General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I remember seeing the first movie in theaters, loving it, and then being surprised and quite salty that nobody went to see it cuz animation.
By the time I found about it (two months after the movie released), I didn't care that much that "nobody" went to see it. I love the movie, and it did well enough. Hell, home video sales were even better.

Glad to see Across has been given its due.
Guess people learned their lesson, after not seeing the first movie in theaters, and waiting until home video. Glad the movie is getting the exposure it deserves. Even if Across didn't, I still would've been happy to see the movie in theaters.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I have news about The Flash.
View attachment 8946
Good for the Flash, I'm still not seeing that piece of crap. Also, most of those sites don't count for crap. I like all the movies in that picture, but not everything can nor should be compared to the Dark Knight/TDK Trilogy of all things. I judge all the these movies on their own merits.

Last edited:

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Good for the flash, I'm still not seeing that piece of crap. Also, most of those sites don't count for crap. I like all the movies in that picture, but not everything can nor should be compared to the Dark Knight/TDK Trilogy of all things. I judge all the these movies on their own merits.
The Flash sucks. It's one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen in a theater.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I have news about The Flash.
View attachment 8946
Well, for The Batman, didn’t that largely turn out to be a rather popular consensus and not just hype bait?

I agree for the rest of them - even the ones I like - that was a pretty hyperbolic thing for them to say. Not that it’s the sort of consideration most of those e-gutter tags would make but I think the point stands.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Well, for The Batman, didn’t that largely turn out to be a rather popular consensus and not just hype bait?

I agree for the rest of them - even the ones I like - that was a pretty hyperbolic thing for them to say. Not that it’s the sort of consideration most of those e-gutter tags would make but I think the point stands.
The Batman was great. Aquaman, Shazam, Squad and WW were middling to alright. The rest sucks.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012

Interesting. But I think the movie just figured, hey, we have a teenager "coming out [with a secret]" to her boomer cop dad, the 2SLGBTQIAP+ take is gonna be irresistible to zoomers, might as well code it as such and slap some Easter Eggs in the background for the points. If nothing else because 1) Sony-Marvel wouldn't have the balls to spell it out at least until the series is done (ie. the Dumbledore gambit) and 2) it would probably be suicidal in this day and age to cast a non-trans (Hailee Steinfeld) as a trans character.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Interesting. But I think the movie just figured, hey, we have a zoomer "coming out [with a secret]" to her boomer cop dad, the 2SLGBTQIAP+ take is gonna be irresistible, might as well code it as such and slap some Easter Eggs in the background for the points. If nothing else because 1) Sony-Marvel wouldn't have the balls to spell it out at least until the series is done (ie. the Dumbledore gambit) and 2) it would probably be suicidal in this day and age to cast a non-trans (Hailee Steinfeld) as a trans character.
I heard Double Toasted to talk about this in their spoiler talk. I know Gwen is not trans in this movie, but her speech is a reference and inspiration from those coming out as trans or coming out as gay. Though there are hints in a room, that she supports trans rights. Captain Stacy has a trans rights flag pin on one of his shirts apparently.