General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
First of all, how often does someone need to contact customer service in that a faster customer service ranking is desirable?
Someone that's stupid, desperate, bratty, and selfish and think it's all about them.

Anytime I had a problem with my console or something not working right, customer service usually did a good job and we're usually quick. There are some long ways, but I didn't have to go to them too often. I've only dealt with PlayStation customer service about four times total. One involve me getting a refund.

Frankly the fucking "Stars" thing is stupid anyway because the rewards and benefits of the program are stupid. Oh a badge on your profile? Better customer service? Who the hell gives a shit?
People who like to brag about their trophy or gaming score. Or how they're part of a "special and elite group". Flaunting their social status.

And you're right, it is stupid, and Sony will find a way to make it worse or screw it up even more. Be on the lookout.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I highly doubt it. I'm sure some people were hired for the shallowest reason or to check off a box, but it all boils down to those at top with the arrogance to think they know and can do anything, without consequence. It's those at the top and the idiotic investors in charge whom are problem.
Oh yeah, the people at the top letting this shit happen is absolutely the king of all issues as well. For me it's always a red flag though when media, shows, movies, or companies have to brag about how diverse their production teams are. It means they've got nothing else happening.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Anytime I had a problem with my console or something not working right, customer service usually did a good job and we're usually quick.
This has been my experience too. But I've only ever needed support when I bought one of my Asus gaming laptops.

Actually check this shit out. The little pin that hooks into my power cable snapped off into the laptop. So I call Asus and explain what happened. The laptop was like a month or something off warranty but the guy told me to send the computer to them anyway and if it's defecticve they'd still take care of it. I sent the laptop in on a Monday, and got a package from Asus on Thursday. Inside was my laptop and a note that said, "Laptop motherboard broken unable to fix. Instead we took out your hard drive and put it into this brand new laptop. Thank you for choosing Asus."

And now I only buy Asus computers.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I like my platinums
There's being proud, and then there's being an arrogant douche. You're fine. I'm talking about the people who flaunt their stuff at others who know they can't afford nor unavailable to get the game, console, or membership.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
A Stadia-like service will eventually work. In that respect, Stadia (and services like it) was ahead of its time.
"Ahead of its time?" That's too generous. "Ahead of itself" is more like it: good idea in a vacuum, piss-poor execution in the real world.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
One of the stadia game dev is upset that the system is shutting down:

Not sure if I should feel bad for them or laugh at them

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Google Stadia is off to the Google Graveyard

Did anyone not see this coming a mile off?
Google: "Pay full price for games you can only play on our streaming service!"
Gamers: "You want us to do that on a service that's going to be super-laggy?"
Google: "Your ISP will eventually improve your connection!"
Gamers: "Ha ha ha. But no, really."
Google: "How about negative latency?"
Gamers: "How about no interest?"

Wow, did they ever back the wrong horse.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

This is the equivalent of the person crying "stop laughing at me!"😭

Stadium lived and died on it's on merits. Stop acting like you have it the worst in the world!

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Looks like Scorn's release date has been moved up one week.

Been looking forward to this one, so it's great to see the trend of constant delays being bucked.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Looks like Scorn's release date has been moved up one week.

Been looking forward to this one, so it's great to see the trend of constant delays being bucked.
A game! A game is coming out!?

No way.....oh wait Valkarie Elysium came out today....oh...well then i can put ff13 off for a bit yay.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Man I remember when stadia came out, everyone in the gaming community righthly point out that it was going to fail for so many reason, but the non gaming press was all over it and though it was going to be the next netflix. It's weird how disconnected hobby can be from the general population sometime.