"Great" games that failed to blow you away

Feb 25, 2009
Oh man, there's a ton. Let's see...

Mass Effect 2
Every Halo game after 2
Dragon Age Origins
Little Big Planet
Final Fantasy XIII (although I've really never been into JRPGs, except Lost Odysey,which was awesome)

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Hubilub said:
Fallout 1 and 2.

I really can't understand how so many people can love those games.
Agreed. I have no idea how the hell these games became popular enough to fund and spawn Fallout3, which was a biblical triumph of a production.

Sam_Winchester

Sep 24, 2009
Bioshock
GTA 4
Halo ODST
Modern Warfare 2(campaign)

all had raving reviews, but failed to grab me by the balls and draw me in within the first few missions.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
justsomerandomguy said:
Portal.
I found it dull, kept loosing the orientation, and it was only a few hours long.

It's overhyped, no mater what the internet says.
Is it possible that it's not overhyped and you just didn't like it? :p

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
Mirror's Edge and LittleBigPlanet. The games just didn't live up to my expectations, the ideas were good but something was missing I thought.

Atvomat_Nikonov

Jul 2, 2008
MAG is probably the most recent game that didn't blow me away. I tried it at a friends, because I'd heard it was meant to be amazing. I tried it, played between 10 and 20 matches and didn't like it. The guns felt horrible, did very little damage and recoil like a *****. I didn't get chance to try out the 256 player mode(because it wasn't unlocked), and that was apparently it's biggest draw. Even if I owned the game, I wouldn't have been interested enough to try and unlock that mode.

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. So repetitive and boring.

Morrowind. Although I did play Oblivion first so maybe it has something to do with that.

NoMoreBurninashun

Apr 17, 2009
the original bioshock, mind you when i played bioshock 2 i thought it was great which means i may go back and play the first one again and try to look more favourably on it

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
The conclusion we draw so far is that the main, great game we mostly agree to like is probably Super Mario on the NES.

And maybe Afterburner.

Usurpurus

Oct 12, 2009
Mass Effect definitley, I'm glad I only paid £6.50 for it but I still think it wasn't worth it. Bioshock 2, due to rendering problems and the exact same graphics as the first one, released 3 years ago, I wasn't impressed. BFBC2 for a while until I got used to it. And by far the biggest let down was Dragon Age...Oh my god what a boring, clunky game.

T3h Merc

Dec 24, 2008
Half Life 1 & 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Metroid Prime (too haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard (when I was 10)

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Half Life 2 just didn't work for me, I just didn't find it fun, for the most part. I appreciate that it was a game with a convincing world, some great characters and diverse gameplay, but I just didn't find shooting fun.

lanternmiller

Mar 20, 2010
Gears of War:

If it's going to be a FPS, I find it hard to play if it isn't realistic (Rainbow Six) or unrealistic (Halo/Half-Life).

By the definition of "Realistic" I mean either set on modern-day Earth and using cover to fight, by "Unrealistic" I mean anything that isn't the above. The game sets you in fighting insect monsters in apocalyptic-Earth with enourmous guns (With chainsaws on the end, come on!).... And you sit in cover to fight. Seriously?

God of War:

It's very, very pretty. It has some entertaining moments of violence. It has no story. None. Completely. It's the most standard non-descript action story ever, wrapped around what they think Greece was like.

Bioshock:

I was lead to believe it would be like Deus Ex. It was not. >.>