General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Can someone explain to me why this matters? AS someone who has never had or wanted to have a hacked system, what does having a hacked system even do/mean?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Can someone explain to me why this matters? AS someone who has never had or wanted to have a hacked system, what does having a hacked system even do/mean?
There are entire communities of "homebrew" coders who like creating games to run on various consoles, emulating other consoles on them, or installing Linux or whatnot on them just because they can.

And, of course, there's also the communities who put on funny hats and say "yarrrr" a lot.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
There are entire communities of "homebrew" coders who like creating games to run on various consoles, emulating other consoles on them, or installing Linux or whatnot on them just because they can.

And, of course, there's also the communities who put on funny hats and say "yarrrr" a lot.
Oh i see. Okay thanks.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
This is completely unneeded. The game still looks and plays great on PS4 and there is no reason to put effort into this. Unless they plan to release it for free. If this comes with a $70 price tag I will be out $70 and very mad.
That’s your choice, but you won’t be as mad as Bloodborne fans.

I have a feeling Hermen Hulst had a big hand in this, seeing as it was his former studio.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
"Great
That’s your choice, but you won’t be as mad as Bloodborne fans.

I have a feeling Hermen Hulst had a big hand in this, seeing as it was his former studio.
As a Bloodborne fan, yes I am quite both mad and sad. Like, Bloodborne is gonna sell like hotcakes if it comes to pc. Every single one of souls games has been a hit (well save for the original dark souls and dark souls 2). I mean ffs, even crash bandicoot is on steam.

I guess you can say they don't have enough insights to see how successful this will be.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
"Great

As a Bloodborne fan, yes I am quite both mad and sad. Like, Bloodborne is gonna sell like hotcakes if it comes to pc. Every single one of souls games has been a hit (well save for the original dark souls and dark souls 2). I mean ffs, even crash bandicoot is on steam.

I guess you can say they don't have enough insights to see how successful this will be.
My theory is that they either cant do it for legal reasons, or technical reasons. It is possible that FromSoft owns the source code and they arent interested in further work on that title.

The third possibility is that they gave a remake/remaster to Bluepoint after Demons Souls. And that is just coming later on.

Bloodborne isnt an ancient game it is only 7 years old and was on last gen so its not like the game needs an update really. It would be nice but it isnt really that important. A remaster would be like doing TLOU again and that would never hap......oh..

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
My theory is that they either cant do it for legal reasons, or technical reasons. It is possible that FromSoft owns the source code and they arent interested in further work on that title.

The third possibility is that they gave a remake/remaster to Bluepoint after Demons Souls. And that is just coming later on.

Bloodborne isnt an ancient game it is only 7 years old and was on last gen so its not like the game needs an update really. It would be nice but it isnt really that important. A remaster would be like doing TLOU again and that would never hap......oh..
It needs one more than Zero Dawn at the very least.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It needs one more than Zero Dawn at the very least.
Here's the thing. Naughty Dog and Guerilla Games are both Sony owned. So they have more control over the games than contracted games I would assume. Bloodborne is exclusive, but not first party, so it's a different animal than anything made by a Sony in-house studio.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Here's the thing. Naughty Dog and Guerilla Games are both Sony owned. So they have more control over the games than contracted games I would assume. Bloodborne is exclusive, but not first party, so it's a different animal than anything made by a Sony in-house studio.
The onus appears to still be on Sony for anything involving the title though.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The onus appears to still be on Sony for anything involving the title though.
Yes they own the rights of the title, but that doesn't mean they have the source code to update the game at all. In all regards I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Bluepoint is working on something Bloodborne related, they even teased as much in a tweet now deleted.

I'm sure the lack of news is due to some complexity we aren't aware of. It sucks, but what can we do?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Yes they own the rights of the title, but that doesn't mean they have the source code to update the game at all. In all regards I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Bluepoint is working on something Bloodborne related, they even teased as much in a tweet now deleted.

I'm sure the lack of news is due to some complexity we aren't aware of. It sucks, but what can we do?
Between this and the stupid Silent Hill/Kojami/Bloober rumors I’m getting fed up :(

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Issac is now fully voiced. Kinda feels like necromorphs could use extra details, but other than that it looks good

Reactions: Gyrobot

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Between this and the stupid Silent Hill/Kojami/Bloober rumors I’m getting fed up :(
Then stop following them around nor listen to them. Just appreciate what you have now, and don't focus too much on things that are most not likely going to be true or around. You make yourself all the more better for it. I didn't bother following any of these windmill rumors for a good reason.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Then stop following them around nor listen to them. Just appreciate what you have now, and don't focus too much on things that are most not likely going to be true or around. You make yourself all the more better for it. I didn't bother following any of these windmill rumors for a good reason.
People are sick and tired of remasters and remakes until they remake/remaster a good they like. Other people will see games get remakes and such and be sad that game x,y,z isn't getting a remake.

I think it's a bit of jealousy that other games are getting love but the game you love isn't.

And I'm guilty of it too. LIke I was luck that FF7 got a massive remake, but i still look at TLOU like "What the fuck is that shit?" when I really shouldn't because I'm sure someone who really loves TLOU is quite happy to have a big graphic update.

WE gamers are so fickle.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
People are sick and tired of remasters and remakes until they remake/remaster a good they like. Other people will see games get remakes and such and be sad that game x,y,z isn't getting a remake.

I think it's a bit of jealousy that other games are getting love but the game you love isn't.

And I'm guilty of it too. LIke I was luck that FF7 got a massive remake, but i still look at TLOU like "What the fuck is that shit?" when I really shouldn't because I'm sure someone who really loves TLOU is quite happy to have a big graphic update.

WE gamers are so fickle.
FF7 remake was widely requested and warranted, no getting around to the fact that the 3D was very very rough back then. But was there ever a large clamouring for TLOU or HZ? Those more or less still looked good.

As far as bloodborne, I think most of it comes down to people wanting it to be on PC, the remaster could change nothing and people would still be happy.

Then there's the remake that fuck up with the original artstyle and kinda make it worse, square are awful at that.

In other news, possibly related to cyberpunk edgerunner, CDproject have semi announced that a new cyberpunk game is coming out. I know that wouldn't be popular, but I hope they just recycle the map/system of 2077 but expand on all aspect and make more of a standalone expansion than true sequel.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Issac is now fully voiced. Kinda feels like necromorphs could use extra details, but other than that it looks good
So are you getting this or Callistol Protocal?

I am glad to see Isaac voiced; just sucks that this under the EA label.

I realize Negative Atmosphere, really has the deck stacked against it. It's another Dead Space spiritual successor, but has been in development since at least 2017. I really do wish the best for the smaller developers on that project. Hopefully they can still do well, even with both of these games out.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
In other news, possibly related to cyberpunk edgerunner, CDproject have semi announced that a new cyberpunk game is coming out. I know that wouldn't be popular, but I hope they just recycle the map/system of 2077 but expand on all aspect and make more of a standalone expansion than true sequel.
Will they spend 6 years working on it and release it in a fucked up state?

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
True, but those tired of the remakes and remasters can always find something else. Most of them are not short on options, and they know that. After those that are upset that they're not getting a remake: understandable. With that said, being jealous and constantly putting down people, because of game they enjoyed got remade is not going to make them any better. It's called accept it and move on. And if they do get the game they want to remade, they better be careful what you wish for.

At least that makes sense. FF7 came out in 1997. The Last of Us came out in 2013 and got a port around 2016 on the PS4 with all the upgrades and DLC. The port is backwards compatible on PS5. The Remake was not needed at all. I won't destroy others happiness, but that does not make Naughty Dog nor the Remake itself immune to criticism.

WE gamers are so fickle.
And there are many more of us that care to be kind, understanding, and to stick with our choices without being asked is about them. Even if we all don't agree on the same thing, at least we be respectful to one another and learn.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
So are you getting this or Callistol Protocal?

I am glad to see Isaac voiced; just sucks that this under the EA label.

I realize Negative Atmosphere, really has the deck stacked against it. It's another Dead Space spiritual successor, but has been in development since at least 2017. I really do wish the best for the smaller developers on that project. Hopefully they can still do well, even with both of these games out.
Yeah, it's a tough call.

I mean it's fucking dead space. I want to experience horror again. It has a structure that I'm familiar with, as well as how a proper remake should look like. But it's also an EA game, and has a $60 price tag.

Calisto Protocol looks like an re-imagined taked on DS, led by the original creator himself. While the game looks great, I am not sure how balanced the "survival-horror" mechanics will be. Because survival-horror games always seem to give way too few resources for you to survive, or allow to you farm them so you become stupidly op. Also, it doesn't have the kinesis from dead space. It's something that made Dead Space special for me; hurling sharp body parts back at the enemies.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Calisto Protocol looks like an re-imagined taked on DS, led by the original creator himself. While the game looks great, I am not sure how balanced the "survival-horror" mechanics will be. Because survival-horror games always seem to give way too few resources for you to survive, or allow to you farm them so you become stupidly op. Also, it doesn't have the kinesis from dead space. It's something that made Dead Space special for me; hurling sharp body parts back at the enemies.
To be fair, the "survival horror" wasn't exactly balanced in the original Dead Space either. Then the sequel basically became even more like RE4, except Leon has PTSD (ironic, because that's what the remake of RE4 is doing). That only changed if you did self-restrictions or played on the harder difficulties first. All I know about CP, is that the whole prison planet idea was going to be the original idea for DS when it was first drafted. The kinesis module may not be there anymore, but you still have kinesis type device where you can not only grab objects, but you can also grab and throw enemies into hazards and death traps. I noticed some elements from Evil Within 1&2, where you can sneak kill the basic or common monsters. Even if it's not the most survival horror type game, I still look forward to it and I'll probably play that first over the remake.