Get the Portal 2 Soundtrack (Legally) Free!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Wonderful! I loved the soundtrack for Portal 2 and this only increases my love for it.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Sometimes I'll temporarily forget why I love Valve so much, and then they do this.
I freaking loved Portal 2's soundtrack, thank you so much Valve. I just downloaded it as I type this post, and I'm listening to the Aerial Faith Plate song, and it is BADASS.

rvdm88

Jun 11, 2008
CM156 said:
OT: Haven't played Portal 2, because the first one made me motion sick (and I don't wanna play through the game with a puke bucket).
They improved on portal's "autorotate" a lot in this game, so you wont be slowly uprighting yourself until after 2 seconds you are straight and puke ready.

Now when you enter a portal with a "gravity shift" you get instantly uprighted in about half a second. It makes it much less nauseating, and much easier to orient your self in midair.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Mahorfeus said:
Want You Gone in Volume III? Please? *shakes fist*
May this (attached) download link serve you well in the meantime :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwimhjXkS88

J3llo

May 28, 2010
Im really glad i got it for free, but i would have paid for it ennyways, because i think that the soundtrack for portal 2 was arguably the best video game soundtrack for years.
think it sounds like what the Tron legacy soundtrack would sound if disney would have let Daft punk play around with it more.

And just for the record im not a big fan of all these orchestral soundtracks, i prefer sound tracks that doesn't sound like soundtracks, more like a kick-ass tune that keeps the gameplay more intense, if that makes any sense to you.

BlueTomfoolery

Dec 3, 2008
BobisOnlyBob said:
John Funk said:
This first volume - of a planned three - contains 22 songs which can be heard at various parts in the game.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah, I'll pick up Volume 2 when it comes out. I'm guessing Volume 3 will launch about the same time as Episode 3? 8D
Or maybe volume 3 will be delayed indefinitely like HL3. It's a conspiracy, I tells you!

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
never played the game, but I'll take the music for free!

Love me some games soundtracks!

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
YAY! Thankies VALVe it's a fantastic soundtrack...Wait! Are you giving us free stuff to take our minds off Episode 3?...Clever.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Wait, I lost you at "good will with gamers". So charging Europeans sometimes even 150% more (that's 250% total) of what they charge US is... good will?

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
I've been waiting for this soundtrack since 2010.

I was expecting to have to wait until Christmas or later to get it, but... free :D Thank you, Valve!

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Murmur95 said:
sadly, no want you gone
Nor Reconstructing Science... I guess those will be volumes 2 and 3? ... hopefully those will be free, too. Even if not, everyone still gets a nice slice of music for free (and hey, this one does have Turret Wife Serenade and Science is Fun), I am not going to complain.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I'm still crossing my fingers for an instrumental version of Want You Gone. As much as I love Ellen McLain's singing, that particular song had quite a hard beat that I could listen to repeatedly.