Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Aubrey Plaza as Rogue the Bat?!
Dangerous fucking game!
Well, there goes that idea of Scarlett Johansson voicing Rouge. I'm not complaining though. Here's hoping Rouge has a great looking design.

In a good way or bad way?
Based on the picture, I'm sure it's the good way.

Reactions: Casual Shinji

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Cinefix top 10 (which are usually top 280, in practice) are reliably brilliant and informative. Haven't had the time to check that one out yet.

Will do, pretty religiously, these evening.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Cinefix top 10 (which are usually top 280, in practice) are reliably brilliant and informative. Haven't had the time to check that one out yet.

Nice list, but two of the movies in the middle I've never seen before, and I wouldn't put Spider-Verse at #10. It would be in my top 5. I know Heavy Metal would be lower on my list.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Positive surprise seeing Fire and Ice on the list. No other movie manages to depict barbarian violence quite as vividly - the dude with the wolf cap remains one of the biggest unknown badasses in cinema.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Haven't seen the movie, but sounds like Momoa knew exactly what kind of movie he was in and pulled a Jeremy Irons.
Vin Diesel, get the fuck over yourself. You've been making the same movie since 5, and have not done much else different. Nothing lasts forever, and I'm glad I stopped after the 7th movie. Then again, I wasn't big on 6 either, and consider it the worst of the franchise.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Vin Diesel, get the fuck over yourself. You've been making the same movie since 5, and have not done much else different. Nothing lasts forever, and I'm glad I stopped after the 7th movie. Then again, I wasn't big on 6 either, and consider it the worst of the franchise.
I am curious as to what kind of over-acting would make a Fast and Furious movie worse. I mean, if they had Brian Blessed being all Brian Blessed, I might watch one of the later films.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am curious as to what kind of over-acting would make a Fast and Furious movie worse. I mean, if they had Brian Blessed being all Brian Blessed, I might watch one of the later films.
The Fast and Furious movies have been stuck in the same loop, where a majority of the time it's just CGI car explosions. They rarely ever bother with practical effects now. The retcons just get worse and worse and make even less sense. The only way these sequels can work now, is if they're in alternate realities, and you have to pretend the previous movie(s) doesn't exist or happened in different ways. They're all boring. I am seeing Across The Spider-verse on Saturday, and next week I'll be seeing Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts. I already know those are actually great movies and better than whatever Fast X has to offer.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I've heard that Mamoa is about the only fun thing in the movie. And that Diesel is easily the most awkward part of this franchise. Doesn't he spend the whole movie basically alone? Because he has absolutely no chemistry with anyone?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've heard that Mamoa is about the only fun thing in the movie. And that Diesel is easily the most awkward part of this franchise. Doesn't he spend the whole movie basically alone? Because he has absolutely no chemistry with anyone?
Vin Diesel does have chemistry and can act great, but he's gotten lazy and complacent over the years. The first F&F movie and the Riddick movies prove that. In the third live action Riddick movie, he's alone for the first hour. With nobody, but a CG creature to interact with. He does a great job during that park, but the second half is just Pitch Black all over again, but less interesting.