Great musicians that died too young.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I know that there's loads that can be put down here, but which great musician was, in your opinion, was just far too young when they died?

My vote goes to Hillel Slovek (sp?) of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He was 25, and a great experimental guitarist.

Your thoughts?

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I need to 2nd Jimi Hendrix, he was an unstoppable force. Also Brian Johnson was a far better singer for ACDC, Back In Black and Thunderstruck would have been 10 times better with his voice.
Also Freddie Mercury, I really wanted to see him live.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Nazulu said:
I need to 2nd Jimi Hendrix, he was an unstoppable force. Also Brian Johnson was a far better singer for ACDC, Back In Black and Thunderstruck would have been 10 times better with his voice.
Brian Johnson provided the vocals for both of those albums and is still alive. Bon Scott is the name you're after, I think.

Uskis

Apr 21, 2008
Natasja Saad (http://www.myspace.com/tasjamusic)

Great dancehall artist who died in a car crash in Jamaica over a year ago. She was pretty big in Denmark, and contributed to make the dancehall/dub/reggae scene popular. She just finished her international debut album before she died, and even though she represented a very accessible mainstream version of the genre, she was extremely talented and could have gone far

Big up!

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Jharry5 said:
Nazulu said:
Brian Johnson provided the vocals for both of those albums and is still alive. Bon Scott is the name you're after, I think.
Whoops I meant Bon Scott, thankyou for that. Brian Johnson I don't mind but you gotta admit Bon Scott was better. Brian Johnson did improve on Black Ice though, what do you think?

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Nazulu said:
Jharry5 said:
Nazulu said:
Whoops I meant Bon Scott, thankyou for that. Brian Johnson I don't mind but you gotta admit Bon Scott was better. Brian Johnson did improve on Black Ice though, what do you think?
Brian Johnson is ok, and has improved as time's gone on (but my favourite album he did was his first - Back In Black). But I've always thought of AC/DC as two separate bands really; the one with Bon Scott, and the second with Brian Johnson.
Me personally, I prefer AC/DC with Bon Scott.

The Rusk

May 25, 2008
Yeah I'd have to second those who've said Jeff Buckley, Otis Redding and Jimi Hendrix, though I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Bob Marley yet.

MrPete

Nov 3, 2008
Freddie Mercury.

Casey Calvert from Hawthorne Heights wasn't necessarily great, but his death was still tragic.

Someone else I would suggest would be Paul Kossoff, the guitarist from Free... When he died, Clapton broke down on a drumkit and wept.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
I 2nd all the mentions of Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, and Jim Morrison. I'll also just throw Kurt Cobain's name out there because we were already sixteen posts into the thread without him being mentioned.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Kurt Cobain, Jimmy Hendrix and Cliff Burton.

If they just lived longer music would be different today.