German TV Says Star Trek Terrorists Killed Bin Laden

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
TitanAtlas said:
So...... Klingons came from the future to kill Bin Laden? Why cant you guys belive in it? :(
Yeah!! It's so simple and original. I mean it's not like this has been done in a fan-fic.... has it? Those Trekkies do anything....

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
If its the past, does that count as a violation of the Prime Directive?

Wow. Can't believe that was my first quandary regarding this...

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
The Maquis clearly used a time travelling device to start capturing the hearts and minds of people before they get called terrorists in the first place. Smart thinking, 24th century renegades! <3 Star Trek forever :D

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
John Funk said:
....presenter Mick Locher even commented on the logo: "They don't have the skull in their emblem for nothing." Except that the skull is clearly that of a Klingon, surrounded by the Klingon's ancestral bat'leth weapon.
Yeah..uhh..Clearly......[not a star trek fan, here]

OT: This is hilarious. I wonder if there's, like, a guy whose ONLY job is to find images from Google image search. If there is: "I'm sorry you got fired dude."

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Now we just need conformation about the DeLorean that was captured by a Pakistani speed camera entering the town at 88 mph, and I think we know what happened that day...

ThatDaveDude1

Feb 7, 2011
Polaris19 said:
then it was Usama bin Laden
His name is "Usama bin Laden." "Osama" is the westernisation generally used by the media, but virtually all official FBI documents refer to him as "Usama."

Example: official FBI Website [http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists/usama-bin-laden]

For once, Fox News was actually accurate.

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Polaris19 said:
Fox News got it wrong about eight times. First it was Obama bin Laden, then it was Usama bin Laden. I think it went downhill from their.

This is hilarious though...
Last I checked Usama Bin Laden was one of his "names" , and meh they wouldn't be the first to confuse Obama and Osama ^_^, though it was a careless mistake....OR WAS IT!?

"The FBI and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), as well as other U.S. governmental agencies, have used either "Usama bin Laden" or "Usama bin Ladin", both of which may be abbreviated as "UBL". Less common renderings include "Ussamah bin Ladin" and, in the French-language media, "Oussama ben Laden". Other spellings include "Binladen" or, as used by his family in the West, "Binladin" -wiki

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
So thats why the Pakistani Air Defense radars didn't pick anything up, they beamed in, from the future!

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Ketsuban said:
manythings said:
Ha! Silly krauts.
That's an offensive slur and I suggest you refrain from using it in future.

Gottesstrafe said:
Oh those WHACKY Europeans. What will they mix up next? It only feels like last year that they mistook Pedobear for a Canadian Winter Olympics mascot.
Thanks, that's not offensive or condescending to anyone who isn't German or Polish at all. Also, it's spelled "wacky".
"Q_Q Police"! Arrest him!

OT: This is one of the funnier oopsies in news I've seen in the last couple weeks. Honestly though I wouldn't be able to pick any yank military emblems out of a lineup, and someone who never watched Star Trek wouldn't know better.

Apr 28, 2008
MikailCaboose said:
Polaris19 said:
Fox News got it wrong about eight times. First it was Obama bin Laden, then it was Usama bin Laden. I think it went downhill from their.

This is hilarious though...
Almost EVERY news station got "Osama" wrong.
Because "Osama" is wrong. His real name is "Usama", it was just changed in the west because its first 3 letters spelled "USA".

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
DrNobody18 said:
I had a final today, one I probably did badly on, however because of this? My day is now awesome.

I thank you, ignorant news station, for making my day awesome.
same here! *high fives*

this indeed made my day

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I knew it! We were being lied to people, Starfleet Command wanted to cover this up, but the news got out!

This is just pure win.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
To be fair, that would be awesome if it happpened, and that logo is just as bad ass as the Marine's.

besides, its better then Fox New's Affiliate's screw up.

Cymen

Apr 3, 2010
So many racist comments. Go watch some ALL AMERICAN FoxNews.
Obama Bin Laden was killed by bombs weeks ago, they say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9bS75JOP_Q&feature=channel_video_title

Which is the greater "blooper"?

May 5, 2010
See, I keep telling people that America really isn't the only stupid country out there[footnote]This statement assumes that it's OK to judge an entire country based on the actions of a few citizens. Which it isn't, by the way.[/footnote] but no one ever believes me.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
nukethetuna said:
So they pretty much have a guy google searching for whatever image they need, huh?
And terrifyingly, my google search turned up loads of correct alternatives... How could they go so wrong XD.