Google Vs. The English

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Magichead said:
LiquidGrape said:
Magichead said:
Self-censorship is, IMO, even worse than forced censorship. It's a word, if you want to use it, use it, and anyone who can't stomach it is a ****. And the article author is cunting right, we do say **** a lot over here in cuntland. ****.

:p
What an inspiring stance for individual freedom.
- Screw the sensitivities of others as long as I get to keep my silly werds!

Honestly, it's as if people fight harder for the right to be unpleasant more than anything else.
Really? Frankly, if a swear word can offend you to the point that you need to bring in the word "sensitivities", you're going to spend most of your life in a permanent state of whingey, disapproving indigence, and nobody likes that guy.
I have no real issue with swearing. Expletives are good fun most of the time.
What is problematic with that word is the fact that it is a gendered slur.
That said, I'm not going to censor language. How could I, anyway? I recognise people's right to say whatever they want.
- That doesn't mean I'm not going to call people out on what they choose to say, and whether it is always a good idea to do so.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Grey Carter said:
The "C word," as some people insist on calling it, is widely considered the most severe curse word in the English language. Feminist scholar Germaine Greer once called it "one of the few remaining words in the English language with a genuine power to shock."
Uhhhhhhhh... no?

It might not be used as much, but that's not enough to make it the worst curse in English. Not even close.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Honestly? This is just funny. Considering I can barely go a day without one of my friends or me using the word to insult someone in a joking manner, I'm not too fussed.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Feminist scholar Germaine Greer once called it "one of the few remaining words in the English language with a genuine power to shock."
Actually It's not that shocking where I'm from, in fact I use it quite often, in jest.

Captain Booyah

Apr 19, 2010
I'm English and I loved this. To be fair, most of us are. Somebody told me about this Google ranking a few days ago and I got a screenshot of it while I could. YEEESSSSS. I HAVE A PIECE OF HISTORY ON MY LAPTOP.

Also, Peep Show picture? +1 approval.

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
hah! that reminds me of the situation we had a couple of years ago back in poland. if you typed in idiot you would get the site of president, if you would type moron you would get prime minister. there were a couple more but that was some time ago, and my memory isnt like it used to be......

i suspect google is trying to tell us something......

Poisoned Al

Feb 16, 2008
Probably some fat, stupid American probably thought they were being really insulting, who ironically will throw a spastic fit over being called fat and stupid.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Metalrocks said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Australians have used that as the standard definition for the English for over a century. :D
true. i've heard it a lot down there. its pretty much a common phrase like shit. my friend uses it practically every time. of course among friends.
To clarify, in Australia, swear words such as dick, bugger, bloody, shit and fuck, are not swear words, they are mearly useful adverbs and pronouns to an appropriate situation. **** will get you in trouble depending on where you are and who you talk to.

For example when meeting an old friend who may have been a larikan in the past one might open the conversation with the following greeting "Oi ****! hows it goin'"

However being sighted for dissorderly behaviour a policeman might turn the other cheek to a comment like "Listen you bloody idiot, this is fuckin' bullshit!" He will not however turn a blind eye to " Bugger this! Your a fucking ****!" This I guarantee will get you arrested and a reserve booking for the cell with the malfunctioning camera and ther old collection of phone books.

I trust this helps.

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
Bah silly google the only way to offend a British man is with a glass bottle that or a dueling pistol social standing permitting, your move google

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
I'm English and a ****. This is absolutely, by far, the best thing google has ever done. Fucking brilliant.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
Guy Jackson said:
Blimey. I'm English and 34 years old and I've yet to hear anyone talk about "the empire". And "convicts"? I can only assume that any English person who says something like that to an Australian is intentionally trying to wind them up.?
Well, you would wouldn't you. Especially now I know it pisses them off, I'd keep going on and on about it forever - mainly because I'm a ****. In your faces australians.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
RhombusHatesYou said:
BrotherRool said:
This guy on the other hand
RhombusHatesYou said:
Proud to be a taint?
is clearly English, and we need say no more than that
Wait.. do you mean 'English' as in a **** or 'English' as in from England?

Calling me a **** is fair enough, most people do, but saying I'm from England is taking it all a step too far.

My honour has been impugned and I demand satisfaction with the Traditional Australian Duel - smacking each other in the face with King Brown Snakes... however, if you're scared of snakes we can use waterpistols filled with irukandji instead.
Oh dear sir! I did not mean to make such a grievous slight. I rashly took from your uncouth phrasing that you could only be one thing... but I did not mean to suggest that you could possibly be that...

No my Australian friend, please accept my humblest apologies and I'm afraid I cannot meet you in a duel, however I am happy to send a Sheep proxy which should give you challenge enough at Australian outback wrestling. Please let us be allies, we are one and the same united at the English and do we not both have South Wales? Never mind us the original and you the copy, it is enough

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Dwarfman said:
However being sighted for dissorderly behaviour a policeman might turn the other cheek to a comment like "Listen you bloody idiot, this is fuckin' bullshit!" He will not however turn a blind eye to " Bugger this! Your a fucking ****!" This I guarantee will get you arrested and a reserve booking for the cell with the malfunctioning camera and ther old collection of phone books.
Bah, I've called the filth 'cunts' before and all they do is get stroppy and threaten to write you up for offensive language... to which I've always replied "I'll stop calling you cunts when you stop acting like cunts."

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
-|- said:
Guy Jackson said:
Blimey. I'm English and 34 years old and I've yet to hear anyone talk about "the empire". And "convicts"? I can only assume that any English person who says something like that to an Australian is intentionally trying to wind them up.?
Well, you would wouldn't you. Especially now I know it pisses them off, I'd keep going on and on about it forever - mainly because I'm a ****. In your faces australians.
See, the thing is it doesn't piss us off the way most people think it does. Trying to use it as an insult just gets your written off as an ignorant, boring dickhead... Saying it over and over all night gets you classified as an irritating fuckstick who possibly needs help shutting their mouth.

I've found the best way to shut that sort of person up is to say to them "Convict? That's the best you've got? What are you, a fucking seppo?"

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
BrotherRool said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
BrotherRool said:
This guy on the other hand
RhombusHatesYou said:
Proud to be a taint?
is clearly English, and we need say no more than that
Wait.. do you mean 'English' as in a **** or 'English' as in from England?

Calling me a **** is fair enough, most people do, but saying I'm from England is taking it all a step too far.

My honour has been impugned and I demand satisfaction with the Traditional Australian Duel - smacking each other in the face with King Brown Snakes... however, if you're scared of snakes we can use waterpistols filled with irukandji instead.
Oh dear sir! I did not mean to make such a grievous slight. I rashly took from your uncouth phrasing that you could only be one thing... but I did not mean to suggest that you could possibly be that...
Fair enough then.

No my Australian friend, please accept my humblest apologies and I'm afraid I cannot meet you in a duel, however I am happy to send a Sheep proxy which should give you challenge enough at Australian outback wrestling.
What would I do with one bloody sheep? Not worth setting up the shearing rig for one and if I tried to have the kelpie herd it, the dog'd be like "What? One sheep? Are you taking the piss? I'm going to shit in your boots tonight."

Couldn't wrestle it, Federation rules prohibit the wrestling of animal aren't venomous or have rows of razor sharp teeth and have strong enough jaws to crush bone. I suppose I could pimp it out to lonely kiwis...

Please let us be allies, we are one and the same united at the English and do we not both have South Wales? Never mind us the original and you the copy, it is enough
I don't recognise New South Wales or Queensland as parts of Australia.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
See, the thing is it doesn't piss us off the way most people think it does. Trying to use it as an insult just gets your written off as an ignorant, boring dickhead... Saying it over and over all night gets you classified as an irritating fuckstick who possibly needs help shutting their mouth.

I've found the best way to shut that sort of person up is to say to them "Convict? That's the best you've got? What are you, a fucking seppo?"
Doesn't matter which way it pisses you off, you only have to react and that is enough for us cunts to be amused. Especially as we can add kicking your convict arses at cricket now your national team is slightly crappier than ours.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
-|- said:
RhombusHatesYou said:

Doesn't matter which way it pisses you off, you only have to react and that is enough for us cunts to be amused.
It doesn't piss us off, it just bores us. What gets irritating is having the same thing said over and over again all night, doesn't matter what you're actually saying.

You go to the boozer and every time you pass a certain group that night, point and shout something like 'FLANGE GASKETS!'... eventually they're going to get sick of you.

Especially as we can add kicking your convict arses at cricket now your national team is slightly crappier than ours.
Cricket is even more tedious than tourists who think shouting 'convict!' all night is the height of comedy... which makes certain sections of the Barmy Army some of the most boring people I've ever met.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
-|- said:
RhombusHatesYou said:

Doesn't matter which way it pisses you off, you only have to react and that is enough for us cunts to be amused.
It doesn't piss us off, it just bores us. What gets irritating is having the same thing said over and over again all night, doesn't matter what you're actually saying.

You go to the boozer and every time you pass a certain group that night, point and shout something like 'FLANGE GASKETS!'... eventually they're going to get sick of you.

Especially as we can add kicking your convict arses at cricket now your national team is slightly crappier than ours.
Cricket is even more tedious than tourists who think shouting 'convict!' all night is the height of comedy... which makes certain sections of the Barmy Army some of the most boring people I've ever met.
It's too late as I've already find your reaction very amusing in it's po-facedness. Actually, are you sure you're actually Australian and not Canadian? Because I'm a **** I do find it hard to tell you colonials apart - but usually aussies do irony a bit better.