Greatest Quotes Ever

The-Dude

Jul 10, 2008
"Only after disaster can we be resurrected" Tyler Durden
and basically any other line from Fight Club

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
'Oh, the cowardly English, the cowardly English!' and on being asked why, replied, 'They did not jump overboard like our brave Frenchmen.'

King Philip VI's jester, after a naval battle in 1340 in which the French knights were so terrified of the English knights and men-at-arms that upon threat of boarding they often leaped overboard in full armor to drown.

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
*"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."
"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
*"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
*"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking."
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible."
*"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
*"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
*"Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity."
*"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
*"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
*****"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
*"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
*"No, this trick won't work...How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
*"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

All of these are by Albert Einstein.
My favorites have stars.

LilMissEvil

Jun 25, 2008
Hmmm anything by the fantastic Alan Partridge.

"How long did you put this in for, Lynn? It's hotter than the sun!!"
"Jackanackanory"
"Kiss my face!"
"What, like three men burning in a tank, going "uurgh"?"
"Yes. In fact, you know, the best thing I ever did was get thrown out by my wife! She's living with a fitness instructor. He drinks that yellow stuff in tins. He's an idiot!"

And anything said by Jayne Cobb in Firefly/Serenity.

"Shiny. Let's be bad guys."
"I'll be in my bunk."
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with til you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
"She starts on that "girl's name" thing, I'm gonna show her good an' all I got man parts."
"Dear Diary. Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
"Oh, I think you might wanna reconsider that last part. See, I married me a powerful ugly creature."
"Not as deceiving as a lowdown, dirty... deceiver."
"That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth."

"I'm gonna build my own lunar lander! With blackjack...aaaaand hookers! Actually, forget the lunar lander and the blackjack. Ah forget the whole thing." - Bender.

"I'm a pimp. And pimps don't commit suicide." - Boxer Santaros (Southland Tales)

"I'm English, and as such I crave disappointment. That's why I buy Kinder Surprise. Horrible chocolate, nasty little toy. A double whammy of disillusionment! Sometimes I eat the toy out of sheer despair. I call them the Eggs Of Numbing Inevitability" - Bill Bailey

"People say there's a fine line between genius and insanity. I don't think there's a fine line. I actually think there's a yawning gulf. You see some poor bugger scuffling up the road with balloons tied to his ears...he's not going home to invent a rocket is he?" - Bill Bailey

Sorry, I have no serious quotes to offer at this time of day ;)

Cagia

Jul 9, 2008
I take it you mean mouldy, rotten, disease infested cheese for all but a few dead ends, right?

CharlieMorae

Jul 11, 2008
"I only included things that everybody likes, like violence, flowers, children, women, friendship and death." Tomonobu Itagaki.

AlphaWolf13

Mar 20, 2008
"The loser said he was simply too punch-drunk to fend off checkmate"

"I took a lot of body-blows in the fourth round and that affected my concentration. That's why I made a big mistake in the fifth round: I did not see him coming for my king,''

Found off a random article... About Chessboxing. Simply hilarious

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
Kiss my shiny metal ass.
-Bender of Futurama

Drinking alcohol doesn't make you a man. Being a man lets you drink alcohol.
-Me

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
"Dukie, if this whole thing blows up, the feds will be the least of our problems." -Kid Twist (The Sting)

Gravy Devil

Jul 7, 2008
"That's it man, game over, GAME OVER !! -Private W. Hudson (Aliens)

"One time I wore a girls head as a hat as I drove through three states.." -Garland Green (Con-Air)

"My god, I haven't been f--ked like that since grade school" -Marla Singer (Fight Club)

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum" -Nada (They Live)

crivera37

Jul 13, 2008
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

"Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to point B very fast while other people dash form point B to point A very fast. People living at point C, being a point directly in between, are often given to wonder what's so great about point A that so many people from point B are so keen to get there, and what's so great about point B that so many people from point A are so keen to get there. They often wish that people would just once and for all decide where the hell they wanted to be."

Both Douglas Adams

Guy Fawkes

Jul 13, 2008
" This is not the land of do as you please, this is the land of take what you want."
V. (comic)

"Our music is like two catholic school girls in mid Knife-fight"
Alexisonfire (music)

tregon75

Jun 27, 2008
"Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into
the fire pit, and I said, 'Goodbye,' and you were like, 'NNOO WWAAYY," and then I
was all, "We pretended we were going to murder you", that was great."

~GLaDOS from Portal

GraegoriHauss

Jul 13, 2008
Here's one:

"95% of the population are idiots. The other 5% are also idiots, because everyone thinks they're in that 5%."
-Anonymous

"We are the only cure for what plagues us. Medicine cures the plague, and science yields medicine, but we are the ones who practice science."
-Myself