General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Those are fighting games. I don't want a fighting game. I wanna smash buildings and flick away tanks like roaches.
  1. Dawn of the Monsters is a brawler; not a fighting game. You can pick up buildings, use them as weapons, and smash monsters in the face with them.
  2. You have literal Godzilla DLC in Giga Bash. You have nothing to complain about it. Also, there's tons of buildings to wreck in GB! It's an arena fighter.
  3. It's your decision, but take it or leave it. Otherwise, keep relying on copium for the Rampage game that's (more than likely) never coming out nor getting remastered, because WB likes to sit on their asses for things not called MK, DC, or Shadow of Something Something.

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
No Activision game on Gamepass until 2024....ok so that's like 60 days. It'll take them that long to get those games onto the servers and into the Gamepass Ui registry. This isn't the headline people are claiming.

Surprised by this. Good for fans of it on PS I guess. I’d still rather play it on PC. Which reminds me I never played Cold War but have had it since launch lol.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Surprised by this. Good for fans of it on PS I guess. I’d still rather play it on PC. Which reminds me I never played Cold War but have had it since launch lol.
I mean Sony could also just answer with making awesome Killzone games if they wanted and it would overtake Call of Duty because Microsoft doesn't have the user base to compete anymore. Killzone on Pc and Ps5 could wipe them out especially if they back it with a good budget and make a great shooter for people.

Xbox has a shit record of game quality with all these studio's they've bought. Some of which haven't even farted out anything more than teaser trailers. And frankly Call of Duty is all they really have with Activision and then whatever holdout people remain playing the trash Blizzard is making these days.

Once again Xbox is relying on nostalgia and buying up these "'has been" studios who once were legendary and are now old enough for Medicare. Trying to relive glory days. It's not gonna work, these studio's are shit, the Xbox is worthless, and Microsoft is doing nothing about it.

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I mean Sony could also just answer with making awesome Killzone games if they wanted and it would overtake Call of Duty because Microsoft doesn't have the user base to compete anymore. Killzone on Pc and Ps5 could wipe them out especially if they back it with a good budget and make a great shooter for people.

Xbox has a shit record of game quality with all these studio's they've bought. Some of which haven't even farted out anything more than teaser trailers. And frankly Call of Duty is all they really have with Activision and then whatever holdout people remain playing the trash Blizzard is making these days.

Once again Xbox is relying on nostalgia and buying up these "'has been" studios who once were legendary and are now old enough for Medicare. Trying to relive glory days. It's not gonna work, these studio's are shit, the Xbox is worthless, and Microsoft is doing nothing about it.

There weren’t many glory days for them in this industry to begin with. First half of 360’s life cycle perhaps, but that was ultimately marred by the consequences of rushing it to market a year early.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Now I am not sure how Steam Free weekend works as I never played a game during it, but are users allowed to keep the game? Becuase it's been a few days since the weekend and we're seeing 96k players according to steamdb.

Still doubt the game will maintain the numbers for years to come; I don't think anyone really likes full price + battle pass

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
They definitely peaked with Halo 2.
There's also Halo 3. I remember there being so many long lines for that game. Nearly every media store within my area had all these long lines for people trying to get it.

As far as OG Xbox exclusive are concerned, the games that peeked on that console were Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden (Black), and whatever Dreamcast game or sequel to a Dreamcast game Sega fans were going nuts over. Also those 3D Oddworld sequels. Granted it's been too long for me to get an exact memory of that, but I know people enjoyed them enough.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
There weren’t many glory days for them in this industry to begin with. First half of 360’s life cycle perhaps, but that was ultimately marred by the consequences of rushing it to market a year early.
Well, one of the reasons they were infatuated with Bethesda was they were also the early force behinding bringing CRPGs to the console market. Morrowind flew pretty under the radar, but Oblivion and Mass Effect were pretty big swingers for them. Which was in itself a followup point to having also wrested the FPS genre more succintly away from a PC dominated field with Halo.

But yeah, while having those sort of previously niche experiences brought out to the "mainstream" helped them, its a novelty that fell off pretty quick as others caught up to them.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Now I am not sure how Steam Free weekend works as I never played a game during it, but are users allowed to keep the game? Becuase it's been a few days since the weekend and we're seeing 96k players according to steamdb.

Still doubt the game will maintain the numbers for years to come; I don't think anyone really likes full price + battle pass
I don't think so cause the game tend to have a big discount a the same time.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
All yeah baby, garbage license games are back! Gaming is truly healing
There's plenty of license crappy mobile games out there, but it's just that King Kong sticks out really hard. Really, this and Gollum are the only crappy license game that has gotten this much doing notoriety. The other games are quickly forgotten about or falls into the anals of history.