MySoxSmell

Oct 28, 2009
wow the escapist community has really come through for me
thank you everybody who has posted on this thread
and thanks to any one who does from this point forward

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Persona 2, Legend of Legaia, Crash Bandicoot 2, 3 and yes, even Crash Team Racing, Rayman, and tekken 3 were all good ones. Id list more but im going to go dig out my PS1 now.

Emilin_Rose

Aug 8, 2009
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, Legend of Legaia, and Tail Concerto, for a few more obscure games.

Other than that: Spyro, Croc, Digimon World 3, Medievil, Lunar: Silver Star Story, Lunar 2, Arc the Lad Collection, depending on where your ps comes from Blaze and Blade: Eternal Quest, Bomberman World, Frogger, Gex 3, The Dracula series, Harvest Moon, back to Nature, Inuyasha: a Feudal Fairy Tale, Heart of darkness, Kagero: Deception, , Mega Man Legends, Persona, Persona 2, Nightmare Creatures, Psychic Detective, Shin Megami Tensei series, Star Ocean, Tales of Destiny and Eternia, and Xenogears.

Ocelot GT

Oct 29, 2009
MGS, Syphon Filter, Gran Turismo 1/2, Dino Crisis, FF7/8/9, Legacy of Cain Soul Reaver.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
IdealistCommi said:
CAPS IS FUN, ISN'T IT?
Must have run out of them for the main post...
Nice, my thought too.

Review something older that PS1 or something newer, but if you want any attention you should do some research. Find games that have been anticipated and hyped up to the max, a game that anyone owning a PS would die to get that turned out to be a disappointment. If you review that now you'll get some attention because old fans think it sucked and since you're probably not aware of the hype you can see the game for what it is, and not just underwhelming. Or you could choose something everyone chooses such as Final Fantasy. For a good gaming exoirience Resident Evil 2 is always fun though.

MegaMannZero

Oct 8, 2009
The Twisted Metal-like game "Vigilante 8 and Vigilante 8 2nd Offense"
a farting bus and flying cars= awesome!

kaizir

Nov 23, 2009
If you're bringing up soul reaver i'd strongly recomend going with the original Legacy of Cain: Blood Omen, to date has to be one of my favorite ps1 games ever released, and was the start of what could have been an amazing series (then came blood omen 2 and soul reaver 2) :mad:

Acaroid

Aug 11, 2008
mysoxsmell said:
im have to decided to become a game reviewer for playstation one games
so i was wondering
where do i start with games to review for the playstation???
Frontmission 3 XD

setvak

Sep 6, 2009
mysoxsmell said:
setvak said:
You've picked a great time to start, the playstation is indeed a bustling console.
hmm im not sure if thats sarcasim
Just some sarcasm. Not saying it won't be fun, but it's not as if there's currently a great need for reviews of PS1 games, which your original phrasing seemed to hint at.

Yukinari

Aug 22, 2009
Medievil 1 and 2.
Crash Trilogy
Spyro Trilogy
Oddsworld
Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
MGS
FF7
Twisted Metal
Tomba 2
Ape Escape

I win a cookie.

Helmet

Could use a beer about now...
May 14, 2008
I'd like to agree with all the comments of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I'd also like to throw out another one- Brave Fencer Musashi.

Xhu

Nov 15, 2009
Not sure how obscure they were, since I wasn't really involved in any gaming communities back in the PS1 era, but both G-Police games, the first Alundra, Red Alert and the original Worms are the ones that really got me hooked.