George W. Bush's Severed Head Gets Game of Thrones Cameo

May 5, 2010
MatsVS said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
[small]1, 2, 3, 4! I declare a sarcasm war![/small]

Yeah, because Americans sure are racist. That's why we elected a black President. We're just trying to lull all the black people into a false sense of security.
Yeah, because electing a black dude who is then promptly demonized by half the country sure does absolve you for three hundred years - and counting - of racism!
Oh that's right, I forgot! Americans invented racism! The European nations and Africa have always gotten along just dandy, but then the USA came along and fucked that all up! It's not like just about EVERYONE ELSE was racist for those 300 years too! That would make your argument totally irrelevant, because it would imply that EVERY nation that was racist for 300 years MUST be racist now, which would be COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. Good thing it's not true!

PS: I like to imagine that a really stupid person is reading all this and thinks we're just agreeing with each other over and over again.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Clankenbeard said:
If it were my fake head on that pike I would tell everybody I know about it. Politically Correct sucks these days.
I don't get why everyone is talking about this being "politcal correctness". It isn't. Even if the stated message had been "we definitely should cut off Bush's head", objecting to that wouldn't be political correctness, it would be sanity.

This has nothing to do with anyone being politcally correct and everything to do with media outlets manufacturing sensationalism to get views.
I see your point. My "politically correct" comment was meant to be a weak play on words. George W. Bush is indeed a "politcally" involved figure, having served for eight years as the President of the United States and Governor of Texas. In this instance the media deemed it not to be "correct" to have the severed head of our former Head of State displayed on a pike in a fantasy series. A former President's head on a pike is therfore not "politically correct".

On a side note... While the more common use of "politically correct" refers to more social aspects these days, I think it is getting very much too restrictive. Specialized groups need to have a better sense of humor and higher tolerance for comments made about their groups by folks outside their group boundary. Politically Correct sucks these days.

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Oh that's right, I forgot! Americans invented racism! The European nations and Africa have always gotten along just dandy, but then the USA came along and fucked that all up! It's not like just about EVERYONE ELSE was racist for those 300 years too! That would make your argument totally irrelevant, because it would imply that EVERY nation that was racist for 300 years MUST be racist now, which would be COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. Good thing it's not true!

PS: I like to imagine that a really stupid person is reading all this and thinks we're just agreeing with each other over and over again.
Oh, that's right, and it's not like NONE of the European nations emancipated their slaves without fighting a long and bloody civil war, right? And it's not like america is the modern day torch-bearer for colonialism, is it? And southern racism is totally not way uglier and overt than most other forms of modern racism. What a silly thought!

Man, I feel like we're really making progress here! Maybe we should stop before we actually, I dunno, solve racism... Then what would we agree about?