General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Wow, I guess it's not gonna be a complete whimsical adventure; The fallout might be quite heartbreaking to see

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
This will be the first fully animated theatrical Transformers movie since the 80s one. That's certainly something to behold.
Yep. AND NO HUMANS AND THEIR DRAMAS! Granted the 80s cartoon did have human characters, but from the few episodes I've seen and all the reviews I've seen they aren't given much spotlight.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So not only did Sausage Party get a sequel tv series for some forsaken reason

Why?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Yep. AND NO HUMANS AND THEIR DRAMAS! Granted the 80s cartoon did have human characters, but from the few episodes I've seen and all the reviews I've seen they aren't given much spotlight.
The 86’ movie has two human characters, one is an adult version of the teenager in the show and the other is his son. Spike (the adult) shared his screen billing with Bumblebee - appropriate as they were both basically inseparable in the television show - as an equal. But most of the human screen time is of his son Daniel because he was to be the new audience surrogate going forward. Spike’s fate is a minor plot point but it all wraps up rather neatly in the end.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
What the fuck?

Wrong voice. Doom needs a voice that sounds like he’s speaking in ALLCAPS at a conversational volume. Downey Jr. is a great and popular actor and fan favourite but I don’t think he’ll make a good Doctor Doom.

Also where’s my Sherlock Holmes 3, Robert?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Wrong voice. Doom needs a voice that sounds like he’s speaking in ALLCAPS at a conversational volume. Downey Jr. is a great and popular actor and fan favourite but I don’t think he’ll make a good Doctor Doom.

I think the casting is less about "who will make a good Doctor Doom" and more about "what stunt can we pull to make people excited again for the MCU".

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
What the fuck?

I am cautiously optimistic, but I do think it could be a great plot line where Tony Stark, the character in the MCU, is the Dr. Doom. Everyone who knew him will be shocked, and we could have a plot line where experiencing his own death had changed him to turn darker. He still has that witty bits of him, but he could be a Dr Doom who is more methodical, calculating, and classy rather than the one who speaks in ALL CAPS.

Or they could just make it so that it's the first time anyone is seeing his face, who knows?

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

Since Gordon and Harley Quinn have already been altered so, would hope the show deals with the racial and sex factors in having a black commissioner and colored female psychiatrist in the 1940s, but doubt the two of them will have to face the adversity Samuel J. Battle (who only rose to Parole Commissioner) and Dr. Margaret Chung faced. Highly improbable for two such rare examples of minorities in positions of authority and medicine to be applicable to this limited collection of 1940s characters. If it's mostly or completely ignored, then it's as bad as Cruella pretending an Indian could have risen through the police ranks to Commissioner in racist 1970s London. Like slavery, the Civil War and Segregation didn't happen in the Chicago/NYC-inspired world of Batman.