"Get back to your own countries!" Says illiterate woman on tram O_o

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Freedom of speech does not protect you from infringing upon the rights of others. If you are abusing or intimidating someone and inciting racial hatred you are breaking the law. So all of you who are crying foul, book up on your knowledge of how rights work. Infringing someone elses in this way supercedes your own freedom of speech. And for good reason.

I wonder how long it would take for me to get a banhammer if i used that on someone here, possibly someone who believes i have the right to express any opinion i want. Or if said person will put up with such verbal shite.

Dec 14, 2009
Tin Man said:
And here is an example of another fucking idiot doing harm to the possibility of any kind of open, rational and rage free debate on immigration issues in the UK... No I don't have any races in particular, yes I do have problems with parts of London essentially belonging to a culture that isn't English.

Fun fact, Southall has the biggest mosque in the world outside India.
Why do people think this is a bad thing?

We as a nation of multiculturism should be fucking proud of that.

Instead, people see it as invading our national identity, which is pants on head retarded.

If our culture isn't strong enough to withstand a few foreigners, then it was never worth having in the first place.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
Synyster said:
As i was watching that video i was w8ing for the moment when somebody snaps and just punches her in the face,

Ubermetalhed said:
Also why is it that the kid behind her suddenely stands up all riled when she stupidly says go back to Nicaragua?
I think he thought that she said a rather nasty word, the first 3 letters or which are nig
Yeh it was as people have now pointed out to me. I obviously misheard.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Versuvius said:
Freedom of speech does not protect you from infringing upon the rights of others. If you are abusing or intimidating someone and inciting racial hatred you are breaking the law. So all of you who are crying foul, book up on your knowledge of how rights work. Infringing someone elses in this way supercedes your own freedom of speech. And for good reason.

I wonder how long it would take for me to get a banhammer if i used that on someone here, possibly someone who believes i have the right to express any opinion i want. Or if said person will put up with such verbal shite.
I like you.

OT: I think this woman needs a good old smack on the nose with a newspaper with tiny bee's glued to it. The saddest part is that child is likely going to grow up surrounded with such xenophobic views raising the chances of him becoming a prat just like her.

EDIT:
Jedihunter4 said:
So... by your logic we should all condemn you for your avatar promoting the clubbing of seals?

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
zehydra said:
I disagree entirely. A College-level education is a far fly from just being literate.
Chavs tend not to have a college education.

They finish school and go straight on the dole/income support/child benefit (we have a lot of single mums in the UK that get free housing).

The simple fact that woman can barely string a coherent sentence together and stops on occasion because she can't remember a word kind of gives a reason to the illiterate claim.

Dec 14, 2009
Tin Man said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Why do people think this is a bad thing?

We as a nation of multiculturism should be fucking proud of that.

Instead, people see it as invading our national identity, which is pants on head retarded.

If our culture isn't strong enough to withstand a few foreigners, then it was never worth having in the first place.
May I ask where you live? Is it a nice area, where everyone has a job? Or is it a shit hole where clashes between Muslim and Polish gangs are common? Now I'm not a racist asshole for saying that, and I know i'm not, but the kind of silly ***** in the OP, screaming and gurning her tits off on in public that makes anyone who might have an opposing view seem like scum.

Firstly, downplaying the oppositions points is bad form, it's not a few foreigners, it's a few hundred thousand, many of these being in large concentrations who set themselves apart from the community they apparently live in.

Secondly, people see it as a bad thing because it can be. My other halfs old man is a high level administrator at a bad school in Acton, London. That school speaks over 40 different languages. That school is a sink, where teachers are attacked, children fall through the system and gang mentalities are born, and how are the school administrators supposed to do anything about there when there are dozens of different belief systems, cultures, and languages all in the same pot? How can order be placed into a system like that?

My problem isn't with race or religion, it's with integration. And when you have huge communities that demand things be bent and changed to accomodate them, that's a problem. I went into a doctors surgery the other week, and honestly, I was the only non-asian in there, including every one of the staff I saw, and you know what, that's completely fine. But the person behind the desk there needed some help from a translator to deal with me. In the capital, that sort of thing shouldn't happen.

And it doesn't make me racist to say that.
I agree with you, and had you said that in the first place I would have been fine with that, but your previous post made it sound like having the largest mosque outside of asia was a bad thing.

Kurokasumi

Aug 11, 2009
Even her kid looks embarassed to be with her. And he probably cant even talk yet.
Ehh.. this is all I have to say really.

BlackSaint09

Dec 9, 2010
I dont know what to say.
I suppose she couldeve kept her opinion to herself or atleast expressed it in a polite manner because of the kid.
Although it makes you wonder if she said what she said because she knew noone would mess with a woman with who is with her child.

Superbeast

Bound up the dead triumphantly!
Jan 7, 2009
Volf99 said:
Cursing people out and using racism is not in itself fighting words. Granted its subject to context, but this took place on a train. Also, here is what I mean when I say fighting words:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_words#United_States
Uh...I have to ask if you look at your own links. You've been arguing that racial and derogatory expressions (even directly to someone's face) are protected under "Freedom of Speech", yet your link says this (emphasis mine):

"The fighting words doctrine, in United States constitutional law, is a limitation to freedom of speech as protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. In its 9-0 decision, Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire (1942), the U.S. Supreme Court established the doctrine and held that "insulting or 'fighting words,' those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace" are among the "well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech [that] the prevention and punishment of...have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem.""

The very decision that defines "fighting words" also clearly states that insulting language, used with the intent to breach the peace (a well defined legal term, which includes hurling abuse at people on a tram) is grounds for prosecution and runs into no constitutional problems with regards to the First Amendment.

Note that the decision also includes "lewd and obscene" language; and that this case came about because "Chaplinsky...had purportedly told a New Hampshire town marshal who was attempting to prevent him from preaching "You are a God-damned racketeer" and "a damned fascist" and was arrested. The court upheld the arrest and wrote in its decision...". What this woman was yelling was an awful lot worse than that.

Furthermore, the grounds for the judicial reasoning are that "It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality."

So...whilst what the woman was saying was not "fighting words" she could (though I do not know about would) be prosecuted in the United States, never mind the UK which has direct laws against this type of behaviour - though you are still free to be racist, even publicly, as long as you are not directing abuse at specific people or attempting to incite racial hatred.

Freedom of Speech is not as carte-blanche as many people think, and I'm sorry to say that your staunch defence of this woman's rights (from an American perspective) are, in fact, undercut by American law.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I know loads of people who act like this in a debate about immigration yet when they saw this video on facebook they were all 'Omg that's so terrible! She is a racist'.

:|

You can't exactly wade in on your 'friends, friends' and start handing out hypocrisy stickers so I kept my mouth shut.

Sigh.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
RewardMe said:
scw55 said:
Arkaniack said:
"A load of f'in' Polish"? ahahaha... me not like them too (political reasons, screwed and still tries to screw Lithuania). Sadly I am thinking of immigrating to Great Britain...
Wales is considerably less racist than England. We're too busy hating the English due to the hundreds of years of suppression of our language and culture in our own country! I think the same would be of any Celtic British nation.
I'm sure someone, somewhere, is playing the smallest violin for you.
The smallest Celtic violin.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Octogunspunk said:
Apparently it's considered "racist" to even suggest that Britain is still a White country, let alone state that it should remain one.
Um, yes. Yes it is. It is the exact definition of racist.

Heimir said:
Had she been black..... Need I say more. She wouldn't even have been arrested or approached by police.
The facts do not support this claim. In 2009-10, only 2.7% of the population were black, yet 8.0% of people arrested were black, and 14.6% of people stopped and searched were black.

Source: Ministry of Justice [http://www.justice.gov.uk/images/race-stats-table-a.gif].

Thats like me going to an african country, live there for a few years and then run around rubbing it in everyones face that im botswanian or ghanese or whatever. Oh I forgot, they'd probably chop my head of since im white.
There's plenty of white people of British descent living happily in Botswana and Ghana who might call themselves Botswanian or Ghanan.

Source: CIA World Factbook [https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html].

zehydra said:
Woodsey said:
If she was arrested, it would have (should have) been because she was inciting racial hatred, not just because she'd expressed a racist opinion.

No one's going to arrest you for saying "there's too many Arabs!", or "blacks are all violent".
I'm not sure I understand the difference. Can you incite racial hatred without saying racial opinions?
You can express racial opinions without inciting hatred.

Jedihunter4 said:
SAMURAJ said:
The solution:burn down England !!!
Everybody wins !!
yer thanks for that intelligent input....
It was more intelligent than most of this God-forsaken thread, which I have now read all ten pages of.

That there are insane racist outbursts on trams is not surprising. What is surprising is that they can generate ten pages of comments here, of people being equally wrong on both sides of what appears to be some kind of argument. My estimation of our average IQ dropped ten points today.

It's funny, five or ten years ago it would've been the left-wingers calling for unpopular beliefs to be protected free speech while the right-wingers brought the banhammer down on them. That it is now the other way around says more about how what constitutes unpopular beliefs has changed, rather than about how the distribution and views of left- and right-wingers might have changed. [small](Not that free speech has anything at all to do with this incident.)[/small]

Les Awesome

Mar 29, 2010
She'll just love the 2012 Olympics

FunFact: 99% of Neo-Nazis and Skin Heads are British and American not German

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
It's probably already been pointed out, but how do we know that she's illiterate?

It seems to be the height of hypocrisy to claim "OH NOES!!! She has differing opinions! What a dumb *****. She probably doesn't know how to read or write."