part of a document sent to Brazil’s Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE) to justify its proposed acquisition of Activision Blizzard, the Xbox firm claimed that Sony actively attempts to “inhibit growth” of Game Pass by trying to prevent content appearing on it.

If they have to try and justify why they’re spending many dozens of billions on arguably the biggest third party cash cow, and other third parties are showing concern for how that will affect the industry, then they are clearly too full of themselves to realize they are the problem.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Then why even bother buying them in the first place?

Fine by me. People have lives, and many streamers suck, have fake personalities, or are just plain assholes. Not to mention certain streamers get less relevant each year.

Now here's some real good news!

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Well, now this is what a proper reboot to the classic horror series.

Now we can forget about whatever this is

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Well, now this is what a proper reboot to the classic horror series.

Now we can forget about whatever this is

Looking good! Consider me interested. I remember the 2008 version of AlthD had some defenders. Mainly the PS3 version that's labeled Inferno. Even when you take that into consideration, the game is still not good. At that point it becomes barely average. At least they attempted to fix it, I'll give them that. But enough of the past. So instead let's focus on the past.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Then why even bother buying them in the first place?
I assume they crunched the numbers and concluded that whatever potential extra xbox sales they'd get from making it exclusive does not outweigh access to the entire audience for CoD on Playstation, even if that means having to share some of the pot with Sony. It's not like this is actually a new thing for them, Xbox Game Studios has published quite a few games on Steam, very likely for the same reason. Similarly, there are also a couple on Switch. They've shown themselves quite willing to play ball with competing platforms, what's one more?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I assume they crunched the numbers and concluded that whatever potential extra xbox sales they'd get from making it exclusive does not outweigh access to the entire audience for CoD on Playstation, even if that means having to share some of the pot with Sony. It's not like this is actually a new thing for them, Xbox Game Studios has published quite a few games on Steam, very likely for the same reason. Similarly, there are also a couple on Switch. They've shown themselves quite willing to play ball with competing platforms, what's one more?
And yet Microsoft manage to send Sony, and a couple of other big game corporations, into panic mode and start buying up stuff just to say, "Look, we bought some companies too!". Right now it seems like everybody's just flexing on each other for the sake of it.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
And yet Microsoft manage to send Sony, and a couple of other big game corporations, into panic mode and start buying up stuff just to say, "Look, we bought some companies too!". Right now it seems like everybody's just flexing on each other for the sake of it.
Possible. They probably worked under the assumption that any developer/publisher Microsoft would absorb would become exclusive, because that's how it has almost universally been historically. Even so, CoD might be an outlier and other franchises might actually become exclusive. Or maybe not, Microsoft has gone on record that they basically want the Xbox brand to have a finger in all things gaming, and that the Xbox console and things like Game Pass are just parts of a broader strategy.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Possible. They probably worked under the assumption that any developer/publisher Microsoft would absorb would become exclusive, because that's how it has almost universally been historically. Even so, CoD might be an outlier and other franchises might actually become exclusive. Or maybe not, Microsoft has gone on record that they basically want the Xbox brand to have a finger in all things gaming, and that the Xbox console and things like Game Pass are just parts of a broader strategy.
I still remember the All hands on gaming rhetoric they gave out before. And here is the response I will give them the first time around: "Microsoft, would you please make some actual worthwhile first party games on your consoles, instead of constantly buying up stuff like you have before?!". Put your actual resources a good use, christ!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

This game can't catch a break.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016