General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Sequel/reboot of classic movies have now reached Gladiator as well. This looks awful, especially with that annoying rap mix in the trailer.

Huh, now I’m in a mood for the original Gladiator.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Sequel/reboot of classic movies have now reached Gladiator as well. This looks awful, especially with that annoying rap mix in the trailer.

I'm not even gonna look at the trailer. The original is a fine movie. But I don't hold it a much reverence either. If we're getting all these sequels to really old movie IPs, can we get a sequel to Drive (1997)?

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I'm not even gonna look at the trailer. The original is a fine movie. But I don't hold it a much reverence either. If we're getting all these sequels to really old movie IPs, can we get a sequel to Drive (1997)?
Yeah, it may be better to save your time watching the trailer. Trust me, it really isn't worth your time. It throws out everything that made the original film great, and could possibly be the most hyper-fictionalized work I've ever seen, and not in a good way. Granted the first movie isn't exactly historically accurate, but at least it understood the setting more.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Looks like they may address an elephant in the room RE: Falcon. His tech is supposed to be regular military issue. So, his "power" shouldn't be special. If he run afoul of the government, shouldn't he find himself facing a ton of these guys? Looks like it could happen.

1720797635233.png

Damn, this looks so friggin' good!
I thought they did damage to the Killing Joke. I don't think they'll make that mistake here.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Looks like they may address an elephant in the room RE: Falcon. His tech is supposed to be regular military issue. So, his "power" shouldn't be special. If he run afoul of the government, shouldn't he find himself facing a ton of these guys? Looks like it could happen.

View attachment 11458

I thought they did damage to the Killing Joke. I don't think they'll make that mistake here.
At the very least it looks better than all other MCU movies for the past few years. I think this is the first movie after the whole Disney-cutting-back-on-MCU-product announcement. So hopefully this marks the beginning of Disney getting their shits together

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

View attachment 11458

At the very least it looks better than all other MCU movies for the past few years. I think this is the first movie after the whole Disney-cutting-back-on-MCU-product announcement. So hopefully this marks the beginning of Disney getting their shits together
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! This is what you should be doing disney! See what happens when you actually take your time!

Reactions: gorfias

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

I mean, it looks aright. And it'll be nice to have a setpiece movie with some R-rated violence again. But that rap music... yeah. This isn't a Tarantino movie, it's a sincere presentation of history. Though this could be the studio opting for this rather than the filmmakers themselves - I don't know how much say they have in the trailer make-up.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I mean, it looks aright. And it'll be nice to have a setpiece movie with some R-rated violence again. But that rap music... yeah. This isn't a Tarantino movie, it's a sincere presentation of history. Though this could be the studio opting for this rather than the filmmakers themselves - I don't know how much say they have in the trailer make-up.
When has Tarantino had rap in his soundtracks?

The highest rated comment -

@officialmattmedia 5 days ago
whoever put that song needs to be fired

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
When has Tarantino had rap in his soundtracks?
Well, Django Unchained, but it's more about using music that is counter to the world the movie takes place in, which Tarantino does a lot. But this suits his style which is usually counter that what you expect from either a western, a war movie, or a martial arts film. Gladiator isn't really that kind of movie, the first film didn't get cheeky with itself and played everything completely straight. So for the trailer of this sequel bust out rap is a little weird.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I think it looks better because they were minimizing shots that contained special effects for the trailer. The bits at the end with the pink trees look kinda sketchy to me, as well as Red Hulk and some of the flying bits. Hope I'm wrong, but I really don't have a lot of confidence in this one.

You might be right, but I'm pretty sure the guy in the pic is meant to be the new Falcon, who was his sidekick in the show.

Reactions: FakeSympathy
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Well, Django Unchained, but it's more about using music that is counter to the world the movie takes place in, which Tarantino does a lot. But this suits his style which is usually counter that what you expect from either a western, a war movie, or a martial arts film. Gladiator isn't really that kind of movie, the first film didn't get cheeky with itself and played everything completely straight. So for the trailer of this sequel bust out rap is a little weird.
A self-contained movie getting a sequel over two decades later is also a little weird, but hey at least they cast another good lead. Also Connie is back so it could be complete trash and I’d still have a good reason to watch it.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

A Terminator animated series. Wow, it looks good! Kinda weird they didn't use the original theme, but I digress, maybe it's trying to distance itself from the crappy terminator movies we had a few years back

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A remake of John Woo's The Killer. I did not expect this, and apparently Woo is remaking the movie himself. I am in. Already people are bitching about the remake, but I don't care.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2