General Gaming News.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Kinda sad isn't it? The devs are clearly fans enough of the franchise to think that such a feature is worth not only creating but paying money for. They're just apparently really not good devs.
It sounds to me like they would’ve been better off consulting with actual game developers about their plans to make a game.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

So it's a collab between Konami and 3rd party company. If you are curious on who Virtuos are, it looks like they have a track record of different games and ports they worked on. Famous ones include HZD port on PC and Nier Automata Port on Switch

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
How has this come out and there was no announcement and nobody talking about it?

I feel like last we heard about this was that development was struggling. I didnt even know there was a release date announcement or anything. Wth?
My attitude is the same as yours. I was no expecting this on Memorial Day.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
How has this come out and there was no announcement and nobody talking about it?

I feel like last we heard about this was that development was struggling. I didnt even know there was a release date announcement or anything. Wth?
And it's only $40 on Steam. I mean I guess that's considered a lot for some people and price doesn't always equate to quality, but I'd say it's still better than the $70 bullshits we've been getting

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And it's only $40 on Steam. I mean I guess that's considered a lot for some people and price doesn't always equate to quality, but I'd say it's still better than the $70 bullshits we've been getting
Anything less than $70 bullshit is a great deal. When the Crash N' Sane Trilogy released in 2017, it was a remake of three games for $40.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

It was supposed to release earlier this month, but then got delayed to the 30th. But as you said, troubled development and numerous previous delays made it easy to take that with grain of salt. Tho i played the demo and that seemed feature complete so maybe they needed just that bit more time to dot the Is. Or its a mess and its going to be early access without calling it that. We'll know tomorrow.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
There's also another system shock project (sequel? remaster? remake? can't remember) in the work that also has a trouble development isn't there? So both might be getting confused.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It was supposed to release earlier this month, but then got delayed to the 30th. But as you said, troubled development and numerous previous delays made it easy to take that with grain of salt. Tho i played the demo and that seemed feature complete so maybe they needed just that bit more time to dot the Is. Or its a mess and its going to be early access without calling it that. We'll know tomorrow.
Apparently it's an amazing remake. It's not my type of game, but it looks and sounds like a lotttt of love went into it. And it's been actually optimized for PC??? What a concept.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

More on Space Marine II. I wonder that last bit suggests co-op? Because that would be amazing

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Apparently it's an amazing remake. It's not my type of game, but it looks and sounds like a lotttt of love went into it. And it's been actually optimized for PC??? What a concept.

So this seems like a shoe-in for sleeper hit of the year, if not generation. Literally feels like we’ve been gaslighted into thinking this was another doomed project, and then BAM!! here it is and apparently passing with flying colors.