George W. Bush's Severed Head Gets Game of Thrones Cameo

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Not a single personal opinion from the newshound? How could this be?

...and can it be like this all the time??

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
Am I the only one who would love for my severed head to make a cameo in Game of Thrones? I really hope the big G Dubwya is a fan of the show and enjoys the surprise cameo.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Riff Moonraker said:
If the same thing happened, but it was Obama's head... holy hell the shitstorm would be unimaginable. Thats my problem with the whole thing. So, because its Bush's head, its kind of a jokey, funny thing. However, if it was the other way around, there would be hell to pay. That pretty much sums up how things are going here in the States, these days, and it pisses me off to no end.
I actually just had the thought, but the opposite. I'd find it halarious if they used Obama's head.

As my Captcha says: get over it

Mind you, that's ONLY because it's not a political statement or anything like that, it's just using what they had available. If it was a political statement, I'd be pissed regardless of whether I liked the president whose head was on a spike.

For reference to my opinions, go(ish) Obama, Boo Bush.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
I think the statement was "if you were around in our time period Dubya, you not only wouldn't be king, you wouldn't survive."

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Prince Regent said:
So why exactly did they have his decapitated head lying around?
Among the prosthetic heads that people may have lying around, Bush's head is statistically the most common one. You can't argue with math.

May 5, 2010
MatsVS said:
cthulhuspawn82 said:
I'm just pointing out how crazy things would get all over the country if it was a spare Obama head instead.
Yeah, considering america's stellar record with black folks, that's not a false equivalence at all!
[small]1, 2, 3, 4! I declare a sarcasm war![/small]

Yeah, because Americans sure are racist. That's why we elected a black President. We're just trying to lull all the black people into a false sense of security.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Leadfinger said:
They should have had Cheney's and Rumsfeld's heads up there next to it.
Ninjaed

I wish Cheney had joined him on a pike!

I guess that what happens when you play the game of thrones... with half a deck

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hell, if that were me, I'd be honored to have my prosthetic head on a spike as part of that show. It's better to be on that show than president, anyway, since at least people like the show

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008

Not mine, but I thought it appropriate.

I love how people are getting their knickers in a twist over something that they would never have known about if it hadn't been mentioned in the commentary which also said it wasn't political.

Catcha: "Spitting feathers". More like splitting hairs.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Strazdas said:
Finally the man got what he deserved.
TV Stardom? :p

*Tries to think of something valuable to say to avoid the low content rules, fails, and goes back to chuckling.*

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
ScruffyMcBalls said:
I see no issue, it's just a face. Though wouldn't it be cool if the creators did a competition of some kind where the reward would be to have your body parts replicated and used in the show? That'd be kickass, someone get on that.
^This. After watching the "offending" footage, I don't see the problem. It's another bullshit tabloid story engineered to start a fake controversy and get a rise out of people. They were under no obligation to apologize for this.

LostintheWick

Sep 29, 2009
I'm thinking that personally... I'm okay with this.

He might has well have put half the countries heads on sticks. I used to defend bush by saying that he was only one man. But after hearing a lot of experts views on what went wrong, I'd have to say his fake head on a stick in some fictional show is the least of what he deserves :)

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Riff Moonraker said:
If the same thing happened, but it was Obama's head... holy hell the shitstorm would be unimaginable. Thats my problem with the whole thing. So, because its Bush's head, its kind of a jokey, funny thing. However, if it was the other way around, there would be hell to pay. That pretty much sums up how things are going here in the States, these days, and it pisses me off to no end.
Yeah, remember that enormous shitstorm when Terry Jones (also known as 'Quran Burning Pastor') hung Obama in effigy?

Remember the shitstorm over that?

Remember how that was six days ago?

Probably not. I doubt 95% of people in this thread even heard of that. Shitstorm indeed.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
Gotta love how fucked up my generation has become, I personally find it unacceptable. People seem to think anything is okay nowadays. It's not about political correctness, its about what the hell we are becoming as a society. People nowadays dont give a shit about others and people around my age are starting to have this who cares attitude that is really causing society to take a shit over our own humanity. Yes he was not one of the best presidents, and even tho I strongly dislike our current president, I have enough respect and maturity than to stoop to the levels of say the people who allowed this crap to go on.