Germany Wants to Ban Paintball

killereddy

Feb 23, 2009
They're on a slippery slope, next the shooter will be ex-military so they have to reduce military training and when that happens, Germany becomes France, and nobody wants to be like France.

I apologize to any French users, but in the U.S. your taught, practically in school, that the French are pussies

olicon

May 8, 2008
The Germans can take comfort in the fact that they could still take a train into the next country and play there. Gotta love Europe.

Just watch--there will be a ton of paintball fields popping up right on the border. And each one will also have a locker for hire so that people can store their equipments in there.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
News flash: They are actually not going to ban it. As of now they said they might look into the game and asses security and age-restriction yada yada. So yea, it was obviously a ridiculous plan to shift away from the real problems and through public humiliation they have changed their mind.

Still, I continue to be amazed at the bullshit a lot of people spew on these forums, it's unbelievable.

TagKeast

Oct 24, 2008
"Paintball is a killing simulation, and that is inhuman!" - is what the party that wants to ban it says. I say:
"You gotta forbid waterguns! They are killing simulations for even younger people! Plastic guns! Theatre! Movies! Music!"

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
im glad i dont live there...

i dont think any of these people have ever been to a well run paintball place, seriously we are some of the most laid back people ever

my parents came came to watch a practice one day and they even commented on that

what they need to do is legalize weed, if they did that they would be like "dude that guy has pissed me off so bad, im going to go shoot him(1 minute later) nah i think ill just stay here"

ACM_Shadow

Aug 6, 2009
I still would like to see proper studies concerning these "violence inducing things", i admit i have the urge to do some damage to something every now and again and usually take an angle grinder to a used motor...(the motor doesnt survive long), and my violent video games calm me down.
Live in Australia, in a state capital so most people my age have never used an actual firearm, let alone know how to work it competently (i can work a rifle, shotgun and pistol skill unknown), and am appalled at all the hate, but everyone needs a scapegoat and i believe all this cr*p is probably the easiest thing to blame.

Oh and to people that say paintball is like firing a real thing, the real thing you dont need to aim up 5 feet for a 30 meter shot and have a 5'ish inch spread at 5 meters (unless your firearm is in dire need of repair), but i might have just gone to a dodgey paintball place.

side note... simpsons and the BEAR PATROL, for unenlightened, just because a process is inacted, doesnt mean it works, after all my pet stone scares away lions.

TL:DR violent games/acts(on inanimate objects) appease my destructive impulses, would like to see proper study between shootings and games, only similarities between paintball and real life guns are they shoot an object that hurts and make 50% of men feel like they grew a few inches.