General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm glad I decided to wait. There is literally no point in buying the original at all. Sega knew exactly what they were doing. That better be a free update for those who bought the previous version.

EDIT: The upgrade costs $9.99. Screw off, SEGA.

@Specter Von Baren, do you know about Idol Showdown yet? Click back to the previous page and go all the way to the bottom. It's a fighting game.

Last edited:

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Actually, the most recent survey found that the Japanese population has started finally going up.
No it's not. The birth rate might have increased a bit but that'll only slow down the decline in population. Developed countries don't need 'surveys' for counting the population anyways. Births/deaths and immigration/emigration is in official books all the time.

People must understand how population demographics work and how a declining population (in a developed country) just straight up can't buck that trend unless they suddenly take in tens of thousands of immigrants.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
No it's not. The birth rate might have increased a bit but that'll only slow down the decline in population. Developed countries don't need 'surveys' for counting the population anyways. Births/deaths and immigration/emigration is in official books all the time.

People must understand how population demographics work and how a declining population (in a developed country) just straight up can't buck that trend unless they suddenly take in tens of thousands of immigrants.
Well I was just trying to say the nonstop downward slop had stopped I guess. Sorry.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland

01:14 : "Nice, of course they won't do it but it would have been great if you could actually walk on the walls and cei... oh ?"

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

01:14 : "Nice, of course they won't do it but it would have been great if you could actually walk on the walls and cei... oh ?"
Didn't telltale crash and burn a couple of year back cause almost none of their game made a profit?

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Didn't telltale crash and burn a couple of year back cause almost none of their game made a profit?
Yeah there was something like that. And their games disappeared. and then reappeared. I'm not sure how it went.

But I'm happy they're still here. I like Telltale.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Yeah there was something like that. And their games disappeared. and then reappeared. I'm not sure how it went.

But I'm happy they're still here. I like Telltale.
Apparently someone else bought out the IP and I guess the name? So presumably this isn't the same Telltale.

I liked them back in the day(We got 3 new Sam and Max games that I am grateful for) but eventually lost interest. Hopefully they don't mess this up.

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Apparently someone else bought out the IP and I guess the name? So presumably this isn't the same Telltale.
Hm... but at least the footage seems extremely telltalish so I'm not too anxious. However a member of the series staff pointed out that it seems it will be released on the epic store, which smells of the usual epic store exclusive dickmove. We'll see. It would be disappointing, as I remember the old Tellltale being drm-free (I had even bought the first ones from their store directly).

Also I haven't played all of Telltale's games, and I know they're being criticized for fake choices that change cosmetic aspect without really branching the story. Who knows, maybe the new owners will ameliorate this, though I don't care immensely as I tend to only play them once and thus the illusion works on me. But anyway, yes, the Sam&Max ones were absolutely brilliant. But also... I'm really not a fan of superheroes (not sure if it invalidates my point or validates it even more) but their Batman games were just the best Batman story, and the best version of Joker, that I have ever seen.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
So, earlier this week there was a presentation on the totally-not-The-Sims-Title Life By You.
Wow, this game looks like it's pretty far off from done. The fact they couldn't get some smooth frame rate video for the trailer makes me wonder how early this build is. Maybe some of the visual issues is cause it seems to lack much of a distinct art style, especially in the UI.
Buuuuuuuut... some Sims competition would be great. I would love to play more of The Sims (I played a bit of 4 and found it enjoyable), but getting a good amount of content from it is a total money sink.
I'll do my best to remember this game exists down the line and see if it turns into much.
Edit: This was kinda painful to watch cause everyone except Gabriel seemed to know how to talk in this sort of situation. Rocio was trying waaayyy too hard I think

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Seriously, how does SE keep building incredible-looking worlds (like this one) and boring-barren looking worlds (like Forspoken) at the same time?

And LoZ continues to be the only game that does what it does best in the genre; Genshin Impact and Fenyx Rising certainly tried and did well, but they are nowhere near the same level

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And LoZ continues to be the only game that does what it does best in the genre; Genshin Impact and Fenyx Rising certainly tried and did well, but they are nowhere near the same level
I'll give credit to nintendo, but the problem I'm seeing is that they still have breakable weapons. Why? Nobody liked it before, and a majority people don't like it now. Ask for the clones: GI's main problems are the microtransactions and gacha mechanics. Fenyx main floor was being developed by Ubisoft. I meant that I never played either games, but if I had to choose, it would be Fenyx. Mainly because it's just an actual regular game with nothing intrusive or no crappy DLC from what I remember.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

So let's do a head count of publishers that CAN attend E3:
T2/Rockstar/2K
Bandai Namco (assuming they don't go to SGF 2023 first)
Konami
PC Games

And I can't think of any more. You know the event is fucked when even Ubisoft don't wanna attend

EDIT:

Nevermind, I guess it's literally dead

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

So is emulation okay now or...? I'm confused.
Emulator were always legal*, roms (ie the game you can play trough emulator) aren't though.

*Legal so long as you don't use any proprietary file from the console themselves, ie bios, which some emulator more or less need (although I don't believe dolphin does).

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
https://www.gamesradar.com/the-last-of-us-part-1-is-getting-pummeled-on-steam-a-technical-disaster/

TLOU Part I isn't doing well on PC apparently. Genuinely surprised by this, considering GoW and Spider-man seemed to be great ports.
It all depends on who's doing the port not every PS games are ported by the same people. For example, Spider-man port was done by Nixxes (who also did HZD port), and GoW was from Jetpack Interactive. For TLOU, it was done by a company called Iron Galaxy, and they have a history of hit-and-miss on their ports

I heard UC collection was in rough shape as well, but not near as bad.

ND has also made the following statement:

I really hate these types of statements. Like, NOBODY saw the shitstorm coming? The game should've been delayed further back.