Giving someone $20 in Steam games. [ENTRY CLOSED]

Louie Clark

Mar 31, 2011
Trivun said:
Caution, Will Robinson! This one has some very mixed reviews floating around it. A demo might be the safest course of action, should one exist.
Yeah, I've heard that myself. Thanks for looking out, though. Sadly, there isn't a demo on Steam.

Louie Clark

Mar 31, 2011
Did anyone else here grow up with the original Oregon Trail? I have a copy of Organ Trail I'd love to give someone who remembers the original. It's a nostalgia overload. With zombies.

And speaking of free games, GoG is giving away 111 games: http://youtu.be/vAep2825oRM

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
That's nice of you for doing, I've been waiting for it to drop during a sale or something but Skyrim would be good, last I checked it was 19.99.

Also my steam name is Josh123914, just in case I'm picked.

Alien Mole

The Quite Obscure
Oct 6, 2009
I'm in Europe, so I'm not sure it's actually sub-20 (but I think it is) - a copy of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition would be much appreciated. Haven't found the opportunity to play the Baldur's Gateseses yet.

Alternatively the BioShock Infinite Season Pass'd be cool.

Love this sort of giveaway, by the way! Thanks for doing this!

Nowitzkis

Aug 2, 2011
Hi. I'd LOVE to get Hitman: Absolution! Or, if the deal will be done by that time, I'd absolutely loathe you if you'd get me Borderlands 2 DLC!. Thanks in advance! Also, my steam name is bullet4700

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
If I had to pick 2 it'd bring me back to my childhood with quake 2 for $9.99 and ARMA Cold War Assault for $5.99. Quake 2 I remember as the first game I didn't need the disc for before I was even 10 years old, some parts of it even scared my younger self. Operation Flashpoint on the other hand was the first real military sim I ever played and I liked it so much I got ARMA 2. Sadly it (Opflash) was my friend's so I only got to borrow it for a week.

syaoran728

Aug 4, 2010
Louie Clark said:
syaoran728 said:
You're very generous to do something like this.

I'd personally like Strike Suit Zero. Hope I'm not posting too late.

Thank you.
I've been thinking about getting this for myself, but I don't know anyone who has tried it out.
I told a friend of mine about it since he has no self control when it comes to mecha games. He said that its a bit slow in the beginning when your stuck piloting a generic fighter, but it picks up once you get the Strike Suit.

Louie Clark

Mar 31, 2011
Alien Mole said:
I'm in Europe, so I'm not sure it's actually sub-20
BG:EE is 19.99 USD. You'd be okay there.

Xan Krieger said:
If I had to pick 2 it'd bring me back to my childhood with quake 2
I actually just played through Quake 2, and plan on doing the expansions next. I managed to snag the id software pack when it was on sale. Master Levels for Doom 2 is something I'll never be able to beat. I don't see how people could.

Oh, and when I was in the Army, we did training on a modified Op Flashpoint. It was kind of fun.

Nowitzkis said:
Hi. I'd LOVE to get Hitman: Absolution! Or, if the deal will be done by that time, I'd absolutely loathe you if you'd get me Borderlands 2 DLC!. Thanks in advance! Also, my steam name is bullet4700
Yeah, the sale will end at 10am tomorrow, so I'd have to do the BL2 season pass.

M920CAIN

May 24, 2011
Well, 20 USD is hard to come by over here! If I were to win, I'd go for either the Hitman offer or Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Hell, I would settle for any game as gift. There's that saying: "Never look a gift horse in the mouth." But how will you pick the winner?

EDIT: also, steam name is drgsebi.

Spikethebloody

Mar 10, 2013
If I win, could i have Counter Strike: Global Offensive or Counter-Strike: Source please?

Edit: or Chivalry: Medieval Warfare if it's still on sale.

MeowZhuxi

Aug 30, 2009
You're awesome for doing this. I'd like to enter for a copy of FTL it's only 10$ so i guess you could give the rest to someone else or buy yourself a pizza or something. Steam name is MeowZhuxi.

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
ooh if i win, could i possibly have dont starve and sword of the stars: the pit? it would be great, but good luck to everyone!

Liham

Apr 17, 2009
Do you think I could possible get counter strike source? i've been considering it for a while, just waiting for it to go on sale (being a student sucks) and would really appreciate this.
EDIT: My steam account is wellingtonia.

Louie Clark

Mar 31, 2011
Liham said:
Do you think I could possible get counter strike source? i've been considering it for a while, just waiting for it to go on sale (being a student sucks) and would really appreciate this.
Tell me about it. I'm going to school now too, living off just the money I get from my Army benefits and stuff. It's rare to have extra money, but I did this month and wanted to do something like this.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
I'd like to enter myself. If I'm fortunate enough to be chosen may I have FTL (Faster then Light) And Awesomenauts? That should equal 20$ total.

This is a really nice thing you're doing. Giving out to the community like this is a nice way to make us strangers on the internet feel almost like a family. Thank you. :)

Louie Clark

Mar 31, 2011
GeneralFungi said:
This is a really nice thing you're doing. Giving out to the community like this is a nice way to make us strangers on the internet feel almost like a family. Thank you. :)
No problem, guy. That's what these things are for.

Liham

Apr 17, 2009
Louie Clark said:
Liham said:
Tell me about it. I'm going to school now too, living off just the money I get from my Army benefits and stuff. It's rare to have extra money, but I did this month and wanted to do something like this.
That's wonderful, I think that whomever get's the prize, if and when they come into a little extra money should pay it forward.

Louie Clark

Mar 31, 2011
Liham said:
That's wonderful, I think that whomever get's the prize, if and when they come into a little extra money should pay it forward.
That's the reason I started doing these in the first place, actually. People have done things for me and refused to let me return the favor, so I just pass it on.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
So what is the reason you're doing this? It's super nice.

I'm liking the Antichamber game, I'd like to have that if you pick me.