Great musicians that died too young.

hagaya

Sep 1, 2008
To reiterate what most people are saying and what everyone should; HENDRIX! Also -- letting the old man inside me out of his chocolate cage -- the dead Beatles and Elvis

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
bue519 said:
Sigh... No one ever remembers Janice Joplin
Janis. And you beat me to it...
Lusperus said:
pete townshend how i would have loved to hear tommy live
Pete Townshend is still alive. John Entwistle is dead.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Jharry5 said:
sirdanrhodes said:
The drowning pool singer Dave Williams!

He sure did let his body hit the floor!
Oh come on!
Poor taste anyone?
I was not aiming for poor taste, just irony. I loved his music styles and the band hasn't been even close since his unfortunate death.

Milkatron

Jul 18, 2008
Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison (the trio at 27)
Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper (Day the music died)
Cliff Burton, Dime-bag Darrell, and Quorthon (because metal kicked more ass while they were alive)
Keith Moon and John Bonham (because everyone knows how awesome they were)
Duane Allman, John Lennon, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Rory Gallagher, and Robert Johnson to round off the list.

For the record, Kurt Cobain should have been aborted so we didn't have to put up with that shit.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
sirdanrhodes said:
Jharry5 said:
sirdanrhodes said:

Oh come on!
Poor taste anyone?
I was not aiming for poor taste, just irony. I loved his music styles and the band hasn't been even close since his unfortunate death.
You're right about that... the album Sinner was really good but their later stuff, not so much.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
sirdanrhodes said:

no disturbed sucked, they are one of the things that are wrong with the numetal push

Milkatron said:
For the record, Kurt Cobain should have been aborted so we didn't have to put up with that shit.
no they were actually good, heck smells like teen spirit is still voted in the top 10 of best songs ever, it's probly the number 1 song of the 90s

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
cleverlymadeup said:
sirdanrhodes said:

no disturbed sucked, they are one of the things that are wrong with the numetal push

Milkatron said:
no they were actually good, heck smells like teen spirit is still voted in the top 10 of best songs ever, it's probly the number 1 song of the 90s
Disturbed? Go back and re read the band that you misread! Drowning Pool, NOT Disturbed.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Milkatron said:
He was vocalist/songwriter in arguably the most important band of the 90's. He contributed a lot to his time's music scene; just like the others you listed did for their times.
But, to each his own...

Phillosophic

Oct 30, 2008
Not young, so doesn't really count but hey-ho. Just find it sad that Blind Willie Johnson (master of the slide guitar) died of pneumonia alone & poor in the burned out wreck of his house, sleeping on old newspapers.

Not Good

Sep 17, 2008
Lusperus said:
Kurt cobain and pete townshend how i would have loved to hear tommy live
Townsead's still alive. Your thinking of Keith Moon.

Drummer from Zepplin. His name escapes me at the moment.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Not Good said:
Lusperus said:
Kurt cobain and pete townshend how i would have loved to hear tommy live
Townsead's still alive. Your thinking of Keith Moon.

Drummer from Zepplin. His name escapes me at the moment.
John Bonham was the drummer from Led Zep. He was (and possibly still is), in my opinion, the best drummer around...