GTA Trilogy is messy

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
So this was kinda a harsh admonishment for not checking, so I checked...and yeah. They did get divorced. So...yeah. I was right. Again.
Sorry, that wasn't meant to sound as harsh as it was interpreted. Been way too submersed in conspiracy circles the last year trying to keep ahead of fact checking so can end up coming off rather short when attempting to straighten anything out, usually as there isn't much expectation of the other person being either real or receptive or even talking in good faith in the first place. Is a habit that seems to have bled elsewhere, apologies.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Idk, this whole thing is starting to look awash(er).
F+#& you..... (Quietly likes post)

Sorry, that wasn't meant to sound as harsh as it was interpreted. Been way too submersed in conspiracy circles the last year trying to keep ahead of fact checking so can end up coming off rather short when attempting to straighten anything out, usually as there isn't much expectation of the other person being either real or receptive or even talking in good faith in the first place. Is a habit that seems to have bled elsewhere, apologies.
I certainly understand how that feels. I imagine a lot of people here have had similar issues since at least 2020.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Dude, Sterling has had it out for Rockstar for a long time at this point. This is nothing new. You should not be surprised in the slightest. I get it, you don't like them, I don't care.
Yeah, actually Sterling hates everyone in the AAA space. And capitalism!

Likes Boglins though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah, actually Sterling hates everyone in the AAA space. And capitalism!
Hates nearly everyone in the AAA space , but I don't blame them. They hate capitalism; I can't blame them for that either. With all the abuse and loopholes, who can blame them? Don't answer that, rhetorical question.

Not a fan of Boglins, but I understand why they enjoy them. Everyone has their own style of collectibles. No shame in that.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
And I apologize for snapping back.

And lets both agree the GTA trilogy sucks donkey balls. I saw the picture you posted and at first I didn't get it, and then I realized its supposed to a nut. Like a lug nut and isn't supposed to be round. That's just sloppy work on Rockstar's part.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Would help explain how three of the lead creatives have also left Rockstar since. There’s even further in-game hints about the parting of ways and internal disagreements regarding the future of the company via Easter eggs.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Just gonna leave this here

I'm sure Shamus is late to the hot take party here but he does make the good point of how stupid it is for Rockstar to cheap out on something like this when they're rolling in fucking dosh. He also talks about how dumb their PC launcher is since they can't fix it without taking it offline and because you can't play the game without the damn launcher, you can't play a SP game offline either. Because why would anyone want to play a SP game installed to their harddrive offline? This is begging to use a 3rd party patch to bypass the launcher just to play the game(though considering, why would you want to?).

It's hard to believe the same studio that made the intricity detailed RDR2 botched this so badly that phoning it in would be a monumental increase in effort on their part.

It does make me kinda glad I have Vice City and San Andreas on disc. Though I'm not sure I'd want to replay Vice City again considering it was kinda BS at times(the fucking driver mission, not to mention that fucking RC helicopter) and I'd only play San Andreas to actually finish it(because I never did beat it, I quit not long after reaching San Fierro).

Also, Fucking hell(apologies if someone already linked to this). JUST HOW DO YOU FUCK THIS UP SO BAD? This feels like recreating a famous building and somehow ramming it into an iceberg.

Fuck it, at this point I don't want an RDR remaster/remake it. It'll probably set your PC/console ablaze and give you TB in the process.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Just gonna leave this here

I'm sure Shamus is late to the hot take party here but he does make the good point of how stupid it is for Rockstar to cheap out on something like this when they're rolling in fucking dosh. He also talks about how dumb their PC launcher is since they can't fix it without taking it offline and because you can't play the game without the damn launcher, you can't play a SP game offline either. Because why would anyone want to play a SP game installed to their harddrive offline? This is begging to use a 3rd party patch to bypass the launcher just to play the game(though considering, why would you want to?).

It's hard to believe the same studio that made the intricity detailed RDR2 botched this so badly that phoning it in would be a monumental increase in effort on their part.

It does make me kinda glad I have Vice City and San Andreas on disc. Though I'm not sure I'd want to replay Vice City again considering it was kinda BS at times(the fucking driver mission, not to mention that fucking RC helicopter) and I'd only play San Andreas to actually finish it(because I never did beat it, I quit not long after reaching San Fierro).

Also, Fucking hell(apologies if someone already linked to this). JUST HOW DO YOU FUCK THIS UP SO BAD? This feels like recreating a famous building and somehow ramming it into an iceberg.

Fuck it, at this point I don't want an RDR remaster/remake it. It'll probably set your PC/console ablaze and give you TB in the process.
I posted that Shamus article on Rockstar’s Reddit so hopefully they’ll read it.

Then again, it’s not like anything short of a total shunning of their studio will likely change anything though.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Latest theory I've heard about this this shit show is that Grove Street Games, the people who brought the GTA games over to mobile, actually used the fucking mobile game versions to create this "definitive" edition. Sounds a little far fetched honestly, but if true, that's hilarious.

Conspiracy theories aside, he makes a good point. Angry fans are trying to crawl up Grove Street Games' butt, when we all know who is really at fault. Don't shoot the messenger.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Latest theory I've heard about this this shit show is that Grove Street Games, the people who brought the GTA games over to mobile, actually used the fucking mobile game versions to create this "definitive" edition. Sounds a little far fetched honestly, but if true, that's hilarious.
That's stated as fact in the digital foundry video.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States

Wow, a real (well, real as in video game real) life version of that wide Putin meme.

Truly we are in the forsaken timeline.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Alienware

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Canada

What the hell is going on? They fucked Cyberpunk and now GTA... like seriously? I really want to know what is happening with these gaming company's to release unfinished bullshit and then expect people to pay full price for a half ass game lmao

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I really want to know what is happening with these gaming company's to release unfinished bullshit and then expect people to pay full price for a half ass game lmao
Because not only will the fanboys pay full price for a half-assed game, but they'll attack anyone who calls it out for being a half-assed game.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
That's stated as fact in the digital foundry video.
I tried watching it, and ironically I had to stop because the video kept stuttering and it was really distracting. Was probably my laptop's fault, but for a while I genuinely thought they put it into the video as some kind of commentary on the state of the game lmao

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

A little bit of new information, the so-called "Definitive Edition" is just ports of the crappy mobile versions of each game. Pat nentions this at the start of the 8 minute mark.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Rockstar just issued an apology, promised fixes, and brought the old versions of the games back to being available to buy if you want. Anyone with the definitive editions will get the old versions of the games for free if they want them.

Nice, but no excuse for releasing trash and ass in the first place.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Rockstar just issued an apology, promised fixes, and brought the old versions of the games back to being available to buy if you want. Anyone with the definitive editions will get the old versions of the games for free if they want them.

Nice, but no excuse for releasing trash and ass in the first place.
Ngl, I honestly thought they would just ignore the criticisms