GOOD PLAYSTATION ONE GAMES

s-l-u-g

Sep 5, 2008
I cba reading through what everyone said cause im an asshole like that.

Every brilliant ps1 game that I can think of:
Silent bomber
Silent hill
Metal Gear Solid 1.
FF7.

And now some lesser known titles.

WILD9< - amazing game.
Gungage
Space Invaders <- seriously. It was pretty epic on ps1.

A good idea would be just to go down to your local games retailer and just buy some ps1 games. They're always really cheap, and it doesn't matter if you enjoy the game. The point of a review is to do exactly that. Review it. Let others know if they might like it, or not.

kawaiiamethist

Nov 21, 2009
mysoxsmell said:
im have to decided to become a game reviewer for playstation one games
so i was wondering
where do i start with games to review for the playstation???
Besides the obvious reason not to review PS1 games, you shouldn't be a reviewer. You need knowledge and a good amount of experience to be a reviewer, especially since you're interested in older games. They can't be held to the same standards of today. Furthermore, to be a good reviewer you need to be a good communicator and writer, which you haven't proved.

Play some PS1 games, gain some punctuation skills and get to know your shift or caps lock button and return to us for some advice.

Good luck.

MySoxSmell

Oct 28, 2009
kawaiiamethist said:
mysoxsmell said:
so i was wondering
Besides the obvious reason not to review PS1 games, you shouldn't be a reviewer. You need knowledge and a good amount of experience to be a reviewer, especially since you're interested in older games. They can't be held to the same standards of today. Furthermore, to be a good reviewer you need to be a good communicator and writer, which you haven't proved.

Play some PS1 games, gain some punctuation skills and get to know your shift or caps lock button and return to us for some advice.

Good luck.
i really couldnt care less about whether you think il be a good reviewer or not. i just wanted a list of games so i know where to start mmkay so if your just posting to be annoying or whatever your reason for bagging on my dream it is not appreciated so please dont repost

Thanx :)

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Legay of Kain Soul Reaver. Shenmue um Crash has been mentioned already um let me check my collection....Twisted Metal 1 and 2. I recommend playing these games in depth before reviewing them to make sure people who don't bother with older systems know what your talking about.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
I had fun with Legend of Legaia, Final Fantasy Tactics, Grandia, Threads of Fate, Parappa the Rapper, Star Ocean: the Second Story, Chrono Cross, Valkyrie Profile, and Vagrant Story.

kawaiiamethist

Nov 21, 2009
mysoxsmell said:
kawaiiamethist said:
mysoxsmell said:
so i was wondering

Good luck.
i really couldnt care less about whether you think il be a good reviewer or not. i just wanted a list of games so i know where to start mmkay so if your just posting to be annoying or whatever your reason for bagging on my dream it is not appreciated so please dont repost

I'm not being a troll, I'm being realistic. At least play some PS1 games and do some research. Dreams are nice, but if you want to make something of it you need to put in the hard work. The fact that you had to ask advice from a discussion board tells me you're not taking this seriously.

s-l-u-g

Sep 5, 2008
mysoxsmell said:
kawaiiamethist said:
mysoxsmell said:
so i was wondering

Good luck.
i really couldnt care less about whether you think il be a good reviewer or not. i just wanted a list of games so i know where to start mmkay so if your just posting to be annoying or whatever your reason for bagging on my dream alright

If it's your dream to review games that's great.
If you wanna take the time to learn how to use english better, that's even better.
If you're going to take everything someone has said about what you've said to heart then you're not cut out for this line of work.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
IdealistCommi said:
/thread. As much as everyone loves wanking over LoZ:OoT (justified wanking though it may be, being the awsome game it is) the first MGS has aged far more gracefully. Easily my favorite game on my PS3.

I'd also recommend harvest moon:return to nature, as that shit is more addictive than wow.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Silent Hill, Spyro 1-3, Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Tekken 3, and Croc: Legend of the Gobos. I also liked Digimon World 3, but have yet to finish it... it can be pretty damn hard.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
right then heres a list of my personal favourates as of the moment.

persona 2 inoccent sin and eternall punishment (i dont think there will be to many reviews of innocent sin due to translation patch)
dodonpatchi, play the arcade one first just as a comparasion, its a bad port but a good game, if that makes any sence
einhander (duh)
r type delta,
ok im sure theres another r type game on ps1 i cant remeber the full name and theres no wiki pages about it but damn im sure it exists
ff tactics,
valkyle profile,
xenogears,
intelegent cube (addicting as hell),
guitar freaks,
Motal kombat, well the ones on the ps1 dont remember the exact titles,
star ocean 2,
Soul Blade,
legacy of kain series, (blood omen wont have many reviews, due to paritial emulation problems)
arc the lad,
twisted metal series
hoshigami (wont be many reviews for this one)
dino crisis series.

ok im going to stop theres more but theres already a bit of a list here

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
SnootyEnglishman said:
Legay of Kain Soul Reaver. Shenmue um Crash has been mentioned already um let me check my collection....Twisted Metal 1 and 2. I recommend playing these games in depth before reviewing them to make sure people who don't bother with older systems know what your talking about.
Definately review Shenmue for the PS1.

Listen to this guy.

Playstation 1. Shenmue.

phar

Jan 29, 2009
Umm saves me opening another thread, mate of mine giving me his old PSX which has dozens of games. He only has the old controller not the dualshock one with the two joysticks? Do any games have that controller as a requirement or does the old one suffice for all of PSX stuff?

rainman2203

Oct 22, 2008
APE ESCAPE!1!!1 IT WAS ONE OF THE FURST GAMES TO USE THE TECHNOLOGY OF TEH DUALSHOCK CONTROLLER AND IS ONE OF THE SOUL REASONS I STILL HAVE MY PS2!!1!

Also the old school Spyro the dragon games.

I question why you're bothering to review games from a defunct console. See reasons listed from posters above.