"Get back to your own countries!" Says illiterate woman on tram O_o

pulse2

May 10, 2008
zehydra said:
pulse2 said:
Rednog said:
Question, how do you know from the video that she is illiterate?
Chavs usually are :D If she was educated in the way I was at least, I'm pretty sure her argument would have far more structure and make more logical sense, using proper reference, possible historical proof. The only thing that made any sense was go back to your fucking countries, you fucking nicafriga, whatever or whoever that is :D
I disagree entirely. A College-level education is a far fly from just being literate.

That being said, I've never met a Chav, but I understand it to be a stereotype.

You're angry that she's stereotyping, and then you fire back with a stereotype?
First of all: College level education? Seriously? You honestly believe she managed to get through A-levels? Far less college/university? I don't know a single university student who speaks like that, usually they can structure a decent sentence. You know what? I can almost guarantee simply based on that little rant that she's hardly the epitome of success, I'm sure if I was to find anything relating to her personal life I could prove it to you.

Secondly: She's not stereotyping, I think you need to look up the word, she's being 'racially abusive', big difference, an example of stereotyping would be for her to say "Fucking black people all eatin chicken, that's all ya fuckin nicafriga peepelz do", instead she is ranting about how we are all immigrants and that we have ruined her country, if she was to do a little research, she too would probably discover that she in some form is also the ancestor of an immigrant, immigration is not wrong, we all do it at some point in our generations, as Americans once did, formerly Europeans, illegal immigration however is.

And thirdly: Yes, I fired back with a stereotype because she fits the mold perfectly, big mouth, swearing in front of children, no respect for society and nothing at all intelligent to say, and guess what, I didn't even have to mention her clothes, her dialect or know her home situation. Anyone who lives around chavs enough can tell them from a distance ¬_¬

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
Just another chav slapper mouthing off and marring the otherwise ok image of the British people. Nothing to see here, move along...

What a stupid woman, glad she got nicked.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
Woodsey said:
"I GONE N I VOTE BNP CUZ I LUV DEM BRITZ N ALL WE LUVLY PEEPOLE WE ALL DOYIN COS DEESE BLAADY FORAANERS WEREZ ALL DA LUVLY BRITUSH LIK ME OI WEESH DIZ CUNTRY WER SAMFIN EGEN WIIIISH WAZ MOAR LIK ME INIT YAH."

Stupid ****.

Viral_Lola said:
And apparently she doesn?t care about what she says around her kid? I?m just surprised nobody slapped her but honestly, these people are everywhere. Some are just more vocal about it.
Seemed like she was using the presence of all those Nerrigar-Fricans to 'teach' the kid, to me.
I?m assuming her little boy learned was that ?Mummy was a c*** and got arrested for it.? In all honesty, I think she was hoping to start a fight.

Nergy

Jul 21, 2011
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She doesn't have an interesting opinion. She has a rampantly racist opinion and thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour. End of.

Edit: And before they crawl out the woodwork, no, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her.
hmm... your right, we should punish people who express an unpopular opinion! I mean why let people have the freedom to express themselves?! Outrageous! *sarcasm*

Get serious man, are you really supporting someone being CRIMINALLY charged because they expressed an opinion? Really? I mean really? lol, you know who else punishes people when they express an unpopular opinion? The CCP when people say things that are deemed "criminal" to say.
She is not protected by freedom of speech, she's being abusive to members of the public and inciting racial hatred, i don't know how either of those are opinion.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
pulse2 said:
zehydra said:
pulse2 said:
Rednog said:
Chavs usually are :D If she was educated in the way I was at least, I'm pretty sure her argument would have far more structure and make more logical sense, using proper reference, possible historical proof. The only thing that made any sense was go back to your fucking countries, you fucking nicafriga, whatever or whoever that is :D
I disagree entirely. A College-level education is a far fly from just being literate.

First of all: College level education? Seriously? You honestly believe she managed to get through A-levels? Far less college/university? I don't know a single university student who speaks like that, usually they can structure a decent sentence. You know what? I can almost guarantee simply based on that little rant that she's hardly the epitome of success, I'm sure if I was to find anything relating to her personal life I could prove it to you.

Secondly: She's not stereotyping, I think you need to look up the word, she's being 'racially abusive', big difference, an example of stereotyping would be for her to say "Fucking black people all eatin chicken, that's all ya fuckin nicafriga peepelz do", instead she is ranting about how we are all immigrants and that we have ruined her country, if she was to do a little research, she too would probably discover that she in some form is also the ancestor of an immigrant, immigration is not wrong, we all do it at some point in our generations, as Americans once did, formerly Europeans, illegal immigration however is.

And thirdly: Yes, I fired back with a stereotype because she fits the mold perfectly, big mouth, swearing in front of children, no respect for society and nothing at all intelligent to say, and guess what, I didn't even have to mention her clothes, her dialect or know her home situation. Anyone who lives around chavs enough can tell them from a distance ¬_¬
No, I think you misunderstood me. This is my fault, I wasn't being clear. What I meant is that this part of what you said, "If she was educated in the way I was at least, I'm pretty sure her argument would have far more structure and make more logical sense, using proper reference, possible historical proof.", usually requires a minimal college degree. I'm saying that you can't judge her as illiterate just because she isn't capable of doing that.

Well, she said "you're black, you're not British". I automatically took that to be meaning that she thinks that they're illegally in the country because of their race, but that was probably a mistake on my part. Coming from America, that's usually what happens over here.

I still think you're in the wrong for using the term "chav" at all. But then again, you're not the only one who uses it, so ignore me if you wish; many people in your home country agree with you.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
I feel sorry for the kid most of all.

The fact is she was using the kid as a shield to spout off her foul mouth. She knew she'd have gotten a slap if she wasn't carrying it.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She doesn't have an interesting opinion. She has a rampantly racist opinion and thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour. End of.

Edit: And before they crawl out the woodwork, no, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her.
hmm... your right, we should punish people who express an unpopular opinion! I mean why let people have the freedom to express themselves?! Outrageous! *sarcasm*

Get serious man, are you really supporting someone being CRIMINALLY charged because they expressed an opinion? Really? I mean really? lol, you know who else punishes people when they express an unpopular opinion? The CCP when people say things that are deemed "criminal" to say.
Don't be ridiculous. We should punish people who break the law to abuse others for absolutely no reason. It isn't that it's unpopular, she's actually infringing on other peoples' rights.
Woodsey said:
DressedInRags said:
You keep being legends, lads.
Other peoples rights? What right? The right to not be offended? lmao, video explains it all:

Nergy

Jul 21, 2011
Raddra said:
I feel sorry for the kid most of all.

The fact is she was using the kid as a shield to spout off her foul mouth. She knew she'd have gotten a slap if she wasn't carrying it.
You can call the women stupid, but she knows how to use children as human shields.

John Prior

Nov 22, 2011
I hate my Country sometimes.
Also "your not British your black" what a stupied statement. Its not like there have been Black people in England since the 1600's. Hell Othello by Shakespere is a story with a Black lead who is in a mixed marrage.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
zehydra said:
imnotparanoid said:
zehydra said:
pulse2 said:
Rednog said:

Trust me, I have met a lot of chavs, they all talk just like that 'nice' 'lady' and are all thick as planks.
Likewise, she might say that all the black people she meets are a certain way and are destructive to British culture. How am I to take either of what you have to say seriously when you rely on that kind of evidence?
She isn't just specifically talking about blacks, she mentions polish, she mentions blacks and she mentions brown people which incorporates a vast array of different races and cultures.

Black though I may be, I'm not defending blacks in the slightest, we have our fair share of trouble makers too, but it's clear (and you don't really need to be given evidence do you?) that she is uneducated and due to the lack of logic or structure to her sentences, illiterate.

Her opinion (if you can call it that, it's more of an abusive rant and shouting) consists of baseless assumptions with no regard to her or others history, I hate to say it but she certainly doesn't come across as the sort of person to be doing any kind of cultural and historical study, those words are simply taken from things she's seen and heard from others.

If you have no real logical argument, people will always regard you as a fool, simple as :/

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
When I read the thread title, I thought it happened in America. I was quite surprised to see it was in England. Now THAT was a surprise.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Volf99 said:
Uuugh and yet you continue with the sarcasm. I feel kinda bad because you're kind of setting yourself up to look silly.
<link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_infliction_of_emotional_distress>Welcome to the intentional infliction of emotional distress law.
What I speak of is not a right like a political right, in the same league as human rights, but rather a right induced by common law.

Nergy

Jul 21, 2011
Spartan448 said:
When I read the thread title, I thought it happened in America. I was quite surprised to see it was in England. Now THAT was a surprise.
When you've lived here as long as i have, you wouldn't be surprised. look up the BNP.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:

Don't be ridiculous. We should punish people who break the law to abuse others for absolutely no reason. It isn't that it's unpopular, she's actually infringing on other peoples' rights.
Woodsey said:
DressedInRags said:
You keep being legends, lads.
Other peoples rights? What right? The right to not be offended? lmao, video explains it all:
No.
Nononononnononono.
As much as I love Steve Hughes and that video in particular....no.

You seem to think that people are just over-reacting to being offended while in fact woman was hurling racial abuse at the people around her. Would you say that the reaction to the KKK should be "You're offended! I don't care!"? Now don't get me wrong, I was surprised to learn that she had been arrested but I can certainly see the logic behind it.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
zehydra said:
Woodsey said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:

zehydra said:
Vanguard_Ex said:

oh and out of the woodwork they came...

I don't know if it's illegal to be racist in Britain, but it doesn't really make sense to arrest somebody because they say something which offends somebody in a public setting, since that would be a slippery slope with no well-defined end to it.

I do think that the public transportation system should be allowed to kick her off the train though.
If she was arrested, it would have (should have) been because she was inciting racial hatred, not just because she'd expressed a racist opinion.

No one's going to arrest you for saying "there's too many Arabs!", or "blacks are all violent".
I'm not sure I understand the difference. Can you incite racial hatred without saying racial opinions?
A comment like the ones I put forward are throw-away; fairly racist, but unlikely to get much more than an eye-roll from most people.

The only reason that ***** didn't get smacked upside the head was because people had to tell the guy behind her to cool off; she was looking for it, and she was going to go as far as she could to provoke a reaction.

To me the issue is not, "was anyone offended?", but instead, whether or not a person is actively seeking a reaction, whether they're fuelling tensions between races, whether they're making others feel particularly ill at ease, etc.

I dislike limiting people simply because they're offending (or in some cases, 'offending') people too; that was not the issue here.

Spartan448 said:
Bloody Americans, thinking they're the certain of the universe. Think you're the only ones who can have racist morons in their country, eh? We'll show you!

John Prior

Nov 22, 2011
The bit where she nearly caused a fight. Thats where the law comes in
Also the freedom of speach is NOT unlimated, State secrets and anything that can cause a breach of the peace. (what she was doing) is not included in your right to free speach.
I swear Law should be a mandotory subget is shcools.
(And yes I know I fail at spelling but I'm dislexic so I don't care)

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:

Also I thoroughly recommend you really assess your thoughts and make sure you know what you're talking about before you bring sarcasm into a human rights debate with a trainee journalist.
Your occupation doesn't make your opinion more valid than mine, and as I sarcastically pointed out, it goes against the right to express yourself when your told that you can't state an unpopular opinion. I rather not take the same approach that the CCP takes towards freedom of speech.

Broknhead

Oct 26, 2011
why is saying stuff like that illegal? i dont understand how we can have freedom of speech, yet have so many caveats. sounds more like regulated speech than free speech to me.