GOOD PLAYSTATION ONE GAMES

MySoxSmell

Oct 28, 2009
im have to decided to become a game reviewer for playstation one games
so i was wondering
where do i start with games to review for the playstation???

MySoxSmell

Oct 28, 2009
i was thinkong of starting with a final fantasy but then that would just make me seem like a fanboy

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Whoa National Caps lock day was a while ago XD

I hear Castlevania Symphony of the Night is fun, you could try that. Never played it myself

setvak

Sep 6, 2009
You've picked a great time to start, the playstation is indeed a bustling console.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Koudelka, Silent Hill 1, Resident Evil 1-3, Metal Gear Solid 1, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, and Parasite Eve 1 and 2.

Kitacular

Sep 4, 2009
It doesn't matter what the actual game is, because they were all released 10-15 years ago. Pick whatever's in the console right now.

Edit: Actually, ignore that. Pick something REALLY obscure. If you just write another review about Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy or Resident Evil, you won't have anything interesting to say about them.

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Final Fantasy 7, Breath of Fire III, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy Tactics, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, those only ones I can name off the top of my head.

EDIT: Suikoden 1 and 2. By far the best two games of the series.

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
Bushido Blade

It's a very interesting fighting game that isn't based on health bars. you basically try to deal a good enough deathblow. You can also attack a specific bodypart until they lose function in it (arms, legs, etc)

Generator

May 8, 2009
mysoxsmell said:
i was thinkong of starting with a final fantasy but then that would just make me seem like a fanboy
It's good to start with one well-known, fanboy spawning game so that people might actually find it while doing a search for the game. And if you're doing PS1 reviews, make sure not to miss the Spyro games, as they are entirely awesome, or the Medievil games, as they are slightly obscure, but still awesome.

Anyways, start with some well-known games, get a trademark thing going that sets you apart from the other legions of reviewers, and then you can move on to some more interesting, obscure titles.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
IdealistCommi said:
CAPS IS FUN, ISN'T IT?
Must have run out of them for the main post...

Anyway, Medievil series is a good place to start. Digimon World games, Jade Cocoon, Legend of Dragoon, Soul Reaver, and Tenchu to name a few.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Silent Hill, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro... you've got a wide plateau of selection here.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
WITH CAPS LOCK I BECOME CONQUERER OF WORLDS. ALSO OTHER EFFECTS OF CAPS LOCK THAT INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IS, NAUSEA HEART BURN INDEGESTION UPSET STOMACH, INTERNAL COMBUSTIONS!

WITH CAPS LOCK EVERY HOT AVAIBLE AND UNAVAIBLE WOMEN WILL WANT IN YOUR PANTS, ON THE SPOT, ANYWHERE ANY TIME. PLEASE USE CAPS LOCK TODAY, AND FOR A LIMITED TIME OFFER WE WILL THROW IN A SHIFT BAR AND ANOTHER CAPS LOCK KEY, WHEN YOU SERIOUSLY WANT TO UNLEASH THE FUCKING FURY!

BUT IF YOU CALL RIGHT NOW, I'LL THROW IN 3 MUDKIPS, A SPACE BAR AND YOUR DOG. THAT'S RIGHT WITH CAPS LOCK YOU CAN ABDUCT PEOPLES DOGS. AIN'T IT WONDERFUL?

BUT WAIT, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PHONE, DON'T FRET! YOU CAN GET A FREE CAPS LOCK BY LOOKING AT YOUR KEYBOARD, JUST HIT AND GO! UNLEASH YOUR FURY EVERY WHERE YOU TYPE. IT MAKES YOU LOOK SMARTER,FASTER, MORE SEXUALLY ATTRACTIVE AND MAKES YOUR DICK/BOOBS TWICE AS BIG AS EVERYONE ELSES.

PLEASE USE CAPS LOCK TODAY!

_________

Had to be done.

As to the PS1.. uhhh... Castlevania.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Start with the classics, games that will make people say
"Oh shit, I remember that game!"
then they'll feel compelled to read what you wrote, if only to see if they agree with you. If they do then they'll find themselves reading more of your work, then feel free to slip in a more well known titles as you go along.
Don't just crack out the PS1 juggernauts then run out of steam after a short span.