Generally Accepted Gaming Facts

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
EverydayHeretic said:
Left is almost always the correct direction to travel.

That one item you really need will only drop when you've stopped thinking/caring about it.

It's still going to be about 10 years before people realize that clever art direction is more valuable than pretty graphics.
So, you're saying that left is the right direction in every 2D game for example? Cuz I would strongly disagree with that...
I'd more say that the item will never, ever drop.
And I unfortunately think it's gonna be more than 10 years :(

For my own, motion gaming will never be good.
People will, for some reason, put money, shoes and huge broadswords in barrels and pots. And that's the only objects you can break.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
PaulH said:
Games will always seem better if they're from 10+ years ago, if only because of nostalgia when older gamers say 'Back before <insert new peripheral/console>....'
you sir speak the truth this is especially true when it comes to pokemon.

StealthyNinja

Mar 11, 2010
Cutscene you is always either much stronger or weaker than normal you.

In RPGs, you are the ''chosen one''

The final boss will evolve

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
The aliens/robots are, apparently, always cooler than the humans.
Unless a human is the main protagonist.

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
EverydayHeretic said:
Left is almost always the correct direction to travel.

That one item you really need will only drop when you've stopped thinking/caring about it.

It's still going to be about 10 years before people realize that clever art direction is more valuable than pretty graphics.
I don't understand your first one. You go right in every 2D side scroller I've ever played. When is left the right way to go? What games?

Totally agree with the last one though.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Orwellian37 said:
Everyone on XBLA is either under 12, a douche, or, occasionally an escapist
So "Everybody on XBL is an Escapist"?

BADUM TSH

(just kidding, I love you all really... except you, steve, you can go screw yourself)

EDIT: Whoops, forgot an OT.

Umm... If a game is popular, there will be a forum somewhere on the internet dedicated to hating on it.

If Yahtzee dislikes it, so will the Escapist.

Jun 11, 2008
PaulH said:
Games will always seem better if they're from 10+ years ago, if only because of nostalgia when older gamers say 'Back before <insert new peripheral/console/trend>....'
I do have to disagree with this it is not always true. I played the Prince of Persia remake for 360 and this is the first PoP game I have ever played and found it to be crap. I got the older ones off Steam and they are a billion times better so sometimes it is not always nostalgia.

OT: When people complain about JRPGs they will nearly always use unthoughtout copy paste arguments that make them sound like they have never played a JRPG for more then an hour or more then a handfull.

Valve headquarters is on Mars as they have a different time to us.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
if you are good at a multiplayer game and tell your friend that you are good when you play together you will be crap.

Twuk

Dec 18, 2010
Any light-hearted and "fun" RPG is considered too easy and a waste of your time.

You almost always cap at either LVL 60 or 99.

Playing through a game using a walkthrough makes it feel more like homework.

Bugerion

Jan 10, 2011
Whenever you get some new power in the game(example golden sun games)next dungeon will required you to use that power.... a lot

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Glademaster said:
PaulH said:
Games will always seem better if they're from 10+ years ago, if only because of nostalgia when older gamers say 'Back before <insert new peripheral/console/trend>....'
I do have to disagree with this it is not always true. I played the Prince of Persia remake for 360 and this is the first PoP game I have ever played and found it to be crap. I got the older ones off Steam and they are a billion times better so sometimes it is not always nostalgia.
So you are saying that 'Back before the 360, Prince of Persia games were better?'. Not exactly a disagreement.

But I'm guessing if the first PoP (One of the most widely distributed and successful game series ever) was on the 360 you don't get to qualify for 'older gamer' title just yet ;P

Twuk

Dec 18, 2010
Undertoken said:
In RPG's, you can walk down the street in your underwear and NOBODY will say anything about it.
Or a bed sheet for that matter *cough*Breathe of Fire 3*cough*.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
apparently all games that have a cover system is a Gears of war rip off

when playing any game with an inventory system, an invisible magical bag floats over your protagonist that only they can see and the protagonist stores all their stuff in the magical bag.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
there is always a long running rpg/jrpg serious that you have never heard of.

Jun 11, 2008
PaulH said:
Glademaster said:
PaulH said:
So you are saying that 'Back before the 360, Prince of Persia games were better?'. Not exactly a disagreement.

But I'm guessing if the first PoP (One of the most widely distributed and successful game series ever) was on the 360 you don't get to qualify for 'older gamer' title just yet ;P
Well it was a reboot of the PS2 ones I think not sure I am not that into the series. Although I don't know if I would qualify for older gamer as I've only been going for 15 years but anyway ye sometimes it isn't just nastalgia but it can be a lot of the time.